OS's to play LoL on

I'm getting a new desktop and I'm thinking of installing a different OS than the Windows provided. Is there a list of OS's like Ubuntu + flavors, etc. that can run the Linux distribution of League? Or should I have a doubleboot set up with Windows for gaming?

Other urls found in this thread:

ubuntugnome.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Kys League player. You are the cancer of the gaming community.

lol runs only in windows and mac

Learn to play Dota 2. The objectively superior moba. It also runs natively on Linux with better performance than windows I might add.

There is something about lol that is not in dota.
>Accessibility
A normal normie would play lol rather than dota. Dota is tough and punish you very bad.
You literally are irrelevant if you don't do well early game.
Same in lol but late game eveyone gets almost equal gold so you do matter a bit.
If they remove "creep" denial then it would make sense.

I run league on debian unstable. can't get the new client to work yet though.

It occasionally runs on wine but they usually need special patches for adobe air. the gameplay's flawless though if you can get to it.

Sounds like a double boot is the way to go. I'll probably have Windows for gaming and some Ubuntu for everything else.

>Playing videogames past the age of 16

cd ~/wineprefixes/League3/drive_c/Riot\ Games/League\ of\ Legends/ && WINEPREFIX=~/wineprefixes/League3 WINEARCH=win64 wine ~/wineprefixes/League3/drive_c/Riot\ Games/League\ of\ Legends/LeagueClient.exe --no-sandbox

msvcp140 as an override
(and vs2013 or something, I think that adds the override)

League3 is just the name of my prefix

Well, LoL doesn't use adobe air anymore, so perhaps you can run the new client in wine. Riot, too, has joined the "let's just make it in JavaScript" bandwagon.

1. install os x, it's better
2. stop playing LoL, games are bad and MOBAs are worse!

i thought air WAS javascript trash, I haven't played in years but I stopped using windows too, coincidentally.

No, Air has adobe's own trash script. I stopped playing too, once I realized I could be productive doing literally anything else.

>Linux
>Gaming

Pick one.

Nah, we can pick both it just requires a lot of work. More productive and informative work than gaming, honestly.

With HoN and dota3 being better alternatives to LoL, why would you play LoL?

The HoN guys made a SECOND native linux client moba I tried for a while, forget the name. It was very anti-toxic by design and kinda fun but nobody ever played it and then they sold it to the chinese.

Play superior genres like arena FPS and fighting games.

Arena FPS has been dead since UT99. Or maybe when Quakeworld fortress hit, still played UT99 then, too.

You not pesos, act like it, frakken mothermemer

strife
I just love the "i only do serious business, people. gaming is for children" faggotts.
It's not like unix iself was made mostly so 2 people could waste time playing a game(Space Travel).

Its super sad how much their descendants fail in that domain, and instead try to present the whole thing as some super stuffy work OS only, to hide how much it sucks.

Well a lot of wine poking does take effort. WineHQ's way behind the actual development.

100 replies calling out OP for playing video games even though League is a sport.

I play LoL on my linux computer all the time. Easy install with playonlinux plus wine. Did take some dicking around with settings to get it to work right, but after it was installed everything has been automatic. I'm still on old client but new client is really bad anyways. Only issue I have is the store doesn't work, I just get on my Windows PC to spend my hard earned money on cosmetic upgrades

-Amir

ubuntugnome.org/

>literally no micro
>reaction times dont matter
>destructive balance
Kys

TempleOS, obviously.
Youre gonna need an actual miracle to get out of bronze.

tfw no Ahri gf

dickhead