An Overhauled MacPro Is Finally Coming Next Year, No Matter What Anybody Thinks

All you Machaters BTFO.

>Apple is currently hard at work on a “completely rethought” Mac Pro, with a modular design that can accommodate high-end CPUs and big honking hot-running GPUs, and which should make it easier for Apple to update with new components on a regular basis.

>We’re not going to get into exactly what stage we’re in, just that we told the team to take the time to do something really great. To do something that can be supported for a long time with customers with updates and upgrades throughout the years. We’ll take the time it takes to do that. The current Mac Pro, as we’ve said a few times, was constrained thermally and it restricted our ability to upgrade it. And for that, we’re sorry to disappoint customers who wanted that, and we’ve asked the team to go and re-architect and design something great for the future that those Mac Pro customers who want more expandability, more upgradability in the future. It’ll meet more of those needs.

gizmodo.co.uk/2017/04/an-overhauled-macpro-is-finally-coming-next-year-no-matter-what-anybody-thinks/

Other urls found in this thread:

netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=10&qpcustomd=0
youtu.be/C-Rk8_4Qo68
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

winfags BTFO!!!!

2ill they recover from this?

Mac Pro aka the "I'm gonna be a content creator using my father's credit card" starter pack.

>overpriced homOS X shitbox
no one gives a fuck

>The current Mac Pro, as we’ve said a few times, was constrained thermally
It's not as if people stated this immediately after it was unveiled. Jesus fuck, this is some typical bullshit.
>Hey guys we made a tiny desktop. It's got some minor thermal issues but it's tiny!
>Hey guys, we fixed the thermal issues but it's not longer tiny!
Seriously, what the fuck?

Shut the fuck up winfag.

Apple never apologizes for shit, so this is a good move.

I HAVE A RAGING BONER RIGHT NOW I CAN FINALLY GET RID OF MY HACKINTOSH!

It's not even new for Apple.

>its a computer that looks different and costs a lot more for the same functions and performance
when will this stupid trend end? i see this shit everywhere

All bets on it being a fucking dumb all in one with thermal issues and no upgradability as usual.

macOS is miles better than Winshit.

And you don't have to be a fucking IT to make it work.

Apple doesn't make the amount of money they do selling volume like Dell or Asus for example. There is a reason why so many WinTel PC manufactures have dropped like flies over the decades. I'll let you figure out why that is but just know that if other companies could do the same, they would.

>macOS is miles better than Winshit.

3.22%
%

netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid=10&qpcustomd=0

>Apple working hard on something every other manufacturer has had forever and Apple used to have back with the orginal Mac Pros
Wow such innovation, I'll take 10.

>Thinks marketshare means anything.

Microshit is like McDonalds, my nigga.

Many people eat McDonalds, but doesn't make it good.

Go play WoW on your shitty 8inch dell laptop.
Faggot.

people are going to be pretty psyched when this comes out, between this and an oled iphone they might actually not be shit for a while now.

pic related: you

say whatever you want, avid media and pro tools all became standard on macs because os x crashed less than windows.

back when snow leopard was the latest it was pretty much the best os ever made. os x is still much better design wise, Microsoft doesn't even have a consistent menu design because their thousands of special snowflake product teams refuse to follow their own guidelines.

Pic related is 100% (you)

windows 7 was the best os ever made

see

>A computer enclosure with enough space inside that it allows a bunch of different component configurations inside
Why didn't someone think of this before? Cook is a genius.

heartening news, but really I think they already fucked up too bad and had their heads in the sand for too long, a lot of their target market would have jumped ship to windows by now because it's simply been too long

the day they revealed that small form factor mac pro with 6 x thunderbolt for upgradability im sure many of the mac pro target marget let out a sigh and realised that the development pipeline wasn't going to get much better for them. I already jumped shit when it was obvious their vision didn't match my use case.

fuck Apple!

>a lot of their target market would have jumped ship to windows by now because it's simply been too long

You clearly underestimate Apple fans.

Nigga they now only have 3% market share now. All that are left are gays which is why apple replaced their CEO with a LITERAL cock sucker.

>more indians and third worlders use govt. subsidized pc's and android phones vs apple.
wow, my mind is blown. how could this happen. clearly this is the inferior product, thank you for opening my eyes.

are you 12 years old?

nah apple has never had more than a few percent market share at any given time and yet they are more popular and make more money than other companies.

Undertale runs in ppc OSX? Wut?

Are you slowpoke?

>inb4 "Sticking your dick in a mans ass won't grant you eternal damnation in hell, it's 2017 XD. Hail stalin teheee."

ITS CYLINDRICAL

>nah apple has never had more than a few percent market share at any given time
>they are more popular
Make up your mind you cock sucker.

This is true.

Word. 7 years later and it's still the only OS I boot up. Shame microshaft is going to pull the plug soon.

I have an amd card and so I made the switch to windows 10 just for dx12 support, but damn do I miss good old 7.

lol, just like technigger.

They painted the trash can red?
INNOVATION
COURAGE

>unironically thinking your life is so important that cosmic super-intelligence cares about where you put your dick
individualism is the death of society

>applel to release yet another overheating throttling underperforming pile of shit
>mactoddlers gobble it up and beg for more

Same shit every decade.

So what you were originally trying to spin is that Apple fucked over countless people by releasing shitty hardware and now they're doing some "complete rethought" which is basically making everyone who bought the original shit have to buy the new shit?

How are people spinning this to praise apple?

>apple finally catches up to PC manufacturers and releases a normal PC
>mactoddlers thing this BTFOs anything

So, they're moving from trash bins to containers? Neat.

You've clearly never used it.

top kek

I've been forced to use it where I work. Boss gave up and gave us normal xps workstations after everyone kept complaining about how shit performance and software was.

Now I understand why os x only has like 3% market share

>Apple is currently hard at work on a “completely rethought” Mac Pro, with a modular design
>modular design
DONGLES.

Not him but I seriously hate how when I SLIGHTLY
press on the touchpad while scrolling it sends me flying to this overview of unfocused shit.
As well, it's harder to look for shit compared to W7.
Heck even the 'apps' interface plus the settings are uncomfortable to scroll down to/use.
Okay mactoddler?

That color of red makes it look like some kind of sex toy. Like some kind of extra extra large vibrator OP's boyfriend would get him for Valentine's day

same argument as loonix faggots
>u dont like it? bet u never even tried it lmao
>u tried it and didnt like it? u fucking retard! lmao

>constrained thermally and it restricted our ability to upgrade it

did he just admit its an overheating pos design that even the engineers couldn't upgrade without it turning into a hibachi

>>Apple is currently hard at work on a “completely rethought” Mac Pro, with a modular design that can accommodate high-end CPUs and big honking hot-running GPUs, and which should make it easier for Apple to update with new components on a regular basis.
Apple design BTFO.

>The current Mac Pro, as we’ve said a few times, was constrained thermally and it restricted our ability to upgrade it. And for that, we’re sorry to disappoint customers who wanted that, and we’ve asked the team to go and re-architect and design something great for the future that those Mac Pro customers who want more expandability, more upgradability in the future. It’ll meet more of those needs.
Just how much laughing are you expecting at this point?

>EKTA BAL ER PATA

>did he just admit its an overheating pos design

Yes. Craig elaborated though. They designed it with an intentional limit, they didn't think they'd need more heat dissipation than that. The dual GPU thing didn't work out so that whole thing is useless now. If dual GPUs in a workstation were still better than 1 very powerful one currently, they'd have maybe kept the thermal core design. They also acknowledge that it was unupgradeable. Strange for Apple.

This comes just a few days after one of their 2 decade old designers leaves. Apparently he was the faggot pushing for thinness, not Ive.

So... A regular atx cased Intel based pc?

This is now a mac hate thread

>And you don't have to be a fucking IT to make it work.
hahahahahahahaha oh my god
but you literally don't
you're just fucking stupid
i can give my 63 year old mum using a mac a pass because computers are difficult at her age and her only upgrades were from 98SE to Vista when Vista had just come out

what's your fucking excuse, dumbass?
you however have no excuse

D O B S O N
O
B
S
O
N

they run about the same, nigger

>All that are left are gays
can you fuck off with this shit
it's mostly white and black teenagers and white moms
all of them straight

>religious
>also thinks god isn't busy with other things and actually gives enough of a shit to care about who's sticking what where

>i don't remember 2006 when (PRODUCT RED) was the biggest fucking thing ever
>11 years later it's still going
>implying this wasn't only a matter of time

>easier for Apple to update

But not you, the power user.

Built using a very old version of gamemaker or rpgmaker.

> Applel finally admits they can't regain the pro market with locked down shit meant to be thrown away next year when the new model comes out
What does this mean for the Macbook Pro? will they unfuck it or is that normie garbage with Pro in the title to charge more for it?

>2ill
I read this as "twill"

I understand the change, but I still have a real soft spot for this $5K trashcan.

I mean, the design and engineering is fucking impressive. Fuck the haters.

>Applel finally admits they can't regain the pro market with locked down shit meant to be thrown away next year when the new model comes out
>don't update it for three and a half years
do you even look at the screen to see what you've written before you post?

I remember apple tried there best to make fun of windows 7 in there commercial ad but it didn't halt anyone to get it.

Found the diabetic gamer

Apple pls go.

But that case was amazing. Two housefire Westmeres still ran cool and silent in that case.

>the moron that ported undertale compiled it for PPC

You aren't being subtle, l33t.

>Apple finally catches up to PC manufacturers and releases a normal PC
>chinkpad drones and sour grapes thinKs this BTFOs anything

He didn't actually say working on a completely rethought Mac Pro. They say the Mac Pro is at a complete re-think stage. And that might mean when they have thought about it long enough, they may think it is not worth keeping it in the Apple lineup.

This kind of corporate weasel-speak is designed specifically to allow the public to jump to conclusions that the company can always claim they didn't actually mean.

Believe it when you see it.

I can't wait for David Difranco (From Daviddifranco-dot-cum!) ebegging for a new macpro!

> All of you Machaters BTFO.

Why what did i lose? You are the one wasting money on trash

Read the article.
Will be in 2018.
Hopefully in Ryzen.

>Win 3.1
>0.01%

How can this OS even run modern internet?

You've got some weird reading comprehension mate.

Windows 7 was at best, the least worst Microsoft OS.
It still has BSODs, you can still abuse a exploit that lets you open cmd.exe on lock screen by exploiting system recover from a forced shutdown to open the file picker and change the .exe file name that opens when you press shift/action keys in a quick succession (change filename to cmd.exe and then on the lock screen trigger the prompt and windows will call for cmd.exe instead). Not only that explorer.exe is still tied to the taskbar AND the file manager even on windows 10. Not only that but the UI is shit.

>you can still abuse a exploit that lets you open cmd.exe on lock screen by exploiting system recover from a forced shutdown to open the file picker and change the .exe file name that opens when you press shift/action keys in a quick succession (change filename to cmd.exe and then on the lock screen trigger the prompt and windows will call for cmd.exe instead).
This isn't a bug, is a feature equivalent to the single user mode of Unix. In both cases they need physical Access to the machine, so you're basically btfo.

youtu.be/C-Rk8_4Qo68
rofl it still works even on Win10, just pop system repair and open the file picker and use it to modify files. What a shitty fucking operating system, Jesus...

i'd rate that somewhere in the top 10 of punchable faces

>they still need physical access to the machine
What about the fact that most malware are written for Windows since it's so popular? what about the fact that most OS exploits like this are found on Windows?
>i-it's not a bug I swear, it's a feature!
kys Raj

i did read the article. and they are quoting someone else who also spun their own rephrasing into an article. So it is a game of telephone, which plays right into the hands of corporate weasel-speak.

"We're not going to get into exactly what stage we're in, just that we told the team to take the time to do something really great."

See? There's no timetable there. There's nothing concrete already in the works. Just a public statement trying to get people off their backs and stop the bad press. Just keep stringing 'em along.

I'm not saying it definitely won't come to pass, that a new Mac Pro will be born. I am saying that the weasel-speak is in place, and that is not an encouraging sign.

>modular design
they probably bought out the razer design. gonna cost $5K+ at the very least

nah, they were standard on macs because they started there, back when there was actually a significant difference between the two especially for 2D media and audio work, those differences don't exist anymore and haven't for almost 30 years at this point

>if someone has access to your pc they can royally fuck it
why did you even bother typing that shit? did you read your post before clicking submit?

newfags will never know

lol

>EVEN AMD Athlon XP actually beat the G5
>muh netburst high performance hiberbibeline
the fuck am I reading?

because that's not the case for macbooks. if someone gets access to your mac, it's not only encrypted with FileVault, Find My Mac locks it and prevents it from use if they try to wipe it. Need iCloud bypass which hasn't been found yet.

To clarify, if you realize your mac is lost and you activate FMMB, the laptop places a firmware lock on the computer, so even wiping the drive won't work. You either need that 6 digit pin (not too secure, admittedly, 10^6 isn't a lot of permutations,) or your iCloud account for it to boot again.

This is what happens when macfags get too excited over a iShill™ and hit 2 instead of w.

>the fuck am I reading?
Endlessly reposted bullshit from a literal micropoo shill magazine being regurgitated by a retard from Sup Forums who doesn't know how marketing and benchmarking works, only how to twist it to back up his feeble minded shitposting.

The G5 was still lackluster as a desktop chip due to below-average integer performance, however.

>tripfag
No one gives a fuck about your opinion

Faggot

If it uses nonstandard parts like the Trashcan Pro, it will be worthless. Apple fell into the different proprietary motherboard for every computer model design trap before Steve Jobs came back. That's why they were expensive to produce, buy, and replace. This is what almost killed them before and they're looking to repeat history. They have to be snowflakes with everything they do. Apple programming languages, Apple API's, Apple file systems, Apple networks, Apple file compression, Apple utilities, Apple ports. They can't work with the community. They hate standards. They blew off any momentum they had working with the BSD community. Tim let their desktop OS and computers wither on the vine, and Google is already taking a bite out of the education market.