Post all god teir
Nostalgic
Beautiful
A E S T H E T I C
Technology

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_White_design_language
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Stop posting this fucking abomination. It was shit, Jobs was shit, and you're shit.

Triggered.

>unix
>oop
>display postscript
>built in dsp
>DMA I/O processor
>built in networking
>"shit"
Show some respect you knuckle dragging Poosoft loving Pajeet.

NeXT produced one bad motherfucker of an OS and a computer. But it had two problems:
1) Expensive.
2) MO drive was way cool but slow as primary storage.

Never the less, it was an object of lust that continues to shape the industry today. (Hint: code from that computer runs Macs, iPhones, and iPads. And even if you hate Apple, you cannot deny those devices have had a major impact on the industry.)

why was jobs so fucking bad at creating mice? this square abomination, insistence on 1 button, don't get me fucking started on the 'puck' mouse...

..that is a symbolics Lisp machine running Genera. I am jelly as fuck.

You wouldn't be posting that if NeXT didn't succeed in selling its technology to apple.

late 80s early 90s japan made the most AESTHETIC cases

I would buy the fuck out of something with that look current age.

Your point? NeXT had the best OS and Apple had the need for a new OS foundation. And the rest is multi-billion dollar history.

dunno about him but sure as fuck I would, the systems stand on their own just fine; the hardware wasn't the fastest but it was plenty alright, everything frog design touched turned to gold and NeXTSTEP was a decent Unix platform for general use as far as workstations went, and everything was wonderfully polished to boot.

bell labs blit terminal

My point, is that you wouldn't care of even know of NeXT if it weren't for Apple saving jobs company from obscurity.

FUCK, I want that drag open window in floating mode in i3...

Mac OS with Symbolics expansion board running Genera. How jelly are you now?

That looks really cool actually.

is that comic sans being used unironically in a cad program?

I never got this "apple == good design" meme. that thing is even uglier than the first macintosh.

Thanks for mentioning that post Fuck, that keyboard, probably the best I've ever seen...

Pictures are all advertisements and will only show the good parts of the garbage. Just like the "aesthetic" meme, you are essentially jerking off to plastic and inventing your own history. This is the cornerstone of what nostalgia is, pretending to make this golden "perfect" era that you didn't even live in because you're a failure in the current one.

Note how all of the pictures are showing the computer turned off, or it's just a pic of the insides (computer is still off). To turn the computer on is to have to admit its flaws, so it stays off, so you can jerk off. Unfortunately by now most of the hard drives in these machines will be dead which doesn't help this phenomenon where internet losers invent their own history since you're unable to actually turn it on and experience how shitty it was the entire time. You could try "restoring" it, you often see those words repeated in these threads, yet it always shows how clueless the memelets are that make them. I dare you to actually try restoring it. But you wouldn't do that, again if you succeeded you'd have to turn it on and use it to admit its flaws and your pretend circlejerk game would end.

Actually try to install some software. oh wait, you can't, because it used floppies and they'd die within the year (yes the ones you are jerking off on the box are all dead inside). so you installed some software. oh it won't work now because your operating system isn't updated. Go order updates... you know, via snail mail. So the new OS is in, it won't work because you're 5 months out of date and the average CPU speed has quadrupled. Go to the store and buy a new one, your old one has no transferable parts so just throw it out. Then after 20 years in the dumpster some retarded group of hipsters finds it and pretends it was some lost golden era and starts jacking off onto the plastic. You are now here. Anyway, please stop repeating this internet disease and kill yourself.

This was one of the first computers designed by Jony Ive, by the way.

That's not Comic Sans. It didn't even exist back when this program was developed.

idk this jony guy but I can tell he has some really bad taste.

Missing: software

Whatever it is, it seems somewhat inappropriate for a serious CAD program.

Well, he designs everything produced by Apple today, so yeah he sucks.

lol mad

This is one of the first 3D modeling and animation suites ever, back then nobody was sure what a serious program should look like.

>tfw you will never have coplandOS on a bunch of CRTs in your comfy japanese bedroom with comfy japanese futon bed on the floor with comfy bear pajamas and eventually come to learn that you are a god/computer program

You're wrong. I followed their progress at the time and still have brochures and catalogs in storage.

All that plus being a cute grill

There was plenty, but of course nowhere near what PCs had, but that situation wasn't really any different from that of SunOS, AIX, IRIX or any of the other platforms NeXT systems actually competed with. They were high-end workstations marketed to customers who typically developed their own software anyway, and the development environment was half of the reason for getting into the platform in the first place.

Interestingly, today NeXTSTEP seems to have one of the more well-archived software bases among older *nix platforms that you can barely find dick for without sucking cock on forums and mailing lists.

Didn't Seinfeld have one of those abortions on his desk for a couple seasons?

Fuck that looks so nice.

>kidpix
my nigga

You do realize 99% of the A E S T H E T I C meme is about the fucking aesthetic of how the computer looks and nothing about how it works?
Everyone knows old computing was shit

This is what it would look like if Jesus and Optimus Prime had a baby. Majestic.

thats cool man, really cool
Cool

Has anyone thought about making an all in one with a CRT Monitor as a shell?

What the fuck are talking about? NeXT was very popular as programming platform. The problem it was expensive as fuck.

eat up martha

No, never

>tfw DisplayPostscript could have ended killing X.org
If just was open and free of patents...

Why I think you're shitting on him only to be contrarian?

eat shit its true

Nobody did at that time either, that's why Steve shitcanned it with the rest of the featureless beige boxes and clones as soon as it was within his power to do so.

maybe some wouldn't in the same way some wouldn't know about SGI if not for their presence in '90s hollywood, but that doesn't mean the hardware wasn't interesting on its own like you seem to be trying to imply

I've always thought it looked incredible. Someday I'll buy one

the X68k is cool but most of the other ones look like shitty A/V equipment or glorified gaming consoles

It's my idea or the beige box aesthetic of 90's was influenced in part by Snow White?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_White_design_language

I a case similar to that.
No, I'm not going to destroy one just for get a modern build on it.

Snow White was so short-lived before Apple retardedly obliterated it in the late Mac II era that it hardly got a chance to influence shit, it wasn't even beige anyway.

>always the same pictures
>always the same circlejerk

>always the same shitposter whining about threads he could easily hide

wow you're right dude I didn't even realize that instead of jerking off about things I enjoy I should just be jerking off your shitty threads instead, where do you want my upvotes???

Beige boxes also weren't beige, man. Beige boxes where mostly white when new.

There was a big mix of both. Early Apple systems were beige, for example, but they later switched to platinum which was more of a greyish-white.

Thanks man. Good to know that.
For some reason I always tend to relationship dirty plastic with beige.

Isn't that supposed to be like ultimate Longhorn machine?

I suppose so. They did show it off in a few Longhorn videos.

>that fashion will never be cool again
Hope we get a 70's revival after all of this 90's and 80's stuff

The 90s *was* the period of 70s revival.

70s fashion is gay as hell.

That jumper is comfy as anything fuck off with that nonsense.

She's a beauty

>>that fashion will never be cool again
>Hope we get a 70's revival after all of this 90's and 80's stuff

I can assure you that it will be cool again.

Egypt's biggest museum in Cairo has a rather large collection of ancient clothes ranging thousands of years.

I was really shocked how every single western fashion trend was there. It was obviously not labelled "60s short" but "2800 year old shirt"..

Go to a few museums with ancient clothes if you don't think all clothes fashions eventually return. There's done been absolutely nothing the last 100 years that wasn't done many times before.

The yellow one maybe, but the red one with the gay ass belt is fucking ugly.
Also those pants are retarded.

>that tranny on the left
it's interesting how overrepresented trannies are in tech