Fedora 26

Why aren't you alpha-testing for Redhat/NSA?

Just upgraded from 25, everything just wreks without breaking anything.

>distro named after a literal meme

nope

i dual boot. seems that GRUB got somehow fucked and takes 20 attempts to boot either OS. i've booted into Windows a month ago and left it that way. when 26 finally comes out i'll use it as an opportunity to restore the boot sectors and sort this mess out.

>using something called fedora at all
You should consider suicide

>internet jokes dictate my life
you're the ones who should consider suicide, lads

And openpepe has a better meme.

I literally (LITERALLY) CANNOT decide between Fedora and OpenSUSE.

Help

go for fedora and literally don't look back

fedora, opensuse has some shitty configs

>don't look back
As in
>ignore the botnet :^)

im waiting for final release

t. POSReady user

whats so good about fedora?
srs question

Because I'm still on fedora 24 and will continue to be until support ends.

It's the favorite desktop distro of NSA

this helps?

it pushes out kernel updates and new features very quickly and still manages to be quite stable. also, most things "just work" out of the box, apart from AV codecs which take 20 seconds to install.

Other than a fact that creator of Linux kernel use it, it just works for both side of the fence. I.E. for casuals with proprietary softwares and as well as autistics.

OpenSUSE it is then.

Linus Torvalds uses Fedora.

Anyone use fedora rawhide? How stable is it compared to the other rolling release distros?

Exactly as the name suggests; like not waring a condom.

Why the fuck wayland still doesn't work with nvidia?

No,

YOU are literally trying to live the meme. Also: you forgot to tip your fedora.

I have been on xubuntu for like 2 years. How do you live without .deb's?
Isn't like every mainstream stuff makes .deb's first?

I would really like to switch to fedora but I just don't know how I could cope with the lack of .debs :(

>NSA/systemd

No thanks!

Because nvidia refused to use the standard everyone else including nouveau uses.

Why not just use Solus

>looks good
>most optimised x86 Distro
>just werkz

Gnome 3.24 supports EGLStreams

It's a waste of resources, nvidia's going to move to the new API that's being developed to replace GBM and everyone else uses GBM.

>this is the nu Sup Forums

> Still defending neck beard distro.
> Blames Sup Forums and current year.

Isn't f26 alpha?

please go back to reddi.t

>has no software

Considering that the Linux kernel is literal dogshit, not a very compelling argument.

They ship Wayland/Gnome as their default display server/de. You do want to be a part of the future, right?

No, I want out

I will fight you irl

Yes it does, stop lying.

Tripfag, plz leave

Fedora existed before the fat fuck wearing a hat picture, retard.

Because I'm using Solus

That font gave me cancer.

Most stuff that's get put out in .deb is also put out in .rpm which is what opensuse and fedora use.

Why does .rpm exist?

A better question is why does .deb exist. RPM came before deb and used to be pretty much the standard across all distros.

>GNOME
That's a bad thing

>Wayland
Whether a distro uses X or Wayland makes no difference to me as an end user, so this is irrelevant as well

I mean is there any advantage over one compared to the other?

Debian was a mistake.

Nah I'm pretty sure Torncucks doesn't use any headwear.

Off the top of my head:

keepassxc
alpine
dwarf fortress
enscript

Also

god damn it Kevin, stop shilling

Is rawhide a true rolling release distro?

Also, is it still impossible to get X Plane running due to dependencies that don't fucking exist in the Solus repos?

I'm done shilling, I was just stating why I'm not using Solus.

But user I just updated to Fedora 25 a month ago.

rawhide.
Lol enjoy no packages.
Second this. YaST is a god-tier.

Personally, I hate the small inconsistencies that you would think could be fixed easily. For instance, the different border radius between the dock and the outline/background of the software menu icon on the left. It just looks unpolished and ugly.

Solus doesn't even have Chromium, you dumb kid

Solus has plenty of packages though.

There's plenty of alternatives. Just use Chrome, firefox, or midori.

Or I could not install Solus and use the software I actually want.

>Debian was a mistake.
You convinced me to switch to fedora from xubuntu. Thanks

Not really. It used to be that a lot of package managers were pretty bad at resolving rpm dependencies which is why deb was made but they are pretty much the same now. I just wish that Debian had tried improving rpm instead of making their own thing so that we could have had some semblence of unified packages today.

Is fedora botnet?
Post proof Sup Forums

I'm excited for it to get released. See if wayland gets better support. I'm loving 25, sweetest distro I've used. Coming from Arch.

But apt has shit dependency solver, shit kept getting broken when I was using ubuntu, I'm using opensuse and zypper now and it works like a charm.

Do you do any real work on your computer? It's obvious you don't but tell me how f26 improves your work over f25. Since you don't really know how to use a computer for anything productive switch to rawhide and you can pretend you're special by having the latest version of packages. Meanwhile the rest of us will be enjoying stability.

No, I just shitpost on the internet and my shitposting has increased 35% with F26.

>chromium
>actually wanting it
Are you autistic?