Holy shit

Holy shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.technet.microsoft.com/heyscriptingguy/2016/07/14/passing-through-devices-to-hyper-v-vms-by-using-discrete-device-assignment/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>OpenBSD

Wow, it's fucking nothing.

>openbsd
who

Hey fuck you, this shit's -ENTERPRISE- now, it's going to be in every data center and building on the planet.

Only the hardest OS known to man.

Why did they stop selling CDs?

>hyper-V

When Xen, VMware and KVM exist?

Lol

Isn't hyper-V a kvm?

>KVM
>ever

>>Only the hardest OS known to man.

call me when they get MAC

>MAC
Call me when OpenBSD is featured in Vault7 instead of Linux and other soft, putty-like operating systems.
inb4 failed FBI backdoors that never got into OpenBSD in the first place.

>a "benchmark" based on boot times

I'm a sysadmin and can confirm that booting and deleting virtual machines are the only things we ever do.

Other operations would likely have a similar result.

>yet another BSD shill thread
Do you get paid much? Where can I sign up?

Does anything other than kvm work with passthrough? otherwise idc

Go home Theo

>passthrough
What for?

>Other operations
what operations?
>would likely
you might as well divine it out of tea leaves and a crystal ball at this point.
How about doing an actual measurement with a non-shit methodology?

believe it or not, we had to passthrough a network card once because of a certain shitty virtual network appliance that had problems with the virtual interface

Something like this?
blogs.technet.microsoft.com/heyscriptingguy/2016/07/14/passing-through-devices-to-hyper-v-vms-by-using-discrete-device-assignment/

IT'S HAPPENING

Looks like the equivalent of what KVM has.
But I'm not a Windows admin so I don't know the details.

(You)
putty-like operating systems? Wtf?

Hyper V is a bare metal/native hypervisor, so when you enable it in Server 2016 it actually installs itself as the OS and runs the original Server 2016 under it. I'm assuming that you use the commands in that article to tell the hypervisor to send the devices to whichever Hyper V VM you want instead of the Server 2016 "main" machine.
Unfortunately this is also why things like Windows To Go don't let you enable Hyper V, since it tries to install itself as the OS it fucks up your VHD boot bullshit and rolls back.

>putty-like operating systems? Wtf?
Those other operating systems, Linux included, are soft and malleable like silly putty. When it hacker pokes his fingers into it it gives way without offering any resistance.

Soon™