How to kill your site

Other urls found in this thread:

allmusic.com/
greasyfork.org/en/scripts/24634-allmusic-noadblock-killer
supportfreecontent.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Who gives a fuck about their site if it's created to make money, but doesn't bring any?

A large userbase of freeloaders brings in a few cash whales. Literally every F2P model in existence.

Its not hard to block those elements m8

This is the absolutely 100% correct solution to the problem.
If you need a service you pay for it.

If you don't think $12 a year a service OR disabling adblocking is worth your time/money, you probably didn't need said service in the first place.

Look for an alternative service or solution.
It ain't rocket science

>will pay $5 at starbucks for coffee
>won't pay $5 a month for the waking up with sam harris podcast

I won't pay for any because both are tHrash.

>adblockers should actually be detecting this and blocking
>adblockers should be preventing popups
>instead adblockers block basically only the good clean ads
Literally what the fuck????
I know it's so easy to just manually block the elements ourselves, but why even have an adblock in the first place if they aren't doing their basic fucking job?

Brave save us

>$12 a year a service
the only site that might even come CLOSE to that amount of profit for ads for one person is google. that's an insane amount. maybe this was bait, but I wouldn't pay more than 10 cents a year for clickbait garbage

$12 a year for a service you use everyday is pennies

or I can block the element and continue to use it for free

yep

>tfw can't use r34hentai for months because of popups

Then try it. I'd love to hear your rules that actually make the site usable again.

What is Adguard?

allmusic.com/
Go ahead.

You can't be THIS retarded.

All I want you to do is visit that site and make it usable without allowing ads (or paying them money).
Surely wouldn't take you long?

Note: The message appears a few seconds after the site is loaded.

I see you've been browsing our site for 15 seconds. Would you like to subscribe to our weekly newsletter?

Not him but disable javascript. There are a few areas that break but from my experience the site remains about 90% usable.

>Yeah, just disable JavaScript on YouTube, a few things might break, but ~90 % of the site remains usable

Who the fuck is talking about youtube?

>what is a metaphor
What do you think a site called "allmusic.com" is used for? How do you think they achieve this?

>what is a metaphor
It's irrelevant to the specific question being posed is what it is.

Yesterday I saw an article on this site that I wanted to read, and uBlock Origins was able to remove it, but it came back a few seconds later. I din't think to disable JS but that would probably work.

I just stopped visiting AllMusic

RIP

Nah it doesn't, i tried blocking JS the last time this faggot made this same thread a month ago.
It loads everything through JS and that pop up has a dynamic filename.

Netflix proves people are willing to pay for an ad-free experience if the content is good and high quality enough. Free music is everywhere, though.

This is good.

Stop trying to help people. The tech illiterate can pay by watching soul draining ads. Everyone else will just disable element/js and move on (bonus points for fancier solutions, I love the challenge). We don't need anti-adblocker technology to get better because it can get a hell of a lot worse than what it currently is.

Wait, this is just a music review site. Well, guess they're fucked.

>Netflix
DRM riddled piece of shit. You've got to be retarded to pay for that.

The problem isn't even the popup. You can find a filter that reliably blocks it just fine. But the site will reload whenever it detects that the popup has been blocked. Making it basically unusable.
allmusic.com##*:matches-css(z-index: 2147483647)

This. Plus you can download movies and other content with Netflix now on your phone and tablet which is great for listening to comedy specials on long road trips. Also I've been watching the new Archer season and have been meaning to watch some more shows on Netflix. Spotify is another service I pay for too.

yeah that's why i said it has a dynamic filename, even you filter it it'll reload with another filename

Which is why the people saying "just the block the element" ITT are full of shit.

>You've got to be retarded to pay for that.

A lot of people are retarded, then.

> Only instructions on how to disable the adblocker globally
leconspiringhands.jpg

>Whaaa I want to access things for free

Grow the fuck up you buch of entitled babies

Yes.

That filter will always match the popup. It may dynamically change its element name. But it always uses the same CSS.
The filter will however not stop the script from reloading the site when it detects that the popup has been removed.

Maybe find an extension that disables automatic reloading.

> This is good
I really don't want to go through the hassle of disabling JS or manually blocking elements just to check a review of an album or someone's discography. Oh, well

They are.

>888

Heil heil Hitler!

The only music reviewer you need is Antonio Pantano you cuck.
Stop listening to worthless opinions

>waaah fuck the user if these ads install malware on their computers!

Nah, most of these sites dynamically change CSS as well.
Even if it reloads the filter should catch it again, it's happened to me on other sites that auto reload stuff and it catches it.

Site works perfectly fine without JS.

>using a z-index that high
Are all web developers this retarded?

the problem of blocking any given anti-blocking popup message is reduceable to the halting problem

Try this
greasyfork.org/en/scripts/24634-allmusic-noadblock-killer

it's the max z-index. why use a value other than max when your intent is to show it over anything the user can put in its way?

of course it works, you can't listen to shit though

block the modal you autist
most of these '''anti ad-blockers''' do jackshit

took me less than 3 seconds to block that popup
c'mon op...

Z-index is relative so you can make it as high as you want, but if its parent element has a lower z-index than its sibling, the aforementioned element will still render below anything in that sibling.

you only had to disable the allmusic script

Should have waited 3 seconds longer

But I didn't do anything. That is my default configuration.

>Should have waited 3 seconds longer
I did and it still worked

that works btw

>But I didn't do anything. That is my default configuration.
wait a minute, that wasn't mine...
what's wrong with my umatrix

No, I mean, i set it up to block all JavaScript by default. I did not disable any scripts on that site manually.

Why would I use these shitty streaming sites instead of pirating music and copying it to my phone?

OR you can disable this one script and the anti-ad thing will never come up, regardless of JS.

>No, I mean, i set it up to block all JavaScript by default. I did not disable any scripts on that site manually.
oh shit for some reason mine isn't blocking scripts by default
how can I change this?

>listening to music from allmusic
since when has this been a thing
it's slightly better than no JS at all but some things such as user reviews still don't load

I just did it by adding * * script block
but thanks for showing an easier way
fuck, it was so simple...

nevermind the webm. don't think it'd work globally.

go to dashboard, then in "my rules" add
* * script block

wrong image

Fuck me, I did some more testing and the way it works in the webm actually works.

you're not entitled to content on the web

disable your adblocker, pay for it, or stop using it.

weird how it's your choice to browse a website and their choice to not let you browse it right

t. web developer

allmusic.com##script:contains(MozBinding)

all this obsfucated code and anti-adblock js..
would be better to just stop using that site

I'm curious how did you deobsfucate it?

Did you just go into it and find abp in the code suggesting that it was to do with adblock?

This. We need good free paywall software so we can get rid of advertisement once and for all.
And the tracking can be limited to a verification process that sees if people have access or not.
Right now the only reasons companies go along with the tracking is so they can get more money from advertisement companies. If that carrot goes away, so will most of the tracking.

It might decrease some traffic to some sites for a while, but a lot of sites already require you to log in and that does not stop users. Not even sites where the logon fails if you don't pay.

>would be better to just stop using that site
Or maybe use it more, just to waste their bandwidth

But I agree, I'd ditch it immediately. It's not even worth the effort unless they're literally the only website on the internet that have something you want.

uBlock Origin and uMatrix.

btw, the first option mentioned is supportfreecontent.com/
if anyone else was curious, looks like a new form of the recently shutdown Flattr (without the "flattr plus" by the shady AdBlockPlus company)
but that uses browser extension instead of a crosss site button... so i guess it distributes your shit automatically insted of manual voting on content, HAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAH

>you can't listen to shit though
yes you can
writte a simple bookmarlet that assign HREF = DATASAMPLEURL

most sites functionalities can be replaced with bookmarklets or a heavier greasemonkey script, allthewhile skipping a bunch of useless hipster JS crap

i checked it creates some random element without class

to block these you have to learn thge blocking syntax and use nth-of-type of nht-child ... something like that, its no super easy for the layman, im not sute how to do it myself either

oh also, you cant inspect the page and delete it manually at every page you open, because the script runs continuously and the modal reappears with different code, so it needs to be a generic rule.. that it, with JS enable

but ofc in the case of allmusic.com as stated in the thread, you have bookmarklets and greasemonkey options

>How to kill your site
Don't like it? Fuck off and go find another site that aligns better with your views and needs.

Don't be mad at a site that only LOSES MONEY by catering to parasites such as yourself.

Toodles!

And quic making bullshit threads on Sup Forums. This is not you blog.

>literally a shit music review site
lol who cares

let them die

:^)

not la bad

You are literally mentally challenged. The OP says it's how to kill the site, and your response is "don't visit it". That exactly how it kills the site you moronic pieces of shit.

But it won't kill it, you dumb brainlet. It will actually save it. One they get rid themselves from assholes like OP, site will prosper.

>he can't pirate to his phone directly

Iphone user right?

Got this today on Spectrum's website. Fucking adblocker doesn't even affect it it's just a normal cable channel stream not affecting the ads at all so what the fuck is Spectrum thinking?

Not really. I just don't change my music like I change my clothes, so I'm fine with having it on my computer/external drives and syncing it when I want new songs to listen to, which is rare.

>want to read an article
>pop up ad tells me to disable adblock or it wont let me continue
>reload the page and cancel the load after the page loads and before the pop up appears
>tfw it works and i can browse the whole page just fine

Are you using reeks anti adblock killer?

Here, this list actually solved my own issue thanks.

Isn't that a full-page div that you can just kill through developer tools?

Now I went on a site a couple days ago that would outright redirect you to a dedicated "please disable your adblocker" page. Now that is autism.

Just get around the adblock block. Or go back to piracy. Who pays for music?

why don't they just make CSS support {z-index: max}

Shills ofc

>user is on the spectrum
no surprise there

then pay for it you fucking moron