/pcbg/ - PC Building General-- Chinese AI Edition

/pcbg/ - PC Building General-- Chinese AI Edition

Post your component list, rate other anons', ask questions in general.

State the purpose of your PC, your budget, AND YOUR COUNTRY if outside the USA.
If you are asking for improvements, clarify whether you want to lower price, or improve specs or build quality.
List games or software you use if applicable and if you mostly stick to those.
Use common sense and put some effort into your queries.
GOOGLE IT FIRST

>Assemble your parts list with price comparisons by vendor and compatibility filter.
pcpartpicker.com

>General build advice including chipset compatibility, power supply advice (which is pretty outdated/shit), Windows activation information.
pastebin.com/F9diF2hA

>Semi-outdated information about how to assemble a PC, how to select components, etc.
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Build_a_PC

>G4560 remains the best if your budget is only around $500.
>The Ryzen 1700 is the only available Ryzen chip worth purchasing for any reason.
>If you're building a PC with an i5, wait for Ryzen 5 to compare. Intel will probably edge Ryzen out in gaming.
>i3 are no longer worth getting.
>Locked i5s are a much better value than unlocked i5s and perform similarly, especially in games.
>Consider only getting an SSD for what you planned to spend on an SSD+HDD. Add a HDD later once needed.
>The only worthwhile gfx cards are the (1050ti outside of US), RX470 4GB, RX480 4/8GB, (1060 outside of USA), 1070, 1080, 1080Ti.
>The cheapest way to build a PC is buying one part at a time as you see flash sales, not buying all parts at once. An entire build worth of good components will rarely be on sale all on the same day.
>Don't feel bound to one specific brand/model of a component. Parametric filters on pcpartpicker can help with this, if your monkey brain can figure out how to use them.

If you see any other build advice or part list threads, direct them here with and report.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/ZV3T3F
geizhals.eu/enermax-naxn-basic-450w-atx-2-3-enp450agt-a1518724.html
pcx.hu/tapegyseg_minosegi
pcx.hu/corsair-350w-vs350-cp-9020052-eu-tapegyseg-116712
pcpartpicker.com/product/MwW9TW/western-digital-internal-hard-drive-wd10ezex
pcpartpicker.com/product/n28H99/seagate-firecuda-1tb-35-7200rpm-hybrid-internal-hard-drive-st1000dx002
logicalincrements.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So toms hardware says it's not worth it to upgrade only 2 tiers, should be at least 3.

Does that mean going from a 670 to a 480 is stupid?

>670 to a 480 is stupid?
no

pcpartpicker.com/list/ZV3T3F
Console emulation build for $700. Heard the 7350k was the one exception to the "i3s are no longer worth it" purely for console emulation.

Willing to spend money on better components by leaving out the RX470 to purchase later. Main concern with a cooler to handle keeping the CPU at safe temps overclocked and a case with good enough airflow.

no
read the OP. whoever was giving that advice is lobotomized. that build is garbage.

Posting this again since I posted it at the end of the last thread:

Looking to build a new PC and I need help. Should I get a Ryzen 5 1500X or an i5-7500? Both will be running with 16GB of 2400mhz RAM and a GTX 1060 6GB.

That shit is dated. Why the fuck are you looking at that?
All of those prices are wrong.

You can get an R9 Fury for $235 on Amazon right now.

>Does that mean going from a 670 to a 480 is stupid?
No. What the fuck. A 480 is over twice as good if not more.

Good build for emulators and dwarf fortress, yes.

>should i get an unreleased component
LOL

7500 will 75% outclass the ryzen 5s

came with my mobo, any1?

All i5 are garbage. Should not be bought under any circumstances.

A 1500X or locked i7 are both options.

You could probably overclock the ram if it's currently 2400mhz @ 1.2v.

>7500 will 75% outclass the ryzen 5s
holy shit. you really are a shill faggot. no wonder.

Would a 7500 with a B250M be better? I want to come up with a not-garbage build.

Looks good. You could definitely get away with a cheaper gpu or just see how well the iGPU handles your emulation and then add a card in later. The gpu is really only stressed by anti-aliasing when emulating, which is nice but maybe not worth $150. That psu is also nice but a 430w would probably suffice.

it's not lol, do you really think you're smart for parroting something you've heard? congrats, you have the cognitive function of a hydranencephalous infant

>All i5 are garbage. Should not be bought under any circumstances.

citation needed

>You could probably overclock the ram if it's currently 2400mhz @ 1.2v.

LOL

Who do I pity more, the idiots who've owned 2 or so computers total but dispense misinformation like they're big into the scene, or the idiots who gobble the advice up like a 10 year old?

leagues better, but a G4560 would work more than sufficiently

it doesn't look good lmfao

>b8 xDDDD

i3 and i5 are useless atm, eigther go pentium or go ryzen

The dude is a shill faggot. Don't listen to him. His dad works at Intel is all.

The 1500X is unquestionably better than the 7600k, let alone the locked 7500.

It's only a bit worse than the locked 7700 for much cheaper and with a better upgrade path, but the locked 7700 is much better than even a highly overclocked 7600k.

>i5 are useless atm

read the OP. do some actual research. where does ignorance end and idiocy begin?

>literally citing faked benchmarks on unreleased cpus on a ridiculous cherry-picked selection of games

shilling must be hard for you huh

again, big claims for someone who owns 1 computer.

I have a 480 and it's great
a GTX 480 to be precise

if ryzen 7 is any indication the r5 1400 should be as good as the 1500x if you want to OC

>but the locked 7700 is much better than even a highly overclocked 7600k.
For games? Are you high?

Must be nice not needing a heater in the winter.

>fake benchmarks
L M A O.

It's the same CPU with 2 cores disabled just like you can do in the BIOS.

People have gotten 1400s earlier. They only clock to 3.8 on the stock cooler, it looks like.

1500X looks like it's going to have double the L3 cache, and should clock to 3.9-4.0.

The 1400 overclocked is still, on average, so much better than a 7500 though, if that's your baseline and you want to save money.

Yes, for games. It's on average a 30-35% minimum framerate improvement.
A 4.8Ghz overclock on a 7600k is only about a 20% FPS improvement.

no he's a lying shill.

too bad ryzen 7 isn't an indication and your advice is just baseless conjecture.

holy shit people are ridiculous

> It's the same CPU with 2 cores disabled just like you can do in the BIOS.

LOL THIS GUY

>Yes, for games. It's on average a 30-35% minimum framerate improvement.
A 4.8Ghz overclock on a 7600k is only about a 20% FPS improvement.

LOL

>he 1400 overclocked is still, on average, so much better than a 7500 though, if that's your baseline and you want to save money.

LOL

again, people, anyone can post on the internet, even if you don't know what you're talking about.

Thanks and yes I was thinking the same thing with holding off on the GPU for later if I wanted to increase the anti aliasing or internal resolution later on.

Would a liquid cooler be worth it if I wanted to really push the CPU? I want to run stuff like Shadow of the Colossus at full speed.

no a liquid cooler would not be worth it at all lmao. You're just doing emulation for pete's sake. don't get an i3.

kek
i pity you

>he thinks 4.8 is more than 20% higher than 4.0

L M A O

this fucking israeli lives in fantasy land. That's the only way to justify the bullshit he says.

Liquid coolers are imo only worth it, if you have a 110+W chip, or you want a balls-> walls OC (which most modern CPUs don't do anylonger)

you obviously don't know how computers work, just parrot things you hear. it's your money, so do what you like. and if people fall for your ignorance that's their prerogative. feels bad to be a brainlet huh

>it's not lol, do you really think you're smart for parroting something you've heard? congrats, you have the cognitive function of a hydranencephalous infant
It's well known that the i3-7350k is the best single core performance for the price which makes it best for emulators unless they use a certain instruction set that can only be found on another CPU.

An older unlocked dual core would do fine too though, sure.

Are you sure you're not the stupid one? There seems to be a lot of people in this thread pointing out how stupid you are.

agreed, i would only do liquid on an i7, ryzen 7, or certain xeons

THIS

I currently have a bootleg copy of Windows 8.1
Is it worth upgrading to the free version of Windows 10?

What about the memes?
Housefires and no drivers?

>It's well known that the i3-7350k is the best single core performance for the price
>well known
we're laughing at you over on my side of things. holy fuck Sup Forums newfags never fail to surprise.

>There seems to be a lot of people in this thread pointing out how stupid you are.
argumentum ad populum (google it)

kekekek

(You)

get an rx 480 you wont be disappointed. or 1060 if price is comparable in your country

just get the full version of w10

if you want ms botnet sure

So windows 10 pro?

What is the best budget cpu cooler now?

New thread since sagay keeps being a huge faggot that never helps anyone and just shills.

hyper212 like it has been forever

Dear /pcbg/.

I dont know if this is right place to ask but lately, when trying to find out how to deal with rather high temperatures of my RX480 from Sapphire, I noticed that it applies voltages higher than most people report for their cards - today, max one was ~1.22V.

Is that normal?

again, you have random shills telling you random stuff. The Cryorig H7 and Arctic Freezer i32 are the two best overall, they trade off in certain areas.

sapphire tends to have this problem, either undervolt and deal with it or go for an RMA if it's that bad. temps below 85c are fine though.

what driver version are you on?

Wont undervolting be dangerous?

Everyone move to other PCBG.

if you don't know how to do it yeah

no, it will actually make you gpu last longer

Need to choose between 2 cases, pls help:
> Deepcool TESSERACT SW
vs
> Aerocool V3X Advance Black

They cost about the same here, it will be for a budget G4560+RX470 build

i own a tesseract sw, i've worked with a v3x, pick whichever one you prefer aesthetically. they're similar.

gpu lifespan isn't really a part of the equation any more

Ok in that version you should still be fine undervolting. In 17.xx.x Amd started lowering ilde voltages, which means you can no longer undervolt using MSI Afterburner ect. (i.e. a fixed using an offset) because you will start getting crashes when opening GPU accelerated programs (like you web browser), even though you undervolt is stable in games (under load).

i menat Graphics card not gpu
fans are still dying every now and then

fair enough yeah. I mean, undervolting and fan control both help with keeping those things functional for a long time.

which aftermarket 1080ti looks best, pls help

busget is unlimited, but i want one with good cooling

>games randomly black screening with buzzing through the speakers
>PSU replaced, did nothing
>no visual artifacts of any kind before the crash
>temps all normal
>PC rock solid stable for everything other than 3D games

It's probably the graphics card, despite the lack of any symptoms but it's annoying as hell

Ryzen 5s are probably the best Bang:buck CPUs. There's no chance of any good value midrange GPUs coming out in the next month or so is there?

looks best? whatever the fuck you want lol. if you mean like best overall, probably the cheapest EVGA one. or MSI if you're into that lmao

did you try installing and reinstalling drivers?

the best value CPU ever created is the Pentium G4560. next month or so has the RX 500 series, and vega later in Q2. As for Ryzen 5s, they're gonna compete but they're massively overshilled. we've had tons of newfags shilling them for a while now.

Mac Book Pro or Surface Pro?

for what? i'd love to say neither but

> There's no chance of any good value midrange GPUs coming out in the next month or so is there?
rx 500 will be out next month but it is just a rx400 rebrand/refresh. This however should at least make 470/480 prices go down.

Did you pair it with a stock semen Skylake?

Fractal Design Define S Windowless or Phanteks Enthoo P400S w/ Window?

Both are around the same price but the Define S has a more simplistic design.

Is displayport better than HDMI?

whichever one you'll enjoy looking at more. they perform the same, it's a case.

little chance of that. they're already scraping the bottom in terms of workable profit margins.

hdmi 2.0 is good but the rest isn't. i'd still go displayport

yes, because its not proprietary

i guess retailers will still try to get rid of their stock

Digital media creation. I need a touch-screen and portability so I can work on a beach or a mountainside depending on where my work takes me.

we'll see. don't get your hopes up lol

>Can't tell performance of an unreleased component
>Predicts performance of an unreleased component

touchscreen? go surface

75% will be better overall. 25% will be worse overall. English must not be your first language, or you're a mongoloid

OK guys, ready to hit the order button, please stop me if I'm doing it wrong:

>MSI B250M BAZOOKA
>Intel G4560
>Gigabyte RX470 4GB GAMING-4GD
>Chieftech 550W GPS-550A8 PSU
>2x4GB Kingston HyperX Fury
>1TB WD Blue 7200 RPM
>Aerocool V3X Black case

Total: 550 USD with taxes (europoor prices)

The NH-D15 SE AM4 only comes with mounting hardware for the AM4 socket, can I mount it with the intel hardware of my old NH-C12P SE14?

>PSU

sketchy. rest looks good.

do you have cheapest b250 mobo? cheapest 2x4 ram? cheapest rx 470? etc.

Give me a site to look at and I'll pick you out a better PSU if there's one available.

Nice b8 m8

take a look at this psu
geizhals.eu/enermax-naxn-basic-450w-atx-2-3-enp450agt-a1518724.html
also 1x8 might be cheaper than 2x4 gb ram

I may be a mongoloid, but at least I'm not a fucking shill

>I may be a mongoloid
kek

that one is only marginally better afaik

Most likely

Picked the 2nd-3rd cheapest of everything. The 2x4gb costs the same as a 1x8gb right now.
Unfortunately this price range of PSU is dominated by rebrands in my country, so my options are limited.
Another PSU option might be a Thermaltake 500W TR2 S ?

Here is a site if you are willing to browse some hungarian:
pcx.hu/tapegyseg_minosegi

I cant fucking decide between the rx 480 and the gtx 1060

Help

> dominated by rebrands
> Thermaltake
kek

id rather get that 350Wcorsair unit
pcx.hu/corsair-350w-vs350-cp-9020052-eu-tapegyseg-116712
it should be enougth for a pentium and rx470

cheaper

Does the 4gb vs 6gb matter on 1080p?

no

no
at least if you dont mod the shit out of you games.
the only game that caps out my 4gb of vram on my 290 is skyrim with around 130 mods installed.

ok, I'm getting a Corsair then
sticking to a 550W VS550 in case I decide to upgrade the cpu in a few years, its not that more expensive anyway

Looking for some advise, im planning on upgrading my HDD. I was originally going to get
pcpartpicker.com/product/MwW9TW/western-digital-internal-hard-drive-wd10ezex
but then came across
pcpartpicker.com/product/n28H99/seagate-firecuda-1tb-35-7200rpm-hybrid-internal-hard-drive-st1000dx002
I already have a 480g SSD. Im sure i'll be fine with 1TB, i just want fast storage under $100. So would the SSHD be worth the extra? What should i get?

>tomshardware
never ever

Need an around 550$ build that will outperform the ps4 and xbox, will be helpful if it includes windows 7, 8.1 or 10 (whatever is the most cheap).

Can anyone vouch for an All in One kit? I understand that it's not much of an improvement over a high end fan, like the DH-15 or the Cryorig Ultimate.

I want to put together a build purely for BOINC distributed projects. Something that will run at 100% 24/7 and wont be used for anything else.

Primarily asteroids@home and SETI@home, but occasionally other projects when work units aren't available.

With a ~$600-800 budget, what's the best way to maximize my FLOPS?

AiO are a product for people that know about the advantages of water cooling but are too cheap, stupid, or lazy to set up a proper loop themselves.

There might be some specific applications where they are an ideal choice, but in almost every circumstance you'd be better served by either a top-notch air cooler, or by building a proper water cooling loop.

g4560+rx470+hdd+cheap case+cheap psu+cheapest b250 mobo

>but in almost every circumstance you'd be better served by either a top-notch air cooler, or by building a proper water cooling loop
AIOs are better for 24/7/365 systems, since you don't have to do fluid replacement/maintenance for at least two years of operation

>Fluid replacement.

It takes like 10-15 minutes tops to drain a loop and re-fill it with fresh coolant, at least if you put it together right.

You only need to do it once or twice a year if you're using good components and coolant. If you're using cheap ass tubing and pure distilled with no anti corrosives or anything, maybe 3-4 times a year. Also depends on what kind of load the system is under.

Lazyness isn't an excuse.

Should I get Ryzen 5 1400 or 1500 when they come out? Looking for a i5-7500 equivalent.

>Lazyness isn't an excuse.
Downtime isn't an excuse either if you're running a render farm

Is there any reason why I shouldn't go ahead and build the "excellent" Tier in Canada right now for logical increments?
logicalincrements.com/