Why are E-Readers so expensive?

Why are E-Readers so expensive?
Why can't the Chinese use their yellow magic and make a $50 ereader like how they make $250 phones that have the same specs as $800 phones?

you can literally buy a $50 ereader on amazon at this very moment

They're new for 150$, how fucking poor are you

no microsd no sale

I think he means relative to pieces of objectively more complex equipment.

the answer is economies of scale

Why? Do you plan on carrying more books reading material than you could ever possibly complete?

A kindle paperwhite is really cheap compared to ereaders when they started showing up and is a great device.

Need an e-reader that's not a botnet thanks

manga easily exceeds 4gb

I wish there were an ebook reader that had an option to dim everything but the current sentence like iA Writer's Focus Mode. It would be really helpful for someone like me who suffers from ADHD.

Get a kobo glo hd.
It has a 300dpi screen
if you know how to use dd, then you can upgrade the internal memory to a larger μSD.
Install kobo start menu, and install koreader.
Botnet free, drm free,all-reading, open source, backlit, wifi capable e-reader.

There is one. Literally one manufacturer of E-ink panels.

Headaches from constant refreshes.

e-ink is like gold in weight/value. hard stuff to source.

just make the letters take up half the screen lol

They are not that expensive, get a job you nigger.

Yeah, some retarded 6 inch display shit that isn't good for anything but strictly reading ebooks. I want an ebook reader with a ~9 inch display on which I could read PDFs.

Is a kobo h2o too big to use with one hand?
I like 7" tablets because I can hold them with 1 hand when reading AND still use the volume buttons to turn the pages.
Kobos seem unusable because they have no buttons to use to turn pages and you have to tap instead...

And how would the app know how to do that? Either it tracks your eye or there's a set height at the middle of the screen that's highlighted while the rest is blurred or made opaque or something.

Kobo aura one?

Don't connect it to the internet. Leave it in airplane mode and just sideload all of your (pirated) books.

Bonus: No ads

I had 100 volumes and like 30 books on 2GB. You are supposed to convert them.

overpriced