/bst/ - Battlestation Thread

Comfy, cluttered, simple, or shitty? Post 'em.

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/1-PCS-Vintage-Improved-Structure-Design-Kraft-Paper-Poster-Bar-Wall-Decoration-Wall-Sticker/32739921303.html
aliexpress.com/item/1-9inch-Glass-Crystal-Frog-Leaves-in-Lotus-Figurines-Feng-Shui-Paperweight-Crafts-Art-Collection-Table/32721260443.html
aliexpress.com/item/World-famous-gun-Daquan-military-fans-Poster-nostalgia-kraft-paper-decorative-painting-51x35-5cm/32429259007.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Somehow don't have a shot with kb and mouse, but they are otaku hhkb2 beige and CST1545-5W.

Did your fish died?

Never been able to get a decent picture of them, they dart around too much. 9 or 10 of them, can kinda see them on the bottom.

Your meme chair? How's the leather on it? Never been able to try one out.

It's nice, the leather is quite thin and I oiled the heck out of it with obernauf's so it's very soft and a little shiny. Needs 10 more years of use before it's perfect.

>tmw when you realize youre a poor eastern european that will never be able to afford all that shit.
I have to cry myself to sleep at night because of people like you.
Hope you're happy, dick.

Note the hobo tier patched drywall behind the monitors. My strategy is having bad priorities.

yeh boi

You mad poorfag?

Razer FTW

have you guys ever used one of these small task chairs as your battlestation before? They sell them for $20 over at Walmart and have been thinking of buying one, but I don't know.

The gas pistons on them are garbage. And I say this as a manlet with normal BMI. Don't expect it to last very long at all.

hello

Do people keep photoshopping this with whatever the latest model is?

>SE
>the good pro keyboard
>thinkmeme equivalent laptop
10/10 but that mouse looks like shit

8/10
9/10 if you replace that chair with weird back support

Nice 8/10
Fluval Edge would look better

Seen 100 times

7/10

6/10

Rich kid/10

wHat?/10

4/10

I'll take a nicer picture tomorrow in the day.

Guys with mic set-ups! I want to start filming gameplay but there's awful background hum when my mics on and I can't get rid of it. Any tips/purchase advice for clear audio during game sesh's.

no

Assuming it's a digital (USB) mic, there's not a whole lot to do for removing background noise other than setting a noise gate. If it's an analog mic, (connects with a 3.5mm jack), you may have electrical interference. Keep the cable away from power cables. See if there are any directional settings to mess with. Lots of inexpensive cardioid mics pick up noise from all directions by default.

Try decreasing recording volume and setting the mic closer to you.

If nothing helps, a $50+ish condenser mic on a boom arm ($20) is a very common setup. Blue, Audio Technica, Behringer, and MXL are good brands to consider. Neewer NW-800 if you're on a super budget, Blue Snowball is about $50, Audio Technica AT2020 is $100.

Condenser mics are a bad choice because they pick up everything, there's a lot of background noise. Better to get a directional mic.

I use a bm800 on a boom, works great but I wouldn't want to film with it.

>that mouse looks like shit
it sure does! But it's quite comfy, actually

Persona 5 is here, going to be on a coma playing it for the next few weeks. Might take a new picture sometime soon.

Really like the desk, and I love the keyboard, keycaps and headphones. Maybe a bit messy, but still nice. Is the plushie a shark? It looks cute.

Nice use of a vertical monitor. Where's your keyboard though?

Comfy. Not a fan of the glossy reflective desk, but I like everything else.

Looks pretty neat. I dig the red LED accent. Is that a Wacom Bamboo? Think I still have the exact same model on a closet as a backup for my Intuos Pro. Great little tablet.

Such a finfag station t finfag

>Where's your keyboard though?
out to dry. i'm using the osk in the meantime

dont forget to spring clean your station Sup Forums

Still need my speakers, JBL LSR305, and a 2i2. Other than that, just some stuff on my wall and a couch behind where I sit and maybe a wall mounted TV and it'll be done. Fucking hyped.

what'd you do for a cd/dvd drive?
also is there an option to the all the leds off easily?

Honest question, do you ever have people over that see your room (family/friends)?
I've always wondered if individuals just have people around them who know of their hobbies and are cool with it, or if they just never see human eyes aside from these threads.

>what'd you do for a cd/dvd drive?
dude
it's 2017

what desk is that?

Yeah, my parents are completely cool with it, and my friends are into the same things I am. Always have people asking to see any new thing I buy.
Funnily enough, the only thing people tease me about occasionally is for buying too many keyboards, but the figures, which is what I assume you're getting at, are completely fine.

Counter top from hardware store, stained and varnished.
Legs from a place called Officeworks in STRAYALAND

Yeah I was thinking of doing something similar. Does the desk feel solid? Does it wobble at all?

I have an external one if I really need.

the Leds are built into the fans so not so easy, just buy non led fans

>the Leds are built into the fans so not so easy
Are you retarded?

The lighting button on the case controls the fan lighting effects, they have an "off" setting.

Source: I fucking bought one and built my friends whole build inside of one about a month ago.

top meme / 10

liking this. mainly bc I am a fellow bass player
nice, but a bit too minimal imo. you should hang tat picture up, it's a e s t h e t i c. where'd you get it?
not much to it but very sleek. i can dig it.
I think we have the same desk lol. Also how do you deal with having your pc right in the middle of under your desk? Doesn't that get annoying?
kinda resembles a sex dungeon but still pretty nice.
bretty good. kinda getting sick of these minimal setups but who am i to judge since my setup is similar
not a big fan (no pun intended) of the LEDS. looks like an xtreme gaymer setup combined with one of the 100 'minimal' setups on here
liking the bulb
i've commented on this one before. kinda looks like a generic /reddit/ bst but it's still not bad
despite the fact that this shows very little of your whole setup i like this a lot.
very sleek & nice looking
nice. minimalist done right
very nice. take a DAB for me BRoski

Anyway here's my setup.
>inb4 subwoofer on desk
don't really have anywhere else to put it bc I don't want it on the floor

A little. But that is because the legs I got were cheap asf and only temporary.

>very nice. take a DAB for me BRoski
gotchu

So I decide my pc is pretty much completed and really dotn see the point of a change in hardware, so gonna set up a big ass screen, sorround speakers and change the overlay of the room overall

I've gotten to that point too and it feelsgoodman. Now you can focus on improving the overall experience of being at your bst rather than just the power of your pc.

>i've commented on this one before. kinda looks like a generic /reddit/ bst but it's still not bad
Appreciate the honesty man, really do. Thanks.
What do you recommend that I can do to not make it reddit tier and generic? I am buying some chink shit like posters, glass pieces, and some EnjoyPBT keycaps.
aliexpress.com/item/1-PCS-Vintage-Improved-Structure-Design-Kraft-Paper-Poster-Bar-Wall-Decoration-Wall-Sticker/32739921303.html
aliexpress.com/item/1-9inch-Glass-Crystal-Frog-Leaves-in-Lotus-Figurines-Feng-Shui-Paperweight-Crafts-Art-Collection-Table/32721260443.html
aliexpress.com/item/World-famous-gun-Daquan-military-fans-Poster-nostalgia-kraft-paper-decorative-painting-51x35-5cm/32429259007.html

Your setup is nice but put the subwoofer down on the floor. Also consider another monitor.

>do you ever have people over that see your room

lol. People who buy animu figures don't need to worry about others ever entering their bedroom

I think it's mainly the posters. The whole gaming / schematic thing gives me a reddit vibe personally.
I like the links you provided (mainly the last two),they would definitely improve your bst / give off a better a e s t h e t i c. That's just my opinion tho, if you like your current posters then keep them by all means.

>Your setup is nice but put the subwoofer down on the floor. Also consider another monitor.

Looking to get another monitor soon. I'm thinking a old little Dell 4:3 I could pick up for like $20. As for putting the subwoofer on the floor, I would do it except that then I would have nothing to raise my monitor (which is not VESA mountable), any ideas? Thanks for your input btw

I put the posters on there because they're interesting technology wise for me, I am not even a gamer at all. I passed that phase. The posters I linked would go around my room, I wouldn't exchange them for my current ones. Any ideas on what else I can add to remove the reddit/gamer feel?

Use a book or get a little stand for it, that would be good enough. No problem at all. Keep in mind that subs are always supposed to go on the floor.
I have those speakers in my closet somewhere, removed them from my setup a while ago.

Finally got a new keyboard. Next thing I'll upgrade will be my speakers. I wanna get some studio monitors.

nice setup, looks like fun for jamming out

clean setup, I need to buy a counter/table top for my desk.

Really freaking nice, I just wished all three monitors were matching. The bezels on the far right monitor really stand out.
I know that furniture is supposed to be expensive and designer shit, but that desk just doesn't appeal to me whatsoever. Other than that I like it.
Literally everything you chose is perfect, how is the matias keyboard?
I have one of those HP Monitors in my spare room, they are the most reliable things ever.
Always loved this, so dark and creepy
Swap that keyboard out for an AEK II and it'll be flawless
What monitor is that? The stand is awesome
Pretty comfy, does the desk reflection annoy you?
I'd be willing to sleep under you desk, very cosy
Nothing wrong with this, but my autism requires matching monitors
I'll never understand how the fuck you make your pictures look so damn cosy. Every one of them looks perfect
Hide the LED strip and turn them down a little if you can, the blue is overwhelming
God damn that is a nice entertainment setup
Nice monitor config, LED's done right!

>I'd be willing to sleep under you desk, very cosy
I think I'd sleep under your desk also haha! Thanks man, cheers.

lol so you have a boring room just so you can bring people over and not be worried about them judging you?

why would you even want to hang out with someone who is gonna make fun of you for liking something? are you in middle school?

First of all those speakers are shit. Second of all, that sub is in the worst possible spot.

You have real headphones at least but you plugged them into the goddamn speaker control. So now you have a shit source connected to another shit source. You should really consider getting better pads for them as well. Stock m40 pads are famously awful even though they're an amazing set of cans. Thicker pads will make them actually comfortable and add a degree of soundstage.

I can't comment on anything else because I can't get over the clusterfuck of an audio nightmare you've shat on your desk.

>M50
>real headphones
What a joke

Are they m50's? I thought they were 40's. I didn't pay enough attention. Some people like them I guess. At least it's not a "gaming" headset.

A "gaming" headseat would likely sound better.

How did you hang the blanket?

with some flat pushpins (it's a tapestry btw, which is much thinner/lighter than a blanket). it's a pretty big tapestry, but doesn't have an insert for a rod unfortunately.

Not having anime figures dancing around your room doesn't make it boring m8.
I was genuinely interested in his families take, which he explained. I wasn't hating on him for it, just from my own experience, people especially of an older generation are put off by images of young (like illegal young) anime girls in scantily cladded clothing. Knowing the cost of them they'd be even more dumbfounded or concerned.

Thanks! yeah it is a Wacom Bamboo.
Have to say that your setup looks really comfy. What keyboard + key caps is that? looks nice.

>how do you deal with having your pc right in the middle of under your desk?
it's never bothered me, and i mostly sit with my legs crossed
>they are the most reliable things ever.
yeah, they're solid af

>those speakers
overcompensating for something? ;); ;);))
looks good btw
love the setup but it's way too weeb for me
nice shorts bruh. i used to have that footrest from ikea and it's so fucking bad it's unbelievable. I'd recommend you get a proper one for like 15€ more than what that one costed. quality of life.
quite comfy, loving the wall-wide cloth poster. the rag as a wrist rest looks comfy

This is what being a billionaire looks like huh

No.

here's half of my desk

and here's the other half

I don't know why but that hole under the table with a single wire coming through is seriously triggering me.
No other cables in sight, and then this. Fuck you seriously.

Hey, which model monitors are those? If they're which I think they are... do you do any colour-critical stuff on there?

ive always loved this setup (with the exception of the umaru but w/e)

whats that yellow thing?

prostate massager

>I'll never understand how the fuck you make your pictures look so damn cosy. Every one of them looks perfect
Thanks dude. It's pretty much 90% the lighting. Warm lamps make everything cozy.
Not sure if you can fit one on your desk, but getting some similar lighting would be nice.

It's a TADA68 with stock keycaps. Probably my favorite keyboard, and it has one of the best values you can get. $60 for that perfect layout, PBT keycaps (which I believe are from EnjoyPBT, or at least VERY similar) and Gateron switches. It makes my other boards feel pointless.

does that mousepad situation ever get uncomfortable?
dang, this is really nice
clean
new sweets when

Not sure if I should make a new battlestation in this apartment.

I'd be spending a lot of money.

that came out blurrier than i thought

As a temporary chair/back up sure, but for long term, don't expect much. I'd only use this chair incase my main one breaks.

does the mic work from so far away?

not him but professional mics don't have to be in front of your mouth. they usually pick up stuff pretty clearly, depending on the mode it's in (if applicable).

problem here is that it'd pick more keyboard noise unless the gain is really low and he speaks loudly

I actually have that exact chair. it gets the job done, but plan on getting a nicer one in the future. your arms will feel heavy, your back will hurt, bottom line it gets to be super uncomfy. especially if you sit in it everyday

Wired network is best network.

I had one when I was a kid, I remember I had it for ages

I also have Ubiquti UAP-AC-LR's

stole the idea for the wrist rest. wwwaayy to comfyyy!

glad you like it c:

>does that mousepad situation ever get uncomfortable?
Nah, I only use it for certain games or if my wrist is bothering me particularly. Most days i remove the padded one and use just the mat.

Shitty quality but thought I'd post for the first time in quite a while