English is the universal language of communication

>English is the universal language of communication

where did it all go so wrong Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uv_2x6JmuaE
youtube.com/watch?v=99-n42Xb6NQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_federal_election,_March_1933
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

at least its not dutch

Never

Actually I would like that latin was still used, but english is the second best option

at least its not spanish

At least it's not French

At least it's not French

At least English is piss-easy to learn.

I was required to take 3 years of Latin in middle school/high school. It's an awful, awful language to learn.

Atleast it's not american

it should be spanish

/Esperanto/ WHEN?

but it sounds so cool

>It's an awful, awful language to learn.
How so?
Also this.
youtube.com/watch?v=uv_2x6JmuaE

At least it's not French.

At least it's fairly similar to our language. Imagine what Finnish people or something must go through

>awful, awful language
retard

Bugger off, god bless Québec and Louisiana, the Queen is German and coffee>tea

Yet you're talking to me in English right now :^)

>know english
>have no intention of learning a new language

Enlish are perfect for this.

you removed his qualifiers and still think you can accurately judge that piece meal-selected statement as if it even approaches an accurate representation of his beliefs you retarded scumfuck piece of degenerate human garbage

fuck off and die cunt

>Louisiana
>Being proud of inbred swamp dwellers that don't even speak French anymore

Nein, wir sind nicht Englisch sprachen. Bist du dumm?

Non, c'est faux

Nice cultural genocide desu

The issue is that it's not taught as a language to speak, but rather to study and read. It has five declensions, numerous verb conjugations, prepositions, three genders, and many words that don't have a clear single definition. Most of the learning that was done included memorizing words, memorizing some of the somewhat complicated grammar, and reading ditsy short passages for the entire 3 years of learning. We progressed very, very slowly. I learned more in 1 year of German than I did with 3 years of Latin.

Latin itself isn't an awful language. It's difficult, but the way it's taught is awful.
This guy knows what's up

holy shit, this is so surprisingly comforting

French guaranteed shit language.

At least is not Mandarin... yet

>Nice cultural genocide
4 u

>tfw think, read and speak in 3 different languages simultaneously
I don't even give a fuck.

German, English, and Arabic?

No, its farsi, I think its farsi

At least it's not French

The sun has set on the French language.

It is the era of the anglo now.

Nah, desu we're very good at killing cultures

>the eternal anglo AS ALWAYS

...and Poland

Poland as denied its tradition, they are basically global anglo, but white.

yep, just ask the basques and the bretons

It all went to shite between the US independance and Waterloo.
Cela aurait pu être le français.

sorry, m8, i just really don't like the sound of French
nothing personnel kid

>Simultaneously
Don't believe you, unless you are some kind of demon spawn or satan that from their mouth will come out every language know to man, or in your case 3.

They literally don't care about their culture/language

btw we should release Brittany, it's full of stupid leftards => less votes for the FN

That's okay, French sounds autistic but that's why we love it

French sounds beautiful why are you being a self hating faggot ?

English is also becoming more and more prevalent in every day speech and media in non-anglophone countries, especially yours. You should be more worried about that.

>3 years of german classes in high school
Töte mich
never again

Hey, that's just my opinion, copain
I'm not a "self hating faggot"

Au moins c'est pas le français

Don't worry, it'll be Spanish in no time :^)

As if that really mattered considering roughly 30% of the English language is made of French loan-words, especially in the fields that are actually relevant such as war or cuisine.

> youtube.com/watch?v=99-n42Xb6NQ

>taking the bait

Nein, aber er war Englisch sprechen.

Je vais meurtre ton (oui, ton) langue.

>cuisine
>relevant

As a Finn I find English to be insanely illogical. There are more exeptions than rules in grammar, and pronounciation is just a mess. Words like live and live or lead and lead are pronounced differently, even though they are written exactly the same. Who thought that was a good idea? You even pronounce letters differently depending on word. For example accent is not pronounced as [assent] nor [akkent] but as [aksent]. Why can't you just pronounce everything just like it's written? Why make language so unnessessarily complicated?

> What would un Anglais know about cuisine anyway

You can't reach the level of murder the French accent is to your mothertongue.

Je ne parle pas Francais, un deus troix

I think it's the doing of USians. If I know correct they had a election about the national language and English won by being 1 vote ahead of German.
If not for 1-2 votes going for English that day maybe there would not be one dominant international language

Nein es war einen Franzosichen Trick

>Why make language so unnecessarily complicated?
It keeps plebs from trying to talk to us

10 years from now it'll be arabic

>If I know correct they had a election about the national language and English won by being 1 vote ahead of German
We don't have a national language

Same problem for my people. Italian it's mostly pronounced as it's written, so at the beginning it's hard to understand how words are pronounced.

And does that mean there was never any election about which language would be used by the government and stuff ? They just used English by default ?
Like I said I just heard it from someone I really dont know

so... finnish's easier than english?

>As a Finn I find English to be insanely illogical.

>An urban legend, sometimes called the Muhlenberg legend after Frederick Muhlenberg, states that English only narrowly defeated German as the U.S. official language. In reality, the proposal involved a requirement that government documents be translated into German.[21][22]

We used English by default because most of us were English, Scottish, and Irish. The proposal would have made government documents bilingual, but Americans would still have spoken English

>schlechtes deutsch
RAUS

wtf I hate Finland now

>schlechtes
Fick deine Mütter

Hmm that makes sense. I used to think There was roughly equal amount of English, German people in US and some French, Italian etc

I don't know, have you heard the Brum accent? French English sounds positively sublime in comparison.

those are perfectly logical

>I used to think There was roughly equal amount of English, German people in US
In some states(Pennsylvania, some places in the MidWest), Germans were the majority. After WWI and especially WWII the Germans tried to distance themselves from Germany and so they ANGLO'D themselves hard, with last names changing from Schmidt to Smith, Braun to Brown, etc. German language use fell pretty harshly after that

Leck mich am Pimmel, Kerl.

Forgot to add:
There's a pretty heavy Italian influence in the New York/New Jersey area, Poles and Greeks aren't uncommon, and there are plenty of Russians in New York. There isn't much of a French influence except in Maine and Louisiana

Why did they all let them selves get anglo'd though ? They were white so it's not like they were being oppressed or anything right ?
I suppose today US would be a whole different country if they protected their racial and national idendities

sure m8

Nazis should abandon their previous evil culture and language in order to live in US

If you knew Finnish grammar, you would find it simple, flexible and efficient. An exact opposite to English grammar.

it looks very logical

>Why did they all let them selves get anglo'd though ?
There was some pretty heavy anti-German sentiment after the World Wars, so they changed their names and stopped speaking German in order to distance themselves from Germany

>I suppose US would be different if they protected their racial and national identities
It would be a worse country. Memes aside, almost all immigrants are able to assimilate and become "American" if they try to.

In countries where immigrants refuse or are kept from assimilating, they just end up hating the dominant group. Other than some of our shittiest blacks, that doesn't happen all that often here

Nazis were white and fairly democratic. Why would Americans hate them ideologically ? We know they fought them in Europe but it was a political thing and Americans did not do it for the favor of Europeans

If you were a native English speaker, you would find English grammar simple too.

>Nazis were fairly democratic
For all intents and purposes, Nazi Germany was a dictatorship

>Why did they all let them selves get anglo'd though ? They were white so it's not like they were being oppressed or anything right ?
The World Wars m8.

Our royal family even changed their name to Windsor from Saxe-Coburg-Gotha because of all the anti-german sentiment.

This is me

>Our royal family even changed their name to Windsor from Saxe-Coburg-Gotha
>The """'"British""""" royal family is lead by a German

at least is not french

no one said english grammar wasn't simple
it just doesn't make any sense

you're a bit late with your memes m8

the british royal family has been german for hundreds of years.

>the british royal family has been german for hundreds of years.
I know nothing about the royal family other than King George III pooed an abnormal color

>but didnt they get elected before WW2 and stuff though didnt they ?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_federal_election,_March_1933

wow I never knew German hatred was that big no wonder Germans literally allied with Ottomans against the West

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_federal_election,_March_1933
After Hindenburg or whoever it was made Hitler chancellor, the legislature had little to no power and Hitler essentially ruled by decree. I think executive decree was one of the powers given to him by Hindenburg, but I'm not certain about that

>no wonder Germans literally allied with Ottomans against the West
The hatred of Germans started after WWI

Turkish should be the new lingua franca of Europe. Why, you ask? "Oh my God, it's Turkish!", "Fucking kebab!". And you're right to believes so. But the language they speak is not matched by any in precise information, stupidly good brevity and fluid harmony. It's criminally sensible and intuitive

- Agglutinative
- No gender
- Inflexion is literally baby tier
- No articles
- Words are very rarely pluralized (the number before is the indicator)
- Very flexible word order (though literary, it's almost always verbs coming at the end of the sentence)
- Negation is simply putting "me" in the middle of verbs. Split the verb in half by pronouncing syllables and place "me" in the middle - gelmek -> gel-me-mek. To negate nouns, put "degil" after noun. "There is" = "var", "There is not" = "yok"
- Verb endings are 100% regular and consistent/intuitive
- Extremely phonetic - pronounce it the way you write it
- Stress consistently on the last syllable. You have a very, very small chance (loanwords) to miss the stress on words
- The plural is 101% consistent (either "lar" or "ler", dependent on the vowel that goes before - harmony - highly intuitive)
- Adverbs are made LITERALLY by duplicating an adjective ("slow slow" => "slowly")
And so on

Example:

Köpek - dog
Köpek - It is a dog

t. T*rkroach invader

You'll probably miss English once Mandarin takes its place

Well, the world is just too stupid to learn Germanic languages. I guess thats why. English is pretty easy, even kids learn it in about 2 months fluently.

But what do I know? I'm proud Sup Forums member, my native language is the only language I really love.

Dementsprechend: Stehen Sie bequem, Sie räudiges Stück Scheiße!

based lala doing work

> (OP)
>Well, the world is just too stupid to learn Germanic languages. I guess thats why. English is pretty easy, even kids learn it in about 2 months fluently.
English is Germanic you stupid fuck

>inb4 muh french vocabulary

now that the dust has settled can we all agree american english the superior form?

Get tae fuck ya bawbag