Why can Spanish speakers and Portuguese speakers understand each other languages with non translation?

Why can Spanish speakers and Portuguese speakers understand each other languages with non translation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZthNYozVwNM
youtube.com/watch?v=ksL2bxcSHxI
youtube.com/watch?v=zw5l0x3QDnc
youtube.com/watch?v=HwHfkuRCflc
youtube.com/watch?v=2hr7Uqu6G80
youtube.com/watch?v=rnc9T9MuFK0&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=A1WDI3vmbVI
youtube.com/watch?v=rF2BK9EuJso&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=W-JaUSW4gpc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_words_of_Arabic_origin
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_French_words_of_Arabic_origin
learnitalianwithlucrezia.org/2013/03/03/italian-words-coming-from-arabic-language/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_language_influence_on_the_Spanish_language
utexas.edu/cola/centers/lrc/iedocctr/ie-ling/ie-phon-Bomhard.html
utexas.edu/cola/centers/lrc/ielex/PokornyMaster-X.html
lituanus.org/1969/69_3_02.htm
indo-european.info/dictionary-translator/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because portuguese origen is the same that spanish origen

(northern spain)

idk

Because they are very similar. I can understand 98% of written Spanish, but just 50/90% of spoken Spanish, depends on the speed of speech.

Spaniards can't understand us
Their language has been arabified as fuck so they can't understand the magnificient language of european portuguese

>Spanish speakers and Portuguese speakers understand each other languages with non translation

I can't.

Sometimes espanish is easier to understand than european portuguese, actualy, galician is easier than both.

>Spanish
fix'd

fuck portugal and brazil too
race wars when?

But we love you, spicbro

We can understand written portuguese. Spoken is harder tho.

We don't.

They can't, unless by Spanish you mean Galician.
They are incredibly similar, no doubt, but spoken Portuguese is a mess to decipher.

t. Native Spanish speaker

We can. They can't.

we do

>here we go again
I don't understand brazilian's fascination for galicia...

I don't love you.

Yeah, I know

I understand spanish. You understand spanish?

portuguese is just badly spoken galician and galician has been spanishfied for the last 100 years

But I still love... yooooou

It's not a fascination, it's the truth. Also, Galicia should be Portuguese.

no,european portuguese is the true galician,galician has been spanified tho...
no it shouldn't,it's now spanish as fuck...
They speak ''galician'' with spanish accent...

Spain/Castille = Korea
Moortugal/Poortugal = Japan

>They can't, unless by Spanish you mean Galician
Yes we can.

I can understand Galician and Galician Speakers understand me.
Castillian speaker dont understand me very well but I understand them almost 100%.
Catalan can read about 75% understand about 60% (only two days in barcelona and could read about 80%).

Galician is Portuguese with nothern rural accent from bragança and viana do castelo but written different (fucking castillian dogs). PT and Gal are the same language basically. Castillian is very very close but spoken castillian suffered merges in many letter sounds. We didnt go into merging and that's why we have so much more phonetic diversity. Thats why we speak better english and our spanish brothers. And thats why we understand them but they dont understand us very well.

Horrible comparison, but if anything, it's the opposite.

SPAIN IS NOT CASTILLE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Stop insulting us please...We're the alphas of iberia,true descendents of the suebis and lusitanians,fuck the eastern moors

Not even close. Kek.

WE

Well, I'm just speaking from the viewpoint of your average castellANO speaker. I can read most Portuguese without much trouble, kind of like how I can read most Swedish without any trouble, but your spoken language is all moon, my man. Sounds so filthy, unclean and Slavic.

BR Portuguese is a bit easier and cleaner, but still so alien.

>cleaner
youtube.com/watch?v=ZthNYozVwNM

The same way norwegian is cleaner than danish?

br portuguese is disgusting inferior cannon-fodder accent
Br portuguese was shaped by immigrants and their ways of cheating portuguese...

foul iberian scum

>using carioca accent as a representation of the whole BR Portuguese

I disagree. I think they ended up forming a beautiful accent. I really like BR Portuguese.

Anglo scum

>brazil only has a single accent
>let me post a video of niggers yelling in the worst accent of the country to prove my point
NO

BR sounds like you're flamboyant gay or like you have dick in your mouth....

Why BR the land of traps tho??

and the fucking difference?

T. salty barbosa
Calm down m8. I can see from where he comes from, for a foreign's point of view it makes senses that our version is "cleaner" for the simple fact that we generally speak slower and that we have a predisposition to open the vowels much more.

>A is C because it is a consequence of X, just look at this B
This is your post. It's like you wanted to show what an imbecile you are

It's a single accent, in a non-flattering video, and yes, Brazilian Portuguese is CLEARER, and so "cleaner"

Why is our navy's and MSDF's flag and your natural flag ?

SHUT THE FUCK UP
here's another brazilian song:
youtube.com/watch?v=ksL2bxcSHxI
and a portuguese one:
youtube.com/watch?v=zw5l0x3QDnc
what do you understand better?

Don't know.

Here are the differences
youtube.com/watch?v=HwHfkuRCflc

And stop posting shitty brazilian songs just to post your point.
youtube.com/watch?v=2hr7Uqu6G80

youtube.com/watch?v=rnc9T9MuFK0&feature=youtu.be

youtube.com/watch?v=A1WDI3vmbVI

youtube.com/watch?v=rF2BK9EuJso&feature=youtu.be

to prove your point*

wow,the accent from porto alegre is kinda close to us

There he goes again, comparing oranges to watermelons. When you compare things like languages, you bring them to an equal footing and then weigh in their differences/similarities. This is a foreign concept to you. Must be, since Sup Forums skews things like that

The genre discrepancy there is painfully obvious, and so is your bias. I can post a hillbilly folk song of my region and a theater display from the capital as a comparison of our dialects. Stop shitting the bed you sleep in, you imbecile

Your country is small and you've different accents the same applies to us. It's like saying:
>North American accent is bad as they all speak ebonics
I'm starting to think you're just baiting... Picolé, is that you matey? :^)

Is it true that people unironically learn Portugese?

I mean, isn't that kinda redundant? 2 countries vs the entire Spanish speaking Latin America, a good chunk of U.S+Spain.

How is that even a contest?

but the brazilian accent is all too similar.The accents aren't as different as the azores accent is t european portuguese
youtube.com/watch?v=W-JaUSW4gpc

brazil is bigger in size and population than the whole latin america,and we also have angola,mozambique,timor leste,cabo verde,são tome principe,etc

>agua d'arroto

hahaha xD

BRAZIL IS THE MOST RELEVANT COUNTRY IN THE WORLD

Brazil is bigger and more relevant than all of Latin America

A person can do almost anything with willpower and a little bit of experience
In my opinion, most languages are redundant nowadays, in an "efficacy in world affairs" sense, but they're also not...from a human, curious side
Try explaining someone with passion that his is "redundant". When you have the above, you don't think a lot about redundancy. And these countries are not the same as their Spanish counterparts

>sendo autista

hihihihi :3

>but the brazilian accent is all too similar.
Maybe for a foreign... When you lot talk about the differences in yours most of us (Brs) don't see them as clearly. Same situation.

I disagree somehow. I am from the South and when I went to Bahia, I couldn't understand most things they spoke. Sometimes I thought they were speaking some kind of African language since most of them were black and it didn't sound like other European languages, but then it always took me some time to realise it was just Portuguese, a weird one.

paraguay knows

The only acceptable accent is from porto alegre desu...
that ''tu'' sound is pretty familiar

Because portugese is just Spanish with an extra chromosome

Source: am linguist

watch the video I posted here

I love your "Spain/Castilla" but the analogy is horribly wrong.

>latin america
*South america.
Central america (especially méxico) bends to their side.

>angola,mozambique,timor leste,cabo verde,são tome principe,etc

Except for Mozambique I have absolutely no idea where those countries even are. You're not making them up, and memeing me, are you?

>A person can do almost anything with willpower and a little bit of experience
You forgot the most important part user. Money. I'd love to play the flute, but it costs like half a years salary to buy a decent one.

Western iberia masterrace

Hungarian """""Education"""""

Fuck off, kim.

>playing LoL
>speaking portuguese with my bros
>random scrub shows up and says "learn how to speak spanish dumbass"
>mfw

angola is the 6th largest economy in africa and in the next decade it'll become the first

He's right tho, Portuguese is spanish+moor rapebaby. That's why i only speak Tupi with my friends and family

Nice trips lad.
For me french is easier than italian desu. For the simple fact that it's more consistently understood.
Italian can go from "I get the general sense" to "what the hell are you saying?" either written and spoken.
>Basque country
wat?

Why did Portugal and Brazil got stuck with retard-Spanish?

Three years ago I saved money to buy myself a piano. I did. A 26 year old one, for 900 euros

Buy a used one. It translates from the "willpower" part. No excuse, if your dream is big enough. There are used flutes here (in Croatia), 10-20 years old, ranging from 800 to 2000 euros

We stronk

anime y duolingo

What?portuguese has more celtic origin/phonetic and less arabic than spanish, and all our arabic was adopted from french and spanish

There is no shame in having a few Arabic loanwords

I'm sorry. I'm really good in European geography, Asia too somewhat, but Africa is just a giant DRAGONS BE HERE to me. Well, except Tanzania and Kenya because they're constantly in nature films.

>Three years ago I saved money to buy myself a piano. I did. A 26 year old one, for 900 euros
That sounds pretty cool user. Hope you like it :)

> There are used flutes here (in Croatia), 10-20 years old, ranging from 800 to 2000 euros
I have literally 2 euros to my name. Unless I start sucking dicks, I don't see how I'll gain enough monies to get a flute. Though I had a job interview this week, I'm hoping they'll hire me, cuz I didn't fuck everything up this time. It's a desk job in a bank with shitty pay, but it's good for starting.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_words_of_Arabic_origin
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_French_words_of_Arabic_origin
~learnitalianwithlucrezia.org/2013/03/03/italian-words-coming-from-arabic-language/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arabic_language_influence_on_the_Spanish_language

i know i'm just pointing out facts

>you will never understand your neighbours without studying their language

Just learn the reconstructed PIE and you'll understand Latvians and learn a bit more about your own language. If you want to understand Slavs, I suggest you learn Bulgarian. It's the easiest of them (and the difference is miniscule, truthfully, they just have some "shortcuts" in forms of accent, declensions, less irregularities)
Bulgarian is a really big, red, shiny door into Russian, and can be used to understand a good part of Serbo-Croatian

A lot of people don't learn languages with how "useful" its gonna be in mind, some just like the way it sounds or the country its spoken in. Being in fluent in portuguese also makes spanish, italian and french easymode to learn.

I've learned Russian so I can understand other Slavic languages somewhat.

>reconstructed PIE

might as well learn Latvian instead

I learnt German to read Hölderlin in his original language. Learning a language also opens you the door for experiencing new art and culture, and allows you to communicate at a much more profound level with a lot of people.

And it's also lots of fun.

>not wanting to read about and learn about PIE as much as you can
Do you know how much "Lithuanian" words I've encountered reading PIE vocabularies? Every footnote had "*Lithuanian: [WORD]" or "Prussian: [WORD]"

It's fascinating stuff

Now you caught my attention. Do you have any materials to read?

>Learning a language also opens you the door for experiencing new art and culture, and allows you to communicate at a much more profound level with a lot of people.
That's a dried out explanation, so people tend to take it for granted, no matter how truthful it is. Until they experience it themselves with something, that is
And that just might be me, but I feel a different person when speaking another language. I think differently and phrase (of course, since vocabulary ranges by my skill and the language's culture) sentences like I normally wouldn't in my native language. I swear a lot. A bad habit I've picked up a few years ago, accompanied by growing impatience, jaw clenching and general anger issues. However, when I speak French or Spanish, I don't do any of it. Even my voice tone changes a bit within range (not counting the usual mouth positions to pronounce French/Spanish words). Not to mention English. Whenever I have an obstacle in front of me, I tend to blow up or blow through it, whichever destruction looks more tempting at the time. I tried thinking in English, and these reactions reduce. I'm missing the swear words and the "caprice" of my language, because I hear swears, anger, powerlessness, bitterness everyday around me. In the bus, on the TV, acquaintances. With these other languages, I'm much more removed, to make my own vocabulary

Did you ever question the origin of your language? It's pure, graceful and worth preserving. A direct descendant of the MOTHER tongue, literally.

>utexas.edu/cola/centers/lrc/iedocctr/ie-ling/ie-phon-Bomhard.html
>utexas.edu/cola/centers/lrc/ielex/PokornyMaster-X.html
>lituanus.org/1969/69_3_02.htm
>indo-european.info/dictionary-translator/
You can trust anything from University of Texas, as far as languages go. They have a section for anything. Old Albanian, Old Irish, Old French, Akkadian, Gothic, Old Armenian, Arsacid Pahlavi, you name it...

Do you know how important Lithuanian is to reconstructing the origins of our languages, from the British Isles to Indus?

I am spaniard and I can't understand the Portuguese. Brazilians are much easier to understand.

Do you realize that means ,in biological terms,portuguese is retarded?

Since I travel around a lot. And already speak Spanish, Dutch and English. Portuguese would come in handy if I want to travel around all of latin america. Also it is easy as fuck so why not learn it?

That's the joke pablo, although you aren't helping his case with that response.

I was aware of the similarities before. Never thought it's actually used in this kind of research before.

>And that just might be me, but I feel a different person when speaking another language
This. I had a teacher that said speaking another language is seeing the world from their point of view. For example, pic related:
>pt
Beija flor (Flower-kisser) -because when giving it a name we analysed the act he seemed doing.
>eng
Hummingbird -They named it after the sound of his wings whilst flapping
>fr
oiseaux-mouches (Bird-mosquito) They took in account the size to give a name.
The same animal was named after different aspects, because each of them see the world differently.

you are a son of inmigrants, you arent Spaniard, duchguy