King of the hill from an Australian persective

Here in Australia bogans often work shitty jobs and say it's their passion.

"I am passionate about childcare, baby sitting disabled people or hairdressing"

Despite it being a shitty job they love to say they have a passion for their work...

Hanks love of propane and his job as a crappy assistant manager seems to be a joke about this same attitude.

I don't think that Red necks and bogans are too unlike each other...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F-glHAzXi_M
youtu.be/45JP45Z4lyQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-akSUNuzbDM
youtube.com/watch?v=zKCmyGg3vnM
youtu.be/YBA53BCh8XM?t=1m53s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Always kinda thought Bogans are like 60% redneck and 40% chav

More like 80 percent red neck.

Nah, Hank really does love propane. Its a representation of American autism.

>childcare, baby sitting disabled people or hairdressing

That's all new age bullshit

Hank is salt of the Earth, real murrican hard worker. He picks a trade and he masters it.

>Seems to be a joke
This is the best part about Koth
It's both sort of joke and not really a joke
Hank DOES take his job seriously and as a viewer you kind of end up taking it seriously as well

I love Koth because of shit like this
It should be required viewing for prospective citizens of America

>I don't think that Red necks and bogans are too unlike each other...
desu despite the some America/Texas specific stuff its pretty universal if you're white and Anglo

king of the hill is unironically the best depiction of life here in a small town in media

they arent

this exactly
you get pissed too when Mega-lo-mart starts selling propane and dumb teens don't know what they're doing

then again its also funny to hear him go on about propane or when other other characters make fun of it.

overall its a fantastic character driven comedy6

He has a shitty Job selling propane and is only assistant manager after working their for 20 years.

People have went to the barber for hundreds of years, so it's hardly a new age thing...

Vhat Ahr yew talkin about?

No. Hank genuinely loves propane. It is not that unreasonable, considering there are some people who are obsessed with a piece of metal with four wheels that can move people.

Hank isn't a redneck;he's a Texan.

this
Lucky is a redneck

>It is not that unreasonable
>the episode where he discovers talking about grills turns him on

Same thing.

Also his last name is literally short for hill billy.

not really

You are correct. Everyone who is not in the Northeast is just a redneck in denial.

Aren't bogans supposed to be irresponsible and antisocial (sporadically employed, too much drinking/drugs, promiscuous with many unplanned pregnancies)? That's similar to a redneck, but Hank is almost exactly the opposite of that, a model citizen in almost all regards. He's a boob but he's not scum.

>Hanks love of propane and his job as a crappy assistant manager seems to be a joke about this same attitude.

clearly don't have a fucking clue about the working class

read a book, sheltered little boy

He is the typical I drive a murican made truck and drink murican made bear redneck with pictures of Texas all over his house, even a texas shaped clock.He often solves his problems with violence which he calls "I'll kick your arse"In school he cared more about football than his grades..

There are different degrees of bogan..

There is the welfare scum bogan, there is the kind of bogan who is an anti intellectual dumb arse who works as a construction labourer or something...

The biggest difference is the one with the crappy job likes to talk about paying taxes and being a good citizen where the welfare bogan doesn't give a fuck..

Both are similar people though in terms of attitude.

>The biggest difference is the one with the crappy job likes to talk about paying taxes and being a good citizen where the welfare bogan doesn't give a fuck..

youre confusing bogan with working class

Offended bogan detected...

>B-b-but muh girlfriend truely is passionate about hair dressing.

Cool mine is a university teacher at UQ St Lucia.

I knew Australians are retarded, but this is next level bogan

Not really, many working class people are bogans...

You are obviously from a lower middle class family.

I hope a Chinese investor prices you out of where you live

we're all very impressed that you have delusions of grandeur about being middle class lad lmfao

>check out these fricken peasants earning slightly less then me lmfao

probably the same spaz who takes pride in wearing Ralph Lauren as if it's some exclusive brand lmfao

seem a lil self-concious m8, for somebody whose girlfriend is a "university teacher" (lecturer?) you sure know dick all about australian socio-economic climate

petty little runt

that's not what a Redneck is you urban bitchboy

>Not really, many working class people are bogans...

I never said other, but the stereotypical bogan is the aforementioned - not anyone who hasn't attended uni

>You are obviously from a lower middle class family.
In some sense, though if you'd like we can meet and compare why I'm probably alot better circumstantially than you are. Say, Queen Street?

Its like this

>Lower class families = welfare scum

>Lower middle class = shitty jobs such as truck drivers. (Often these kinds of people get divorced) Their kids are often at risk of becoming lower class when they grow up due to shitty up bringing.

>middle class = kind of like lower middle class people but often have trades or university degrees.. a bit less likely to get divorced and have fucked kids.. Particular the ones who went to university.

>Upper class, families that value education. Parents often work as Doctors, live in nice suburbs with nicely mowed lawns and have children that get good grades in school.
If you fucked up your life and fall into the above categories you should at least push your kids to end up here.

moderate bait

Nope, I am from a centerlink welfare family and trying to not be a bogan of any kind...

No doubt your circumstances are better.

This is really reaching. KOTH is about Texas, trying to compare it to somewhere is Australia is just silly, quite frankly.

So you obviously have a chip on your shoulder..

Either way, you still dont have a clue what you're talking about. You type as though you're about 17 or so, for which your naievity could almost be forgiven.

Bite your tounge and do some reading before you vomit such trite about classes and earnings, if you had said any of things you said before you'd (rightfully) have your face punched in.

>No doubt your circumstances are better.

Much better actually, but I don't take petty pride in being better than some braindead 17 year old who dates a university "teacher"? I'm much better than that

You obviously have never seen ute driving bogans..

"Real Australians drive utes"

"Fuck off were full"

and other such stuff plastered all over it..

These cars are commonly seen in Central Queensland and other rural shit holes..

Very similar to rednecks and their "trucks".

You both sound like assholes. Are non-Americans always so unfriendly?

I'm 26.

Stop being so offended just because you realise you are a bogan.

I'm a bogan with a bogan upbring but I am trying hard not to be.

>Bogan threats of violence... You wouldn't see Doctors, lawyers or university proffesors doing this.

Sorry, my family is bogan and I try avoid bogans at all costs.

What's a Canadian redneck called?

youtube.com/watch?v=F-glHAzXi_M

Hank is the kind of guy that if you said you were going to give him blowjobs he would get ready to fist fight. He must have been based on a much older person or combination of older people from Mike Judge's life. You don't see very many people like Hank anymore. Everyone else I could imagine in modern day blue collar suburbia.

I didnt think I would watch the full video. The fuck Canada?

Pretty sure he is meant as a joke about conservative christian america to some extent.

Not really. You must not have met very many Australians.

I grew up in a town city ipswich and many people there are a lot like hank.

>Stop being so offended just because you realise you are a bogan.

Your definition of bogan is askew and if you had the slightest of understanding of working class history and culture you'd understand why you're so blunderingly fucking wrong.

Classing yourself as a bogan doesn't allow you to class who you want and what you want to be a bogan.

For a 26 year old you're fucking retarded.

Yes and doctors as your superiors wouldn't rightfully get angry when some naieve prick classes you as if he holds some position of knowing or authority.

I've been through your stage, blaming my enviroment and genetics etc for my circumstances. But at 26 to say such hogwash is almost sad.

sort of
also a joke about Hank himself

my dad is pretty similar to Hank
and I'm basically Bobby

That was a poetic post. It made me consider the cultural changes that have been occurring in the United States over the past 150 years. 10/10.

>uncalled for
youtu.be/45JP45Z4lyQ

lower class jobs with low pay and zero skill... perfect "working class" jobs for bogans.

Yes, this is a bogan.

Vulgar, badly spoken other such traits that are synonymous with the lower rungs the world over.

But to class workers, people who work full time, as petty bogans for taking pride in their work is downright insulting and blunderingly wrong.

OP doesn't have a fucking clue yet considers himself some voice of authority, having grown up in some shit childhood.

>lower class jobs with low pay and zero skill... perfect "working class" jobs for bogans.

ah yes what an insightful and profound analysis of socio-economics and the job market

you are literally fucking stonewall retarded

>whinge

Is that "ciggy butt brain" animation an accurate depiction of bogan life?

Here is an accurate depiction of American redneck life:

youtube.com/watch?v=-akSUNuzbDM

>taking a week off school to get a pig out from under your mom's trailer using a truck and a rope

It is though, there is more to being a bogan than just not having a job.. It is a school of thought.

of course not everyone who works a shitty job is a bogan most are.

classist pig

lmao prove me wrong you cunt

you're just opposing me for the sake of argument

That is one side of bogan life.

This is an accurate representation of a working class bogan.

>It is a school of thought.

You need a school of thought you fucking half-wit

>of course not everyone who works a shitty job is a bogan most are.

that wasn't your first argument, you've blanketed every worker of the lower rungs to be some genetically inferior bogan.

Thus why you should bite your fucking tongue until you have some better formed opinion

talk to the wall or something, that way you wont have your nose broken

>In before that's not a bogan because he has a job.

Mike Nolan is that you?

Just most people who work shitty labour jobs are Mike Nolan types.

>Just most people who work shitty labour jobs are Mike Nolan types.

O.K, well why don't you make a thread about that instead? Is it because you wanted to tell someone your girlfriend is a university "teacher"?

Why do you keep using quotation marks?

No reason lad

Enjoy your Brisbane weather

The world needs more hanks

it's crazy to me how much the uk and commonwealth still obsess so much over class

my family is pretty well off and i literally dont give a fuck, i do white collar work but rub elbows with blue collar people all the time and they're good ppl

the US is way more focused on race than we are though

yeah, i wonder why that came to be

>it's crazy to me how much the uk and commonwealth still obsess so much over class

Yes I agree - Australians, the middle-class and upper working class, seem very apprehensive about their social standings. I was amazed to find the English to be even more so.

Go into /brit/ and they'll eachother poor for shopping at particular supermarkets.

Good to see American's sentiments have remained since their independance

>they'll eachother poor for shopping at particular supermarkets.

I remember this from high school...

Funny thing was they all went to a public school in a dodgey area so it didn't make much sense looking back now.

I think this was always much more of an issue for girls. If a guy makes a big deal out of where you shop he's the one who gets ridiculed by his friends for being a faggot.

youtu.be/YBA53BCh8XM?t=1m53s

Not really, in my high school you had to wear the clothes from city beach not K mart or you were a dork.

the funniest thing about KotH is that charcoal is obviously superior to propane

Thought Mike Judge would sound more like Hank Hill than Butt-Head

So are you Chinese or Japanese?