$10,000 Custom Build

you are given $10k USD to build a system for video editing and 3D model rendering. this price is to include all peripherals and monitors and extra storage.

i7 vs xeon?
quadro or will titan x be sufficient?
can you also use it to pwn n00bs?
give reason for your choices.

Other urls found in this thread:

thinkmate.com/system/superworkstation-7048gr-tr
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

buy an engineered sample xeon off ebay for $350

total build - $1,200

Keep the rest

can't keep the the rest. use it or lose it.

Dual E5-2670 with a 1080 Ti.
Put the other $9k to better use.

>can't keep the the rest. use it or lose it.

amd naples
2 way titan x with 2 quadros, two installations of windows on seperate drives (because one for gaymen, one for work n shiet)
all in everything else

So the money's not yours. Save your employer the 9k. Trust me, they won't mind.

the money comes from a government entity since i'm disabled. i paid taxes for 20 years, so the money IS mine. but the gvmt thinks it is theirs.

>Build $1000 computer
>Charge $9000 for building service

>amd
get lost

Both. 1800X + Titan/1080Ti workstation for editing connected to a dual Xeon server to do the final renders on. Spending $10k on a single system is retarded.

>the money IS mine
No it's not. You drove the government deep into debt. You spent that money and then some. And now you want to abuse a program to make it even worse.

>You drove the government deep into debt
how?
this is the first /assistance/ i'm ever receiving and it is to help me start a small business so i can support myself from a chair since i can't be doing manual labor anymore.

4k on display(s)
4k on main system
2k on nas

You don't need to spend $10k on a computer to do it. It's just throwing money away. You don't even necessarily get more performance. The $330 i7 7700k tops benchmarks for a lot of things since very little is embarrassingly parallel.

so far im thinking dual xeons
should i go quadro or 1080/titan x?

op I hope you get cancer :)

>i7 7700k or Ryzen 1800X
>2 x GTX 1080Ti
>1TB NVMe M.2 SSD
>2TB SATA SSD
>Complete water loop. (M.2 / CPU / GPUs)
>Aquaero cooling management.
>Quietest case I can find.

Spend the rest on a color calibration tool and the best 4k/5k you can find as a primary, with a decent size 1080 capacitative touch monitor as secondary.

Ryzen has great multithreaded performance. 7700k is a proven performance and has the single core edge.

1080Ti is the best card you can get right now and a much better value than the Titan X or Quadro.

NVMe SSD is the best performance you can get, but at risk of thermal throttling with sustained constant read/write. There are waterblocks available that solve this.

Water cooling with an external radiator setup will allow you vent your heat outside the room, as well as keeping fan noise down locally.

>purchase one single raspberry pi
>give the rest to myself an maintenance costs

You're gonna regret not buying at least one HDD for backup. Solid state is vulnerable to data corruption after lots of read/writes. That's why you only ever want to put your OS on it if you have it backed up elsewhere.

R7 1700
Vega
use saved money on something more cost-effective, like hookers and blow.

thinkmate.com/system/superworkstation-7048gr-tr

go here

Is that a SHODAN case?

I buy all the parts and then pay a professional modder to make me a better shodan theme build.