2017 tablets??

haven't seen a tablet thread on here in ages, are we done with tablets, im trying to decide what if any are worth my 350 usd budget?

also
>windows or android?

windows

Android tablets are a meme

Android for sub 10 inches
Windows for anything higher

Also what kind of user will you be? What would you use it for? Standards for specifications?

it be perfect with another gig of ram and screen size

a bit of everything, web browsing, e book and comic reader, light gaming, media playback and some light editing.

I'd suggest Android then. Get something comfy like 7-8 inches, 1 GB RAM, 1.5+ GHz processor, SD card compatible

>tablets
Why

My Nexus 7 is still going strong, but when it does bite the dust, what's the closest non-chinkshit thing to it?

i was hoping to replace with something faster than my ancient transformer prime tf210 with a tegra 3 and 1g ram

My lovely mother needs a tablet only to read books.

I was thinking on getting her an Amazon Fire with a custom rom.

What do you recommend?

Apple's new 9.7" iPad released last week starts at $329 for 32GB and add and extra $100 for 128GB.

Pretty good for tablets, if not, go with Windows, just avoid Android for tablets.

teblets are a 2016 meme
get on with the times already.

Do they make phablets anymore?

Might as well get the shield tablet or galaxy Tab 3

Vanilla Amazon Fire is fine for reading especially if it's for a mom. Check XDA for rooting it. Iirc it's not available with current OS version

Yes. Plenty of new phones that are released as 6"+

Get her Amazon Kindle Paperwhite if she is a big time reader she will love it

It's pretty much an universal agreement that Apple won the tablet battle, the iPad is the only decent tablet since 2014.

> Newest iPad
> A9 chip
> Retina Display
> 10 hours of battery life
> $329

Windows and iOS are the only real options. Google and all OEMs basically gave up on the tablet market.

iPads for your general braindead content consumption and Windows if you want just a little bit more when you need it.

That iPad that just came out doesn't support all the Pro accessories such as that keyboard cover and the pencil.

Plus the display isn't as good as the Air 2 and it's not as light and slim, still, pretty good deal.

I'm wondering this too. Mine's starting to feel really slow. Stock Android sure does feel nice.

and a dead meme at that
apps don't even exist anymore

Tablets are useless

get the new ipad nigga it's 329

newfag is new. literally there was a thread on the Shield Tablet K1 yesterday

> keyboard
plenty of third party bluetooth alternatives already
> pencil
0,0001% of people will need that
> display isn't as good as air 2
The resolution is the same, the only difference is the air gap and anti reflective coating
> not as light and slim
barely noticeable, it's literally 6.7mm vs 7.5mm
> pretty good deal
fucking yes.

And an attached bracket for a fire extinguisher.

Pixel C owner reporting in. Tegra devices are 3stronk5u.

Autism

I like my Android tablet. It has an 8" screen and a micro SD slot. It's comfy for watching animu or asmr videos in bed. It would be nice to upgrade to a faster tablet because when I play Youtube videos in the background, the YT app force closes when I'm browsing a large webpage in Chrome. I assume it's a ram issue or something.

Down Syndrome

Keep bumping the thread newfag.

I didn't bump the thread, shit for brains.

can the tegra run csgo at 144fps?

I'm rocking a Nexus 9 and I love it. It's running Cyanogenmod and has pico OpenGApps.
My only real problems with it are
>no sdcard
>top of display gets pretty hot under load

Is there another not shit tablet around the same size?

thanks mah dudes

Surface 3

>books
Get her a Kobo

Get her a vibrator. She'll get way more enjoyment out of it than a tablet. She'll think of you when she uses either one so why not let her fantasize about your cock.

with that kind of money i can buy a i5 yoga book that can do light gaming and everything else

Only 10 hours?

Any good 7 inch tabs with phone capability?

When was it updated again?

Chromebook with touch screen is so much better

wjat tablet

Surface Pro 3

lucky

Luck has nothing to do with it, poorfag

Asshole

Fuck both of you.

I got a refurbished Nexus 9 from HK for less than a $100 and I love it. I use it for shit posting, reading, some studying, watching videos and some emulated gaming like NES and PSX. I have a huge library of ePubs and the screen size is perfect. Texting is difficult, but once I grab a hold of it, I don't even touch my phone.

Talk 9x