Where to still get XP?

I have a number of older programs that don't work on anything newer than XP, and I would like to have a fresh install on and old XP era machine. But I can't find a legit, non system restore disk anywhere? Am I just out of options? Sorry if this had been done to death, I usually stay on other boards.

Other urls found in this thread:

winehq.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You can burn installer from the net, sounds like you have activasion key. Also craiglists

1. go to le pirate bay
2. search for "windows xp msdn"

I saw a few good choices there. Or just grab POS ready 2009.

I have the key on the bottom of the machine, would that only work for OEM?
How likely am I to get shit from the cyber poice about that? Also, sorry to be that guy, but POS ready 2009?

just install gentoo and run it trough wine

Thanks for the info, I'll check all of those out.

You really think anyone would care about downloading XP?

>he doesn't have Win XP disc

Almost nobody had the real ones, everyone just got the recovery disk

>How likely am I to get shit from the cyber poice about that?

Every copy of Windows XP I saw in Vietnam was pirated for sure.

You think the cyber police got any of them?

Maybe he lives in burgerland?

You can ask your local grammar school or middle school. Got an XP desktop for 20$ including screen and cables for my CNC there.

Came with a fresh install from what I saw, so they should have a disc.

That's a good point, I'll consider that as well.

dude get DevilZ0WN edition it rocks

A/6
V/10

search your program in winehq.org/ if u will found it and it will work install GNU/Linux (eg Ubuntu, suse) and use wine.

>have a proper retail XP disc
>home edition
>bought for over $200 just before XP support ended
>wanted to be sure to not be blocked out from service packs and shit
>use it for a couple installs
>go back to bootleg iso anyway
>money well spent

>have a retail copy of windows XP, pre-sp1 that I used as a young lad in 2002
>need to run windows XP in a VM to use a scanner with specialized software last week
>don't even have the activation server online, 30-day timeout
>hard drive I was dual-booting Win7 and XP from for the last 8 years has a BSOD whenever I boot from the XP partition using the new hardware I built up in February

ironically this scanner only works properly in virtualbox on a Mac host. something about the USB interface with W10 as the host OS causes issues. guess I need to regedit or some other nonsense to make the 30-day timer go away but I'll save that for if I don't solve this in a few days.

pretty surprising W10 doesn't have a XP compatibility mode for legacy apps DESU. did they not anticipate people needing to use old hardware?

Find a VL copy. There are heaps of google drive msdn links.

POS 2009 is just Windows XP with the choice of removing certain software during the install and support until 2019, it's available to download on Microsofts website.

> POS support till 2019
So what will happen afterwards because there is ALOT of POS that run win XP and will probably do so after 2019. Will MS go on some huge upgrade binge?

Might upgrade to Windows POS 7 that has support until 2021, stay on POS 2009 or get Windows 10 LTSB since it seems like the 'least bloated' variant with longest support.