Thoughts on i7-6900K?

On PassMark, it does better than any Ryzen and is only beat by super-expensive Xeons.

I need it for scientific computing (large scale integer programming) and playing 4K content. Will get a GTX 1080 Ti as well.

Other urls found in this thread:

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-6900K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-1800X/3605vs3916
gpu.userbenchmark.com/
cpu.userbenchmark.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>PassMark
worthless

Can someone explain the meme of posting these bar graphs over and over to me?

what should I use then?

bump

Get a proper Xeon and a Quadro or forget it

>$2,000 vs $12,000

>PassMark

Kill yourself, retard.

tell me what to use then man, I'm trying to learn

Hey! Purely out of curiosity, I wanna know what these 2 careers are like, I'm a soft. eng. undergraduate, and I love what I'm doing but I'm curious as to what it's like working in the Finance business with a BB(Business Bachelors), the people you'll encounter, salary ceiling, etc

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-6900K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-7-1800X/3605vs3916

It's slightly faster and costs 3.5 times as much. You'd be an idiot to go for Intel in this case.

>says passmark is shit
>posts userbenchmark

Literally jumping from dog shit to rat shit.

gpu.userbenchmark.com/

real world benches

my bad cpu.userbenchmark.com/

Check the HPC/compute benchmarks on Tom's for your specific workload.

Passmark is a meme benchmark only suited to comparing AMD vs AMD or Intel vs Intel.

Get the ryzen chip or wait for x399 and also get the ryzen chip. Should be 16 cores for about the same price as that 6900k.

what do you use?

Probably watches AMD comparisons by pajeet street shitter who justify over paying for chink shit

Find whatever benchmarks on the internet are my workload and go with them, certainly not aggregate sites like cpuboss, userbench or passmark

It's like testing out a Xeon CPU in sunspider and claiming it's a bad CPU for work.

It's still a better option than pissmark. I've benched every piece of hardware I own (5 PCs and 4 laptops) and it's surprisingly accurate.

userbenchmark tests are short and inadequate, their "gaming" benchmarks are just API calls, no actual games testes, just the API, so no engine glue.

Nonsense.
Their "workstation" benches are short, too short.

You want the benches to run long enough to heat up the caches or something?

>userbenchmark hater
killyourself

Penis measuring. Is your dick the biggest?

Or is your dick smaller because you're poor?

You know, the exact opposite reason benchmarks exist.