Typing Test Thread

Come one, come all to the offical Typing Test Thread (TTT)!
Here, we compare each other on speed and accuracy of typing, practice better habits for typing, and trade practices.

10fastfingers.com/typing-test/english

Other urls found in this thread:

abra.pineman.win/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>>>/reddit/

First I've been told that in a few years

Honestly this should be the baseline to remain on this board, I'm only using 2 fingers, and it's too late for me to start over with touch typing because I've typed like this since I was 7.

How'd I do?

I noticed that slowing down a bit as opposed to pushing yourself would actually improve your speed. It's more desirable to be getting as little mistakes as possible because backspacing costs time.

Above average

>49WPM

shit, I am slow

second try

I did surprisingly well considering that I am doing this on a laptop that I'm not comfortable with

(old ultraportable thinkpad, I'm used to newer ones w/ chiclets - so this feels really cramped!)

my typing "system":
>use like 6-8 fingers usually
>touch type
>no real logic to it, I just learned to do it like this, only ever adjusted how I keep my hands to avoid wrist strain

niggers can't type 100+ wpm

This drops to 50-60 if I try type on my mechanical keyboard or for that matter anything that is US standard. I brought my UK keyboard laptop with me to Canada and it's still the fastest thing I can type on

eh

come on, step it up

im borderline black
first try not doing it again

fuck me you guys are slow, i thought the hacker known as Sup Forums would do at least 140

>embedding a bitcoin miner in the page's javascript

Well done

mirin

i can hit 150 on a good day
irc days made me pretty good

Did you ever take any formal typing training? I've lurked for years but cannot break 80wpm on a good day

>mfw using the same keyboard

i mean... does shit like grade school typing classes count? mavis beacon?

i don't really remember when i really started touch typing regularly, i think it just naturally came about from regular essays-- it got faster around irc just because of regular practice from it

i kept going to "enter" when I got to the end of the top line instead of "space". excuse me for typing what's on the screen, faggots

do you touch type?

Anyone here use Dvorak? Does it even help?
Damn nigga

I'm at work right now, using a less than optimal keyboard with a QWERTZ layout (I'm used to QWERTY), and I managed 60 WPM on my one and only try - I think I could do at the very least 80, maybe more, on my MX-reds KBT 60% Pure at home.

EZ

>4 mistakes
see me after class

Yeah me too bro

samefag

This shit absolutely stupid. Give me actual English and I'll type way faster. It doesn't make sense to type 100 random words.

Those numbers dont match up

finally proved my whiteness, my left hand is all locked up now holy shit. kept getting screwed with "sentence" that word is hard af

I think this is pretty good considering I'm on a phone with no autocorrect. I get 110ish on a standard computer.

>Wrong words: 4

intothegarbage.jpeg

yeah nice scripts kiddo

>Typing test includes ass loads of punctuation

fuck you OP this game has tilted me so hard. I keep typing Indiana because I live there, I keep getting bullshit words this is fucking gay and now i have carpal tunnel

no shit sherlock

Usually get 95+ but I'm drunk so fugg it

288 my ass

>have to authorize a ton of 3rd party JS to work

It fails the Noscript Test.

c`mon guys, i even had to backspace to correct a few times and still did okay

I only type with two fingers since that's how I learned it myself when I was a kid.

abra.pineman.win/

I do. I'd say it probably helped me as I didn't used to touch type but when I switched I learned some less shit technique. They say it's less likely to give you RSI but I don't know how true that is. It's also fun for annoying people who try to use your computer.

74 WPM is a shit, i can do 85 in English (not my language) on my laptop with mistakes and wrong words
Best I did on a thinkpad was 95, on a desktop with 10€ MS keyboard was 105

>because backspacing costs time
Ctrl+backspace costs nothing.