Just got pic related as a replacement for my iPhone 4 I had with Jailbreak

Just got pic related as a replacement for my iPhone 4 I had with Jailbreak

Leaving aside that is 5 years older, the following points still apply to all AyyPhones:

>Can't just copy my mp3/flac to the device directly without the intervention of "muh itunes" cancer
>Can't install non-authorized apps, even with Jailbreak I'm limited to what Cydia wants to give me
>Can't do more than some basic customization of the GUI
>It takes 1 or 2 upgrades of iOS for it to be slow as fucking shit, and even then I'm 3 versions behind the latest (this doesn't happen with Android or PCs with Windows/Linux)

Why do people spend extra money on this closed as a fucking box system again? Is it because of the logo?

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>flac
>mobile device
>sideloading
>ricing

Every single one of these things are things that normies don't do and don't care about.

>muh updates slow it down

But that's wrong. you fucking retard.

Your not going to be doing any of those things on your new shitty phone either

Since I installed iOS7 on that shit the performance dropped to the floor.

And what's even better, most modern apps aren't even compatible anymore.

Yes I will

You're also forgetting about the fact that iOS forces animations for literally everything. So instead of opening an app instantly. It'll do a stupid animation first

Factory reset and do a clean install. Upgrade installs are intended as a stopgap until you can do a proper reload.

Merely incrementing the OS version doesn't slow your system down, but shitty upgrade installs do. Never do upgrade installs on any system you care about.

Again, normies. Most people aren't going to autistically rage that there's a transition when opening things.

>Is it because of the logo?

Yes, 100%

I live in Argentina and Apple devices are relatively new here, at least for the general public since they recently gained some exposition on the television and also thanks to the availability of the internet

Most people who buy them are well established people, usually 30 years old and above. They are pretty ignorant to technology in general, yet, I'm seeing how they get attracted to iPhones and Macbooks more often nowadays.
I'm pretty sure they don't have a logical reason as to why they like them. Apple devices are seen as a luxury item by many. Some buy them just because the novelty. Some buy them because it's not what the rest of the people have.

So I think it's because of the logo.

Your forgetting that it's not just for opening things. Its for literally everything. Opening up tabs has animations. Doing basic tasks requires animations. It's ridiculous

>closed as a fucking box system

That's a feature. No, I'm serious. Sane defaults, a mostly safe app store, and the default platform most apps are written for.

You want the extra control of an Android system, you pay for it with much worse security, fragmentation, worse battery life, and so forth.

You're not losing any time. I also have an iPhone 4 and I had a tweak that removes animations completely installed for a while, but I uninstalled it, because it took the same time except I didn't have a nice animation to look at.

And what's the problem, again? Are you really such a fucking sperg that the sub-second transition between tasks upsets you this much?

>worse security
Fact: you're a retard if you get a virus on your phone
>worse battery life
nahh
>fragmentation
Does that mean anything or is that a buzzword?

You are an idiot

Not really. Android isn't really sandboxed all that great - why should I even take the chance?

>worse battery life
Yeahhhh. Last year's flagships pic related. Part of the reason for this is all iOS apps are native C, all Android apps are basically Java.

>fragmentation
It means that an Android app writer has to target a bazillion different combinations of OS version, screen size, and so forth == worse performance, more bugs, and so on.

Meanwhile, the iOS writer can target the latest version of iOS and hit 80-90% of the market within a month of its release. The screen sizes of iOS devices are well known, and there's only a handful of them.

Yeah, whatever, just please explain what fragmentation means in this context

You are literally an idiot if you don't understand that writing software for a heavily-vertically-integrated platform with known variables is much simpler than writing software for a platform where those variables are many and unknown.

Who cares though? I'm not a dev

Because it means you're more likely to have broken software, ya dingus.

i've never met anyone who had an android phone where the battery didn't go from 50% to around 10% or so after sleeping. Iphone goes down 1%, maybe.

How obscure of a program does it have to be to not get fixed in a few days with an update?
Also I've learned from experience that usually another version of the program tends to work if there actually is a bug. If it's an iOS app, you're fucked.

It's a waste of time. When my Android phone does the same thing except without it

Having to use iTunes is the only legitimate complaint here

Good thing I use it for music on my pc anyway

Your time isn't worth much if you're getting a shitty Huawei with 1 gig of RAM in 2017

First 3 are a non-issue for most people, 4th is bullshit. I know tons of people who still have iPhone 5 and it runs pretty good with latest update, a phone from 2012. Android phones from that time are in the trash long ago.

>are well established people
>I'm pretty sure they don't have a logical reason as to why they like them
Do you even realize how idiotic this sounds? The people wouldn't be where they are if they didn't know what they were doing.

Imagine for a second that they want actually to buy a phone/laptop that works and not a toolkit to mess around with. Is it really that crazy of an idea that someone well off isn't looking for a phone that lets him customize GUI so there are waifus everywhere and the ability to run pirated apps?

It wouldn't even be if the Windows version were so messy. The general idea is pretty good, and transferring music over it is way better than moving the shit like you're a fucking caveman.

It is better than an iPhone 4...

And you weren't replying to op, I'm op, I'm not retarded enough to waste more than $200 on a phone (and that's is already a lot), I have more than enough to purchase an iPhone 7, but I'm a sane person, I would rather spend that money in something better.

I just listen to music and fuck around a little when I'm bored out there, trying out fun apps and shit, why the FUCK would I need more than the Huawei i got?

I have a coworker that lost his iPhone 6 recently and will spend ALL his savings to get an iPhone 7, I think that is just sick (and he is a developer)

>Merely incrementing the OS version doesn't slow your system down

Incrementing the OS version isn't changing a variable, each new version has more features (most useless) that make the system more bloated

I NEVER do upgrades, I only upgraded the OS to 7.x and it is slow as shit

I work with programmers (web devs) in the range of 20-40 and most are Mac/Iphone fags, only me and another guy who is 30 years older than me use Linux and Android (well, I use Android since today)

They just think that is better for production and they every day but don't have an actual argument, I think you have to be a retard to have a problem using an Android phone just because you are "a normie", you can do the same than on an iPhone with the same performance, for half or less the price, and IF you want it, you can do more stuff with it.

It has to be because of the logo.

You are the kind of person who likes the idea of Windows 10 forcing the store aren't you? That is just sad. But I agree that most people are idiots that might need this dumb proof stuff, I just don't understand why tech savvy people do.

>worse security
People that get infected with Android devices are the same kind of people that get infected with Windows, they probably use Internet Explorer with 74 toolbars and install shit from Softonic.

>worse battery life

Literal meme, that isn't Android's fault, just don't get a shitty phone.

> ALL his savings to get an iPhone 7, I think that is just sick (and he is a developer)
Kek, what is this, India? If he's developer in a first world country, buying a phone every month will barely have any impact.

> is better for production and they every day but don't have an actual argument,
Or maybe you simply fail to see it?

>to have a problem using an Android phone
The biggest problem using Android phone is Android. It crashes, it lags, it's less secure than Somalia and it's usually over-bloated with shit unless you buy one of the few phones with stock. (And no, an employed person with a life outside of that shit got better things to do than flashing their fucking phone)

>with the same performance
Not telling shitty lies wouldn't hurt your argument. Whether benchmarks, real life tests or simply stats of the hardware, if the phones are from a similar gen, iPhones tend to be way faster. Does Galaxy S8 even have NVM storage this time?

You are making assumptions. I said that they don't know why the are buying them. They don't know beforehand that "it just werks xd" and even then, that is debatable.
Any android phone you buy today just works, even the cheapest ones. So your reasoning is invalid.

>they are well established so they know what they are doing.
If I where to expand on that thought, it would be like saying that there are not rich stupid people.

Name one Android phone that has better battery life than an iPhone 6/+.

> I said that they don't know why the are buying them.
Which is quite a strong assumption from you.

>Any android phone you buy today just works, even the cheapest ones.
But they don't. Even the flagships don't due the crazy amount of bloatware, you're just too used to the cancer to notice it.

> that there are not rich stupid people.
Usually not when it comes to money otherwise they wouldn't be rich for long. Shit like phones and laptops are often related to it, since having your shit sperg out at the wrong moment is pretty bad for running a business.

Nigga what? 6 had a pretty shitty battery life and even 6s had it as a big weakness.

>axes not labelled

>Kek, what is this, India? If he's developer in a first world country, buying a phone every month will barely have any impact.

It is not India, but it is a third world country where if you are not a fucking retard being a developer with a couple of years of experience you can live decently, no, you can't buy an iPhone every month.

>Or maybe you simply fail to see it?

As I said, they lack an argument.

I used a mac at work and meanwhile there are more automatic things, I fail to see how this would help anyone but a normie who doesn't know anything about tech, with Linux I can do the same and more.

With Android vs iOS is the exact same.

>The biggest problem using Android phone is Android. It crashes, it lags, it's less secure than Somalia and it's usually over-bloated with shit unless

You are like the people that says that Windows crashes, it does if you are an idiot or got a shitty computer with poor performance, I haven't had crashes since Windows XP, and I never did with my Android tablet.

Also, this board is for tech enthusiasts, if you are such a normalfag that only uses a Mac /iPhone for work/socializing so much, why the fuck are you here? Get out.

I have a job and time to do fun stuff related to tech, as all people should.

>Not telling shitty lies wouldn't hurt your argument

No lies, the iPhone only has pure performance until the updates start coming up (updates required to install new apps), so it slows down and costed a fucking eye, why would spend $800 fucking dollars on a phone that will get replaced in 2 years and be obsolete in 4?

A decent Android phone works perfectly well, but you like to compare the iPhone with the lowest tier garbage on the other side to feel better.

Just like with a computer, if I spend money on a high-end model, I expect it to last a decade, at least (like Core 2 did, or Sandy Bridge)

Remember, the Falklands are rightful British clay you fucking cunt.

That's a conspicuous lack of android phones you mentioned there.

Again, you retard, the phone runs just fine after a factory reset. System upgrades on any system are a pain.

Unless you are travelling all the time I'm sorry if I would not spend 400 more fucking dollars just to have 50 hours of music.

Also my iPhone's 4 batter never lasts more than 2 days, if I do nothing with it.

>Again, you retard, the phone runs just fine after a factory reset. System upgrades on any system are a pain.

Not it doesn't, I have done that already.

Whatsapp takes its sweet time to load with iOS 7.1 on ayyphone4 with jailbreak

>As I said, they lack an argument.
Nah, it's more.
>I fail to see how this would help
and then going from "I don't see the benefit" to "there is none".

>it does if you are an idiot or got a shitty computer with poor performance
Yeah, because most crashes are performance related and not due shitty software. I use pretty much every relevant mobile/desktop OS and only had crashes on Windows (7 and 10) while the same shitty computer with poor performance never had any issues with Ubuntu or Mint. Weird.
Never had system crashes on Lagdroid outside of Galaxy S2 times but apps (even stock ones) are unstable as fuck even on newer ones (Xperia Z3C, S7) compared to iOS.

>I have a job and time to do fun stuff related to tech, as all people should.
>all people should enjoy the same things I enjoy
Great logic.

>so it slows down
Factory reset.

>A decent Android phone works perfectly well
Unless you actually do something with it. Also I am actually comparing poorfag iPhone SE with Android flagships that tend to cost twice as much and still lag.

>Just like with a computer, if I spend money on a high-end model, I expect it to last a decade
And just like with computer it's unrealistic expectation. CPUs are an extreme scenario due the lack of competition, take every other piece of hardware and you'll see how silly the expectation is.

>Whatsapp takes its sweet time to load with iOS 7.1 on ayyphone4 with jailbreak
>something runs like shit on my ancient phone that I messed with
Who could see this coming?

2 days is a fucking eternity in smartphone land. Most android phones can't even last a full day with mild use, and they have *larger* batteries by mAH.

>hacks the shit out of his phone and wonders why it runs poorly

Basically every Android flagship from the same or newer generation lasts longer than 6/6s and many older ones did too. Applels battery life never was that good before the plus ones, only after SE they started to noticeably overcome Android phones.

Still waiting for you to provide a source other than your ass.

gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3

Focusing on browsing since other stats are basically irrelevant for normal use.