/wt/ Watch Thread

FUCKOFF TRIPFAGS EDITION

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to produce a fine watch.

>Required Viewing For Newbies:
youtu.be/_2J5phyd9J4

>Strap Guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

tb-688.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=106&product_id=165
watchoutlet01.com
trevorwatch1.com
ts-watches.co
tb-688.com
hontwatch.ru
dsnwatches.com
silix-prime.co
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>yacht master

2nd for Amphibia.

ah yes

can't get me to fuck off, not when I have this motherfucker right here

Thinking of getting a Rolex Oyster Perpetual 39mm Rhodium as an everyday watch. Thoughts?

what time is it?

That's really nice. I wish California dials were more popular.

>The backwards Pepsi effect is my favorite thing about vostok bezels

Yeah, I wish they'd keep it as one of their signatures, just like how Raketa now uses 0's everywhere instead of 12's, but the bezels are instead becoming more normalized. Pic excepted.

Nomos just made a nice affordable cali dial called club campus.

time for you to get a watch

hello friends

i just made a trip #watchtrip (don't steal) to post in this thread

F91-W masterrace reporting in

bout tree fiddy

Jammed a 22mm Hadley Roma from the mall on this bitch to match my newish dress shoes for an interview tomorrow

$368 spent

Inferior.

I could tell it was off

Impossible to tell

Where you cop this fugazi joint?

Why doesn't meranom mass produce this beauty?

because Ivan is a vodka jew

Yes

>vodka Jew

Why doesn't he want to get rich then?

I thought those were 19mm

If he sell too many they won't be limited edition and sought after. It's the same with the Neptune series

Jew tactics 101

I still don't get this. He doesn't make any profit from it being a SE. It's just Vostok criclejerk fanboys the ones who profit from reselling them for overinflated prices.

The double dubs say yes

We posting boctoks?

Aite

You could saved up that ten times and bought a real one

Now fuck off

Stop posting vostoks, you make me want to get one and i need to get a dress watch first

Get a quartz shitter dress watch, we all know you don't have a good job or anything

A smooth bezel for this should arrive in the mail soon.

Can someone help me figure out what watch this guy is wearing

I can post more pics if need

i want something intersting. i don't have a job at all.

3rst for +0.2 SPD

timex expedition
also known as TICK

Sure, can't argue with the quality and it's reasonably nice looking.

Timex Camper, maybe some earlier mechanical military Timex.

3big5yuuu

Bin these shitters. They are not even durable or aesthetically pleasing

Cute, post boobs + timestamp.

My vintage mechanical Camper is cooler and doesn't TICK TICK TICK

More durable than any Smartwatch I had.

For me there are few things that are more sexy than Casio watches

He will be though?

Dmitry.

People like you make me sick

>Loud tick

This is the strangest complaint anyone could make of a watch.

Have you ever heard a modern Timex up close? They are absurdly loud compared to any other quartz watch.

I have a watch with a Seagull ST19 movement that ticks loud enough you can hear it in a quiet room without holding it up to your wrist. But I don't see how anyone could not like this,

It's not. I have a Timex weekender with a loud tick and my wife hates it. She forces me to put it in a draw when I'm not wearing it.

What's the deal with Jungans Max Bill

>Thinking of getting a Rolex
Why? Wife left you?

$238 paid tb-688.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=106&product_id=165

Are all those watches fake? Those prices look too good to be true.

All replicas

Trusted Dealers:
PureTime (Angus) - www.puretime03.com
InTime (Ryan) - www.intime01.co
Watch Outlet (Francis/Edward) - watchoutlet01.com
Chazing Time (Ken/Jay) - www.chazingtime.co
True Time (Lucy) - www.truetime-168.com
Precious Time - www.ptswiss.eu
Trevor Watches (Trevor) - trevorwatch1.com
TS Watches (Christina/Miffy) - ts-watches.co
Toro Bravos (Toro) - tb-688.com
Supermirrors (Sead) - www.supermirror1.com
Hont Watches (Hont) - hontwatch.ru
Yuki Watch (Yuki) - www.yukiwatch.com
Asian7750 (Tony) - www.2016asian.com
Davidsen (David) - dsnwatches.com
Silix (Michelle) - silix-prime.co

Ofc they're fake.

Not like real Sinns look like they should be worth more than $200

I'd buy this if it wasn't trying to be a fake speedmaster.

Has an ST19 movement.

You've never seen a real Sinn in person, have you?

Alright lads I'm looking for a really good high quality watch. I have £9000 to spend and I want a watch brand that will retain its value. Based on pic related (and other sources) I'm thinking of going for a pre-owned Patek Philippe Calatrava for £8500. Opinions?

>replicas
You mean fakes. Chinkshit garbage movement no QC fakes. I saw one abject moron bring one to my watchmaker. My watchmaker just laughed at the guy when he put his brand new fake Sub on the timegrapher and it was running +65 SPD with 110 degrees of amplitude.

The movement literally had a week to live and the moron paid $300 for the thing.

nice watches, friends
best get to ordering that nato now though, that rubber strap is an absolute piece of shit

>Butthurt Sinnfag detected
Not that poster, but I've seen them. A tad overpriced for what they are.

I don't own one, but I have handled an 856 in person and was quite impressed with the manufacturing quality and finishing.

Buy a Seiko SARB035 and save yourself £8250

>roman nums are small and consistently rotated
rolex just gets it

fuck me dead this is the sexiest vostok i've seen yet. ID?

That picture is bad enough to qualify as bait.

In any case I'd stick to PP if you are totally obsessed with maximizing value retention, but I'd personally go for a VC patrimony or JLC ultra-thin with complications for that money

Nope.

So I'm now in the Seiko club with my Daini 5Actus. So this is supposed to be an entry level JDM sport watch, but for 1975 it has a steel case and a mineral crystal, when most entry Swiss-shit (and especially slavshit) of the time were plated brass and acrylic.

Seiko were that far ahead, huh? Also post your vintage Seikos pls.

How many of them do you want me to post?

I thought you meant this one.

Looks like a SARB035 homage

The good ones? Or just post a pile to choose from.

yeah I don't know shit about watches, I posted here a couple days ago about buying an Omega for £8500 and got shot down. Is there any truth to that hierarchy though? Is PP considered 'the best' along with AP and VC?

Most knowledgeable people would rate A. Lange & Sohne, Patek Phillipe, Vacheron Constantin, Audemars Piguet and Jaeger LeCoultre as the five best haute horology watchmakers who aren't independents.

Their service costs are also "the best", especially if you buy used and don't have a clue about the condition of the movement

Why are all the good looking Vostok models always sold out?

>28800bph
Nice. I wonder why Seiko still won't speed up their mid range (SAR, Prospex, etc.) to 28800, like the Swiss.

Any pitfalls, timebombs, self destruct combinations with these movements?

>Chinkshit garbage movement

No, Japanese Miyota movements mostly and don't knock Chinese movements, Swiss movements are also made in China. You get what you pay for in terms of quality.

Also my watch seems to be the lower tier version of your, judging by the dial and hands. Either that or it's just that they're both Daini.

I dropped my sinn and it now runs slow instead of fast should I be concerned

Not really. The 52xx was the last new movement Daini designed before the quartz revolution and should be considered comparable to the ETA 2892-A2, Omega 56x/75x and Rolex 3035. In the 1990s Seiko brought back the 52xx as the 4s15 and ultimately moved it to Credor.

Be aware that the 5206 and 5245/5246 have instant day/date change at midnight but are vulnerable to quick-set damage if the quick-set is used between 9pm and 3am. The movements are otherwise quite reliable.

The 5256 variant, while lacking the instant date change, had adjustment labor lavished on it by Daini as it was their last run of high-end autos. My 52 King Seiko Special is scary accurate as a result.

Also, make sure you don't confuse the Suwa Seikosha produced 56xx for it, however. They are totally unrelated designs.

In general, Daini tended to be pretty conservative in their movement designs and watch designs, most of their watches share a lot of the same design language.

Here's a 1967 Seikomatic-P 5106

Hi vintage seiko man / plaid man / southern Ontario man. Not him but a question about vintage seikos since I know you're knowledgeable. I am much more a fan of manual winds than automatics and was wondering if anything in the vintage seiko market was worthwhile or notable and manual wind. Any tips for buying vintage and should I get it serviced somewhere in particular once I buy it?

>$52,000

Glad to see the japs know how to meme as well as the mountain jews

So Suwa was the wild one?

Best value for a reliable manual wind vintage Seiko is a Lord Marvel 5740C. It's a 36,000bph manual winding design produced for a long time in the late 1960s and 1970s by Suwa Seikosha. No date complication and it doesn't hack, but as a result is extremely reliable.

If you are in Southern Ontario take it to Shane Ede in Toronto.

As for general tips, you need to Google the shit out of the movement and model you are interested in and learn enough to judge condition, originality and price for yourself.

because they are good looking

Suwa tended to be way more experimental with their designs for watches and for movements. For movements this often meant they ended up with flaws (see: 56xx quick set, 613x vertical clutches, 61xx excessive wear issues).

My HMT watch stopped working after I posted it on here. It was holding time perfectly for 4 years prior.

I hope you're happy now for causing my watch to commit suicide.

Is it possible to still get new drop in replacement movements for them?

>no bagels in this thread
disappoint

Where to buy these? Can't find on ebay

You should open it and see what's wrong buddy

Have you tried checking trashcans?

I think the big trashcan in china has run dry

Quartz ticking is annoying. Mechanical ticking is white noise.

>yfw oversized vintage reissues