Win10 or Win7?

Win10 or Win7?
or ...

7 hands down, a fresh install has none of the gay telemetry shit microshaft forced down everyone's throats.

Install Gento

Have kali linux on 1 laptop and win10 on another one. I need (used to) windows but I hate the update system and telemetry of it. Thinking of going back to win7

vista

Windows 7

>kali

hello mr hackerman

I don't remember windows 7 having all that disk and ram usage.

>can't configure win10
>use kali

Win 7 > Win 10 Enterprise LTSB > Shit > Win10

Windows 10 is lighter (after debloating), faster and has more useful features.
Only good thing about Windows 7 is that it doesn't have as much spyware as Windows 10.

>actually installing kali instead of using it as a live distro

>Windows 10 is lighter (after debloating)
wrong, higher cpu usage, gpu performance slightly better because of DX12
>faster
relative
>more useful features
like what, 99% of w10 features that weren't already in previous versions of windows are completely useless

That's nice? Why the fuck are you telling me about it?

10 LTSB 1607 actually scores lower than 7 on my PC in: BioShock Infinite, METRO Last Light, STALKER Call of Pripyat and Unigine Heaven.

Windows 10

>Windows 10

is this really all you do here on Sup Forums?

Windows 10 LTSB N is highly superior to any variant of 7. Standard windows 10 sucks ass.

older than haswell? win 7. none of my 1155 mobo drivers or utilities work on 10.

Just did a clean install of Windows 7 on my laptop yesterday. Windows 10 is acting all weird and shit and worst of all, missing a bunch of drivers

And it comes with a bunch of crap.
>Why the fuck do I need a Twitter app on my laptop

Just use Win10.
Newer is better.

Ubuntu Mate + Windows 10 in a VM

Windows 10 LTSB

Win 7 > Win 10
No debate there...

Make sure to install Win 10 for the most up to date security functions and useability!

Windows 7

Make sure you have this in .bat file:
wusa /uninstall /kb:2902907 /norestart /quiet
wusa /uninstall /kb:2952664 /norestart /quiet
wusa /uninstall /kb:2976978 /norestart /quiet
wusa /uninstall /kb:2976987 /norestart /quiet
wusa /uninstall /kb:2977759 /norestart /quiet
wusa /uninstall /kb:2990214 /norestart /quiet
wusa /uninstall /kb:3021917 /norestart /quiet
wusa /uninstall /kb:3022345 /norestart /quiet
wusa /uninstall /kb:3035583 /norestart /quiet
wusa /uninstall /kb:3046480 /norestart /quiet
wusa /uninstall /kb:3050265 /norestart /quiet
wusa /uninstall /kb:3065987 /norestart /quiet
wusa /uninstall /kb:3068708 /norestart /quiet
wusa /uninstall /kb:3075851 /norestart /quiet
wusa /uninstall /kb:3075249 /norestart /quiet
wusa /uninstall /kb:3080149 /norestart /quiet
wusa /uninstall /kb:3081954 /norestart /quiet
wusa /uninstall /kb:3083324 /norestart /quiet
wusa /uninstall /kb:3083710 /norestart /quiet
wusa /uninstall /kb:3123862 /norestart /quiet
wusa /uninstall /kb:3139929 /norestart /quiet
wusa /uninstall /kb:3150513 /norestart /quiet
wusa /uninstall /kb:3173040 /norestart /quiet

windows 10 china edition because it was going to be less of a botnet.

why?

so uninstall it

Those are updates that retroactively add telemetry to Windows 7

I don't trust you and neither should anybody else
I got my pihole with telemetry blocking active so there's no need for uninstalling anything

>Install windows 7
>Only has the most basic stuff and nothing else

>install Windows 10
>has everything I can need
>I can uninstall what I don't need

>install Windows 7
>missing drivers
>missing features
>worse performance

Windows Embedded Standard 7.

Can choose specifically what you want in your install for a very light OS image, and you'll still receive security updates for the next few years.

I agree, even 3 was better

>not using XP
Shiggy diggy

>not POSReady
ISHYDDT

kek

how could everything go so wrong

More normies using PCs. Normies, being retarded, need dumbed down OS and shit shoved down their throats (ads) to discover new things.

More like

>Win98 had zero privilege scalation, any program could do whatever it wanted
>AVs weren't good enough to keep Windows clean
>Microsoft ditches DOS-based Windows and replace it with NT-based Windows, so that normies don't fuck up their computers so easily
>still not enough
>dumb it down a little more
>Windows Vista
>still not enough
>Windows 7
>go full retard
>Windows 8/8.1
>go pants-on-head retarded
>Windows 10
>still not enough
>...

7 is badly designed but fairly private
10 is well designed but is surveillance software when not configured properly

Pick your poison

>10 is well designed

It's more Unix than 7 ever was.

Guys I need my new chinkpad set up for a 4 year phd, and I don't want to reconfigure everythin in the middle of it so I will actually have to use win10 (at least at some point)

The plus side is I have an EDU version key which has more features than enterprise but no cortana thankfully. So what do I need to do to get rid of all the spyware, adware etc. Is there a way to make the start menu (ads popup menu) usable? is there a way to disable the metro thing altogether?

>10 is well designed
You mean badly designed. It's probably the worst designed Windows ever.

I'm not really talking about the GUI.

desu they just ported all the fuckups over from Windows 8.1

I also think they're working on a general update for the GUI so we'll see.

Neither I. There's also two music players, two photo viewers, two rowsers, everything is a hodgepodge

>they just ported all the fuckups over from Windows 8.1
and from windows 7 too

guess why microsoft needs to force updates? because forcing you to reboot is literally the only way they can keep it safe

reminder that microfsodt fired all their graphic designers

I have 7 on my PC and 10 on my Mom's laptop. I hate 10.

I'm looking forward to upgrading to Ryzen from my Phenom II but I don't like that Microsoft is forcing Windows 10 on it.

it just took one kid with win98 paint to "design" windows 10

Use an offline updater, older versions of Windows will run fine on Poozen and Delid Lake

Fun fact: Ryzen was validated on W7 only, they assumed it would work the same on W10

>AMD
>quality control

>Microsoft is forcing Windows 10 on it.
>muh updates
if you want to install windows updates just use WSUS offline

>i don't trust you
Literally all his code does is tell the windows update program (/wusa) to uninstall the given updates without restarting (/norestart) and without displaying a fuckton of text (/quiet). Anyone who ever used a windows cmd would understand that.

Windows 8.1 with classic shell.

>Win10 or Win7?
>or ...
Gentoo.
Install Gentoo.

Anyone got a guide to get rid of spyware on windows 10?

This. It fixed the only reason I really cared about Windows 7. The good ol' start menu.

Also, Windows 7 will be officially dead in 2020, so at least I get an extra three years. It'll be a long time before Windows 10 finally gets its chance to fuck me.

LTSB only

Nice, thanks

Here's a better one

I had to go back to Windows for the first time in 10 years over the last month.
I am shocked by how shitty it is. It's slow, there's a dearth of tools, no multiple desktops, and no terminal.
10 years ago when you moved to Linux it was a step back. It feels like that going to windows today.

>Normies, being retarded, need dumbed down OS
This simply isn't true.

Windows 7 until it vanishes completely from Steam.

>forced updates and driver updates isn't dumbing down

7 was shit

>from Steam.
Eh?

>slut waifu poster
>shitting on 7
smug.Kaname.Chidori.exe.jpg

It is dumbing down.
Normies don't need it.
They really don't.
They are as able to use computers now as they were 10 years ago. None of this flat design/mobilification is needed or wanted.

When the developers I like stop making games with 7 as the minimum requirement, as they did with Vista not so long ago, then it's time to move on.

It was. Mine has gone through an ordeal with updates eating one of the CPU cores. I couldn't get it back to normal.
Updates are now disabled and if I run them manually it hangs there forever.

So no updates. Which is perfectly fine. Security updates are a meme and regular updates are actually breakages.

both are literal botnet tier cancer

You gotta be retarded if you think Windows 10 is lighter and faster. Windows 10 is full of fucking bloatware. Even after disabling the spying services Microsoft continues to send info to their serves, without user consent. Also, it is full of bugs. 100% cpu usage, 100% ram usage, 100% hdd usage. Search the Internet, thousands of people complain about Winshit 10 eating all their resources. There is no reason to own Windows 10 unless youre a gamer and want to game in dx12 or if youre a faggot who likes to keep up with the latest gen of things because "muh cool"

Actually, you shouldnt even be using Windows. Linux just blows it out of proportion.

Windows 7 is easy to use right out-of-the-box. You don't need to go into a "Settings app" and change shit so that Micro$oft stops spying on you. It just works right after installing. No bullshit. Controllable updates. Windows Aero. Looks much better. Looks professional. Is used by professionals. Etc.
Windows 7 is the last OS from Microsoft to be a true desktop-class, business-grade operating system for professionals and enthusiast. Windows 10 is a Fisher Price toy for Microsoft fanboys and their gay little "apps".

If you insist on Windows, Windows 8

just use ancile, user

Win 7. If you MUST get something newer then get 8.1. Win 10 is garbage.

Windows 10 is far superior at this point.

There's no point in getting Windows 7 at this point. Unless you are using legacy hardware.

The whole "telemetry" is really just a more frequency version of "sending error reports to MS" and what other internet companies have been doing for decades.

"Legacy Hardware"

Yeah no, im not ditching my computer for this shitty os

this desu

Why the hell do people care about privacy so much? Unless you're doing illegal shit on your computer you shouldn't give a fuck. People care so much about the security on their computer, but what about your phone? Android and IOS spy on you 24/7

What's your address? I want to watch you from your window.

>Windows 7 will be officially dead in 2020
What do you mean by officially dead? Is it still getting updates?

dont at w7 guys it saved us of wxp that was the worst shit ever

windows 10, not even memeing.

Well I have nothing to hide, really. If you want to watch me jerk off I don't have a problem with that (':

h-hot

Still waiting for that address

Gtfo and kys

Windows 8, don't fall for the 8.1 meme

256 Ashland Ave
Winnipeg, Canada

kek

>Cucknada

nope