UNITY FAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

UNITY FAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lpl6SO_zKls
arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/12/fedora-25-review-the-best-linux-distro-of-2016-arrived-at-the-last-moment/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I3 master race.

What do you think the fork that takes over will be called?

GNOME 3

Reasons to use Ubuntu: U̶n̶i̶t̶y̶

Unity 8 is doa. Sad!

#MUGA

Reasons not to use Ubuntu: U̶n̶i̶t̶y̶

It is sad, the only usable, aesthetic and onvenient de is gone.

Are you being sarcastic?

Is it wrong to like the Unity interface?

why left unity behind?

KDE is the only DE that matter anyway.

>not using openbox
shiggy

That's actually really sad. I like Unity and Unity 8 was shaping up to be pretty sweet. Hopefully 18.04 won't just ship with default GNOME and they'll at least implement a global menu a la Unity.

No

>KDE
>mattering
>ever

That was funny

I am saving this for future reference

There are no UI kits or desktop environments on GNU Linux that make a system look consistent. Sad.

Make Ubuntu Great Again

But will Ubuntu have a filepicker?

Unity was nicer than gnome 2bh

Too bad, Gnome is even worse than Unity

>it's so hard to install matching QT and GTK themes
keep crying newfag

Incredibly

While I didn't like unity, I still think this is bad news.
I loved that canonical threw money at real linux problems and when they fail, it seems like a lot of time and money is wasted.
I thought my next phone would be a ubuntu phone, now kde is more likely.
But they don't sell their own hardware.

Literally prescribing two UI kits to solve the problem of having to install multiple UI kits.
Nice meme

Unity looka way cooler than GNOME and the performance is pretty much the same, so fuck off shill

You realize that on Windows, you have the .net bullshit, gtk, and qt. So you have 3 different themes to maintain if you want consistency instead of 2.

>Unity looka way cooler than GNOME
macfag detected

>I unironically think it looks good to have a gigantic unremovable dock which gets it's aesthetics from fischer price

wtf i love unity now

>calling other things fisher price when your application menu looks like this

It's not any worse than the application menu on Unity. The primary difference is that on Gnome everything gets the fuck out of your way when you are using the desktop.

>your application launcher
I use krunner in KDE

>everything gets the fuck out of your way when you are using the desktop

>The primary difference is that on Gnome everything gets the fuck out of your way when you are using the desktop
Like the xbox hueg titlebars?

you can't be doa if you never arrive

but 420 dude

yeah, wtf gnome

Gnome devs are retarded, see

No matter what DE I use, one of the first things I do is disable window decorations such as borders and the titlebar.

I use gnome3 unfortunately, there's a lot of things wrong with it, but the title-bar is the most obviously ugly and unnecessarily huge piece of shit.

I've used every other DE available and I've always loved how Unity handled title-bars

So then Mir is dead? That means Wayland wins.

soon to come to gnome

2017 year of the Linux desktop

Do you always press two buttons just to drag a window? I think the simple mouse button is enough for that, and window menus are still there.

Unity looks perfect, how the title-bar merges with the task-bar was one of the best things I've ever seen in any DE, absolutely brilliant design, thanks Canonical.

>implying Gnome isn't worse
how the mighty have fallen
anyone remember 8.04? the theme and the applications and ease of use? it shat on windows

I hope this is a good thing, since the developers arent chained by having to support legacy clients they are going to port unity to other distributions aswell, using modern apis.
I also hope there will be a standalone version for unity panel(and titlebars and menus integration) without the huge ass launcher, that pops up even on desktop expo(why even?).

>tfw I really like Unity 7
>dreaded the day Unity 8 would actually ship because it looked like trash
>now they're killing it off for even worse trash

Gnome shell is flawed by design, plus the devs are pedantic faggots who won't ever listen to the community ideas.
It was really the best design i've seen.

Yeah Unity was pretty good. Lazy bastards just don't want to deal with it anymore. Hopefully it gets forked into a more stable DE.

I mean doesn't mean I'm leaving cinnamon or MATE on my computers (or an arch base for that matter), but it is a bit distressing. GNOME devs are absolute fucks who would rather take everybody on the ruse cruise of refusing to keep their toolkits consistent.

Oh and add fucking thumbnails.

I bet if everyone started tweeting at canonical they would throw money at the GNOME devs and make them add proper thumbnail support

>throw money at the GNOME devs
>not throwing money to competent developers (KDE)

Ehhhhh can't say I'm into KDE as much as I used to be. I recently gave cinnamon a try and it's basically a GTK KDE imo, and I honestly like it a little more in terms of stability, performance, and just that I use more GTK applications so don't have to play the UI game.

I'm also not big on Dolphin's Ui since I feel like it wastes some space

gnome3 is not fucking developed anymore

>Replacing a GNOME 3 derivative with the master turd itself
Literally who cares, everyone jumped ship already

then why switch?

Canonical will most likely build unity using gnome shell as a basis, much like cinnamon.

You know it, man

FUUUUUUG Unity is master race-tier and Gnome is nigger-tier.

WTF are you thinking Ubuntu?

Why dont you like
Sup Forumsnome?

Man at least Unity runs fine. Gnome is a pain in the ass to customize, not much less than Unity, and has laggy animations.

this.

KDE 3 was really popular in the past and it still be the 2nd or 3rd most popular.

>We are stuck with garbage gtk and gnome
>If you want qt you have to use KDE
>No Unity 8

Welp, time to buy a mac.

>KDE Developers
>Competent
I would post a longer reply but KWin segfaulted

I just tried out Gnome 3 now and what a pile of dogshit it is. Conclusion: unity is better, faster, more polished. There is less unused space.

Any pics of what it's gonna look like?

>use the shit gnome 3 + unity
>abandon unity
>still using the shit gnome 3

Whats the fuss about?

Also windows 10 master race and have fun with your half assed environment

Probably gnome but with a ubuntu-esque color scheme(and probably some tweaks).

But we're not using Windows 10

>Uses GNOME classic mode by default with extensions installed for Unity esque title bars and dock

>Turns out not being much of a difference anyways and Sup Forums overplayed the effects again
>Because let's be honest Ubuntu Phone was never gonna work

Only on a moral level.

>implying unity is not running over the gnome 3

wew

pic related is me right now
the only way i could install nvidia drivers for gtx 1080 was through unity
tried ubuntugnome and had the generic purple screen/grey screen where you cant switch tty

>buy a mac
>shit DE
>shit lags on DE

wew my friend

>>shit DE
>>shit lags on DE

Yes, you can install GNOME 3 on a mac, but why would you do that?

youtube.com/watch?v=lpl6SO_zKls

>Unity 8 was already 80% functional
>they kill it

I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU SHITTLEWORTH

Is he our /Todd Howard/?

Sup Forumsermin don't get to decide

what do i switch to that has support for nvidia gtx 1080? tried fedora 25 and ubuntugnome 16.10 and couldnt get past the grey screen
my install process is
1. take 1080 out, switch mobo to IGP
2. install os in IGP mode where it doesnt even know about the 1080 and doesnt activate nouvaeu
3. install cuda 8 which installs latest drivers
4. shutdown, plug in 1080, switch to gpu, boot

so far this only worked with ubuntu 16.04 unity but im willing to mess with other distros if they can make it work

But I am from /jp/.

Wow, unity 8 would've been dope, even comfier than current unity.

>unity = crap
>gnome = crap
>kde = bugs
>xfce = screen tearing
>mate = windows 95
>cinnamon = just a shit gnome 3
>i3, bspwm, awesome, etc = much complicated
>go to mac
>shit DE
>lags and more lags on interface
>go to windows
>reboot and more reboots for install a update
>candy crush and other shits on start menu
>inconsistency everywhere

We desktop users are literally fucked!

Well... It was highly dependent on mir, which is a piece of shit.

The is budgie which will be using QT soon and the developer is really passionate about the project, also it has a sane interface.

>a future without ubuntu
>sjws destroy debian
>gnu/linux become systemd/fedora

>inconsistency everywhere
Literally this. There is not a single consistent looking desktop environment on any system. I understand that on linux there are different groups of people with different views on the user interface, but on ms windows and macs it is just ridiculous? They get paid for that shit ffs...

>mate = windows 95
>Wish we could turn back time
>To the good old days

>Shiggy
Is it 2014 again?

>using gimped piece of crap
diggity-doo

Wish someone competent could pick this up

>competent
This is a rare thing today. Even rarer than people with money.

>There is not a single consistent looking desktop environment on any system.

Budgie when it's done being ported to qt.

Enjoy your retard devs who keep removing features and refuse to add basic functionality like a fucking thumbnail view in the file picker.

>Unity is finally usable and stable
>lel lets drop it and use SWJnome with its amazing maps and cooking apps instead

Go fuck yourself canonical, seriously, go fuck yourself.

Enjoy the most bloated desktop ever created.

Sup Forums loved to hate on Unity and now that it's going away it's hot shit? let's get real: Unity ONLY worked on Ubuntu. Mir was ONLY for Ubuntu. By switching to GNOME they are bringing the community together again.

By the way, Ars Technica called Fedora 25 with GNOME the best Linux distro of the year:

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/12/fedora-25-review-the-best-linux-distro-of-2016-arrived-at-the-last-moment/

I personally can't wait for Unity to die.