Are power supply units the reason why cases are still so wide?

are power supply units the reason why cases are still so wide?

a normal person only needs a micro-atx mobo and a G4600

the depth is about flush with the IO shield yet theres so much space in cases, unless you pay almost $100 for a SFF

Graphics cards are pretty wide and need the room if the PSU connector is on the side of the card. Other than that, PSUs can be flipped and SFX is getting popular. Also the 5.25" slot is dying.

ATX PCs are getting less and less popular.
An average person doesn't need more power than pic related. Over time they'll get cheaper...

I went with a micro-atx case and mobo and there's just barely enough room for my gpu. There's no room to use any other pcie slots unless I want to start niggering it with risers. Also watercooling isn't an option.

Normies just use laptops for their facebook machines anyways so shifting case sizes towards them doesn't really make sense

What if we had a new motherboard instead of ATX style?

I am going to be pissed if this already exists, I spent way more time drawing this than it deserved

who wants to use more pci slots anyways
SLI is for LinusTechTips faggots, and watercooling is a meme. Get some headphones, you won't hear the fan. Save your money for non-meme computer parts like investing in a good monitor, keyboard, and things.

SFF PSUs my man

what about cooling

>>and 4k
where the fuck do i get an ultra slim fan like that one in the back?
only shit i can find are $50 dollar pieces of shit and 25cm
fuck why the fuck is cheap plastic and cheap motors so goddanm overpriced by these motherfucking chinks?

because you'll eventually buy it out of frustration with the market and keep their business running

sometimes, voting with your money costs more than just buying the scam

Drawing is love, drawing is life. Deserves more time.

>two core four thread
>i7
I hate marketers.

sup

The mobile ulv i7s really are 2c/4t.

>non-meme computer parts
>monitor, keyboard
Almost had me there, user.

you've basically drawn a laptop.
mxm cards attach this way pic related is an STX desktop motherboard that uses an mxm graphics card.

>I went with a micro-atx case and mobo and there's just barely enough room for my gpu. There's no room to use any other pcie slots unless I want to start niggering it with risers. Also watercooling isn't an option.
You bought a shit case, mate. That's not mATX's fault.

Exactly. I needed the small form factor and knew what that would mean. That's why I don't really agree with OP saying that matx will become the norm

Got a mATX build here with a 240mm rad and could have easily made it a 360mm with a bit of shuffling without affecting the clearance on anything else. There is absolutely no need for ATX in any normal build. Just buy a case that's had some forethought put in to the design and you're golden. ATX is dying, senpai.

What mobo did you pick that gives you free pcie slots after putting a 390 in to one?

You could accomplish this with a pcie riser