What is the Sup Forums approved way to video chat with another human being?

What is the Sup Forums approved way to video chat with another human being?

>inb4 muh in person
>inb4 muh social anxiety is an excuse to never want video chat in your software
>inb4 neets tell me to break the camera on my laptop and phone.

Other urls found in this thread:

meet.jit.si/
meet.jit.si/whatevernameyoucomeupwith
github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There is no Sup Forums approved method. All options outside of proprietary software are p2p and don't work at an acceptable level. OSS is the future.

>OSS is the future

wat

Signal

Kik video chat.

matrix

>kik

no

Use a camera and zip them the file by mail.

Google Duo

IRC

appear.in ?

>pooloo chat

oh dear

>p2p
Why would this matter?
Do you seriously not have a server lying around you use for skyping?

meet.jit.si/

Come up with a room name and join it.
meet.jit.si/whatevernameyoucomeupwith

Send the link to your friends.

As long as they use an up to date browser, you'll use p2p webRTC. No need to install nor download anything. No plugins no anything.
And the project is opensource.
github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet

I guess this is nice but a standalone app is a better idea since most of us on Sup Forums block or disable webrtc on our browsers.

QuickCam

I have a toggle button for webrtc.

too much hassle and a browser shouldn't have to do everything.

Wire

>>inb4 neets tell me to break the camera on my laptop and phone
Do it, the CIA has all the faces you make while fapping

Seconded. I also got a couple family members using Signal. They seem to like it and have stuck with it since. It's really simplistic and easy to use.

>pic related, even my tech illiterate mom and I can chat with end-to-end encryption

Stop shilling

>she replied twice
I'm happy for you user!

Your mom is a slut and she doesn't care that you don't want her getting plowed by that asshole.

Facetime

dat autism though

My stepfather often makes me watch my mom feed him the chicken nuggets she made for me

jitsi, phone calls or meet in person.

Riot+ 「matrix」

Whatever they use.
I had to create a facebook account the company I work manage every notice or communication via facebook.
user, your stepfather is toasting your mother's buns.

what horror.
Is this why the private sector pays so much more?

It's worse actually.
The company do all of it's work through facebook, it got a page on facebook and people are actually using it, it's not even verified.
And the company works for the government.
I tried talking the boss into running our own mail server and web site, but he said it's to much a hassle.
My job is just re-installing windows every other week.

>Sup Forums approved
>video chat
Pick one, retard.

Honestly, I don't even know a single person who communicates via phone calls, let alone video chat. Stop being such a fucking pleb.

Sounds like a nightmare. I'd be looking for another job.

Stop it, goy

If they are too lazy/cheap to employ something like G Suite or O365 that costs $5/user/month so they can have more secure business communications the public can't just openly see then they deserve to lose all their customers/contracts/government business etc. I would run for the hills.

(I know that G Suite and Office are botnets, but it's still infinitely more secure then a fucking facebook page.)

>Honestly, I don't even know a single person who communicates via phone calls, let alone video chat.

t.social anxiety-ridden neet

>video chat
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE NORMIE GET OUT

No autist

Tox

tinychat+mumble

I think the fact that texting is so popular, despite the clear advantages of voice calling in most situations, is indicative that people prefer less invasive methods of communication for most situations.

If you can realize this, you can do much better. Start looking for a new job, and make it a point during interviews that you are looking for a company that doesn't half-ass their job. (But word it in a more professional way.)

>tinychat

who cares?

jitsi jus werks otherwise but honestly vidchat is fucking stupid and a waste of time.

You people need mental help if you can't see why somebody normal, healthy and happy would want to video chat with another normal, healthy and happy person.

great, I'm glad you think so

meet.jit.si/

there you go faggot, now fuck off an chat with your "normal, healthy and happy" people faggot.

a dedicated program would be better

Just use Skype like a normal person.

> the Sup Forums approved way to video chat with another human being?
With the program that they are using.

What if they don't have one?

This is the gayest answer ever.

You would know, faggot.

stay mad

>Tox

no

GNU Ring

Using a privacy sweater

obsolete now with VR headsets

I would love to try those.

This with some time you'll learn to always look at it encoded, it's actually easier this way and more accurate to what's being shown.

Posting on Sup Forums