/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Moto G5 Plus - The BEST Phone Under $200
youtu.be/VizaH-5VnTE

Samsung Galaxy S8 vs Google Pixel XL - Speed Test!
youtu.be/UK8K-lhDFVw

LG G6 review: participation award
theverge.com/2017/4/5/15188830/lg-g6-2017-review-phone-specs

Moto G5 Plus Is Only 7% Slower Than Google Pixel XL In Speed Test Comparison
youtube.com/watch?v=ItTd4FFMsmw

Huawei P10 review: two steps back
theverge.com/2017/4/3/15159078/huawei-p10-review-price-specs

Nokia 6 review: Back in black
gsmarena.com/nokia_6-review-1597.php

old

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a3_2017-review-1554p3.php
theverge.com/2017/4/3/15159078/huawei-p10-review-price-specs
androidauthority.com/lenovo-moto-g5-plus-review-752963/amp/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I know this is the Smartphone general, but do any of you have a dumb phone?
Im thinking about buying one as a backup, or for certain situations when I dont want to take my phone out and break it.

redpill me on touchwiz

Nokias are decent but currently there aren't any LTE dumbphones and 2g/3g is being shut down in a few years in the US.

best compact phone?
I was using a sony experia Z1 compact up until now, but I need a new one.

I'm thinking about the Sony Xperia X Compact, but maybe I should go with something that isn't sony.
Any suggestions?

Galaxy A3 2017 and iPhone SE are the only good alternatives to the Sony Compact phones

Just get a BLU R1 HD for $60 off Amazon, or a prepaid Moto G4 Play for $50

Only going to be able to get 3g 1900mhz on my Xiaomi Redmi 4 on T-Mobile USA. How slow will that be?

Thanks for the suggestions.
iphones aren't for me, but the Galaxy A3 2017 looks interesting. But I'm a bit worried about the very small 2350 mAh battery

Just cancel the fucking order

It actually gets excellent battery life for that battery size
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a3_2017-review-1554p3.php

fuuggggggggg u found me

battery hog of a botnet.

oh, that's very impressive, thanks for bringing that to my attention.

>Buy flagship unlocked for $700 and get $60, 2-year plan available to the general public
>Put down $200 towards my flagship and pay $55 per month for two years through my company for more minutes and more data (plus pooled amount) than the comparable publicly available plan
>Initial cash outflow of $700 and subsequent cash outflows of $60, total PV of future cash payments is $1,666 assuming a 3% interest rate
>Initial cash outflow of $200 and subsequent cash outflows of $55 with PV of $1,098

Gee, I wonder which makes more sense

there's no redpilling everyone agrees it's shit

Best image viewer for Android?

Actually I am sort of having this problem now. My grandmother is still using an ancient CDMA Nokia 3560, and Telus is ending CDMA support in Ontario on May 31. I would like to just get her a 3G dumb / feature phone that will work on the new network... maybe that Nokia 3310 remake?

botnet or non-botnet?

Quickpic senpai

I'm ready.

Goddamn that Moto g5 Plus review is fucking awesome
>Dayquon's PCS

>Runnin 7.0 Nugget. So you can be down with the Nugget Boys, shout out to the nugget boys.

>shit, shower, and shave budget phone

Nice

The new 3310 is 2G GSM only.
Dumb move on Nokia's part.

Still no Moto G5 vs G5+ comparison?

Got myself some Moto G4 recently.

I see the battery usage as really average, perhaps as much as I had with my previous phone. Problem I see is that what's draining the battery most is what seems like poor connectivity. Mobile network signal gets pretty red even when WiFi is turned on and it seems like it might be the cause of a few quick battery drops.

Is my only solution to use some sort of "profile" so whenever WiFi gets detected it drops data completely?

Just buy le max 2 and get 4g everywhere

I want to flash a custom rom onto my Axon 7, which one is customizable and not shit?

Why is the Moto G5 Plus not available in Yurop in most sites I look? And why is it waay over $200 here?

>Huawei P10 review: two steps back
>theverge.com/2017/4/3/15159078/huawei-p10-review-price-specs
..t.t.t.thanks for another utterly useless "review" of a phone.

How hard is it for someone to review a phone to actually connect a pair of headphones to it and listen to it? Or test the speaker(s)? Or try actually driving around with the GPS? Or tell us what geekbench and antutu scores it gets? Or share it's battery life and SOT?

There are a few 20 year olds from India on jewtube that manage to actually check and share the important information. It's a bit annoying to listen to their poor indian english but they atleast have something useful to say.

Review like that seems to be written by some 60 year old white guy who never used his phone for more than making a telephone call.

It wont work in Canada on anything other than Rogers.. And only for 6 months(2g is shut down Q4 of this year)

This is why i'm replacing my dual sim phone now... 1 sim is 4G(for data) but my calling/texting sim can only work at 2G if i have 3g/4g on the other sim. I wonder if more people know about this, since i'm guessing theres even less support for 2G is other first world nations.

How hard would it be to hold s8+ no problem with 6p but I might go with just the s8

Redpill me on chink phones

What do normies do with smartphones? I only have one so I can wank on the go. I tried social media and couldn't do it.

Social meed and sexting. For which they always NEED flagships.

Those generous taxes you subsidize Mohammad and his 15 kids and 5 wives with have to be added to your final price

Flagships are the only ones with good cameras. And they're so overpowered they can stay fast even when normies fill them up with shit apps and never root/debloat/install curryrom

androidauthority.com/lenovo-moto-g5-plus-review-752963/amp/

The specs tell all anyways

Is there any reason why anyone wouldn't get a ZUK Z2 Pro?

Why are so many animefags into smartphones?

Getting the S8+ and I need advice on a good screen protector. I've never had a curved screen before, is there anything specific to look for other than tempered glass?

Need help choosing between honor 5x and HTC Desire 820. They will both set me back 239 dollarydoos

I just want a music player that can play music from folders. Is that too much to ask? Everything seems to just scan your whole phone and throw all the music together.

5X because better screen and SoC

MortPlayer Music is the decent only one I've found that plays from folders instead of the horrible "scan everything, sort by metadata" shit that unfortunately everything else seems to use now.

Can anyone recommend a phone that's good for running emulators?

Cheers senpai. How easy is it to root? Heard bad things about EMUI

Not sure, but rooting either of those phones wouldn't be easy considering Mediatek SoC in the Desire and the EMUI, but check XDA because I'm sure there's something on XDA about the 5X considering it's Snapdragon powered

$.005 have been deposited into you're account

I'm seriously asking.
The battery isn't removable but that's really a problem for me.
The camera issues have been fixed since the standard Z2.

Does it have any hidden flaw?

that's not really a problem*

starting to feel like time to upgrade from my 2nd gen Moto G.. looking at the Axon 7, seems like everything I'm looking for but are there any deal-breaking weaknesses according to Sup Forums...?

I also wonder if it's worth waiting a few more months to see if they announce the 8 or some sort of 2017 refresh.. can't seem to find even any rumors about the next Axon phone on their forums or elsewhere so maybe it's pretty far off still..

The Axon 7 is a great phone, especially after the latest optimization on Nougat, the only benefit from waiting I could see is ZTE putting the Axon 7 ahead of the new Axon's release date

I had a moto X (2nd gen) and it stop working
I was thinking on changing my phone because the X is shit, but i dont have much money and i live in a poor country where everything is extra expensive

Give me ideas of what to get

Give me your budget first

French guy here, I want a phone with a (at least) decent camera and my budget is 250-300€.
Any idea what I should get?

my galaxy note 3 died. I have an upgrade availible from AT&T in the USA. What phone should I get?

like 100 dollars or 150 if its a really good phone

Looks like your going to have to go the chinkphone root, which poor country are we talking here?

Is the samsung galaxy j3 a good poverty phone?

Feels good having a G5 plus. Ask me anything.

Don't need to, I know how good it is, but I'm loving my Blade V8 Pro

why didn't you save up for an iphone 7? niche brands are literally subhuman tier

how are the G5 and V8 compared to the j3?

how's the camera?

Well the G5+ is on Nougat with the SD625 and the V8 is on MM with an SD625, I use Nova Prime with the V8 and I love it
But I came from a BLU Life One X2 that had shitty software and camera but the battery life was good, the V8s is similar but I miss QC 3.0

All of them. Seriously, I have a Moto G3 (Snapdragon 410) and it runs PS1 and GBA full speed. N64 and PSP are iffy I guess, but anything newer should be fine.

One tip, get a phone with buttons not too close to the middle. They get covered up by phone clips if you use a clip on controller.

Looking for a talk/text plan only, for work. Anyone have something less than $30? That's the lowest I've found (AT&T).

EasyGo on the AT&T network for $20 month

Why did you fall for the motomeme?

Did you own the G4+ previously? Noticeable difference in speed/functionality?

I really want to get a rugged smartphone. Pic is the Cat S60, shit is so sexy and has a thermal camera, but it isn't compatible with verizon.

Please anyone? It's not available outside China, why kind of complications will ordering it on Aliexpress lead to?

>US
>Ting (GSM, T-Mobile Network or CDMA, Sprint Network)
>Cheaper the better, $300 high limit
>32gb+ onboard
>MicroSD
>3gb+ RAM
>5.7"+
>720p+
>hardware nav keys
>bonus:Type-C, fingerprint (preferably on the home button)

Looking at the Blu Energy XL at the moment, how is it? Any alternatives? Anything upcoming I should be keeping an eye on?

Super easy to root the 5X. Huawei even plays along as part of the process. First device I rooted, no issues whatsoever.

I'd actually be down to sell you my 5X for cheap. It still works perfectly, but I'm tired of the rear fingerprint scanner and I hate hate HATE software keys, and I want an even bigger screen. I only got it as a cheap temporary replacement after my Note 3 died anyhow.

I don't know of anything that meets all of those criteria unless you're willing to go a tiny bit smaller and go for the ZTE Blade V8 Pro

meant for obviously

Because you have to import it and it doesn't work in the US.

>being jealous of mohammed
>not converting to islam and having 15 kids and 5 wives yourself

Fuck, i'm loving this goddamned phone.
What an upgrade; the fingerprint scanner has been flawless so far, performance is really good too (at most, i multitask, i don't game, outside of light puzzles), and battery life is superb. I don't think i could justify the plus, this fills all my needs, while being way cheaper than what I paid for my Moto X back in the day. Really solid experience, having a removable back, expandable storage, and being smaller are also a plus in my book. Could have a better camera, but hey, it has to have some shortcomings, otherwise no one would buy the plus.

8/10 so far.

I'm German.
How is importing it a problem?

Well used Samsung phablets can be found around that price. And the EXL seems to be basically perfect for my needs including network compatibility. I'm just looking into potential alternatives and anyone who might have personal experience.

Flagship level on daylight, average on night.
I owned a a G3 and it's day and night, this thing flies. No hiccups, no lag.

Also I really have to say, the battery life is AMAZING.

The specs are really shiny but goddamn where are they taking the design. I'm sticking with my OG

It's way better than the last 2 gens tho.

Also pic related. G5+ battery life.

LTE, 5G WiFi, played Brave Exvius for 3 hours, Twitter, Clover, etc. All this since 9 AM.

Upgrading from Note 3 to S6 edge+

It comes in the mail tomorrow. What would you do with it

same things you do with the note

>Flagship level on daylight, average on night.
Reminds me of the Doogee Shoot 1

>buy an unlocked S7 (Verizon)
>told it will work fine with AT&T bands
>put my H2O Wireless SIM in it
>switch over to LTE/GSM/UMTS
>set it to AT&T
>it works and I get my new number
>make a test call and that works too
>try and use my data
>have none
Help.

You may need to manually configure APN

try tweaking APN settings?

also I think I read somewhere that you can flash another carrier's firmware on an S7 though I don't know if that's true

Install GSAM battery monitor.

If a phone is available locally but I can save some bucks from copping it from a Chinese/HK ebay seller, what's the caveat?

Is there a way to remove ads off the amazon version of the moto g5

getting it in an hour vs. 3 weeks

Support. If it has a problem you can take it back to the store vs having to deal with Chinese support.

Not yet. You can't unlock the bootloader via the official method, so someone's going to have to figure out an exploit.

Bestmvno.com has the h2o son settings

>You may need to manually configure APN
Alright. Looks like I'll have to do that tomorrow because I don't have time today. Is there any way to get rid of the Verizon apps at all?

>phone comes with ads
More like AIDS amirite?

Not unless you root it, and APN settings take only a couple of minutes you lazy fuck, I put mine in as soon as I switched phones