Is the Windows phone fan community imploding?

windowscentral.com/windows-phone-fan-community-imploding

>The Windows phone community may be the most passionate group of smartphone fans on the internet. Sadly, it seems that many, not all, of those fans, are also becoming the most jaded, cynical, aggressive and downright cruel group of anti-fans on the web. What happened to that jovial bunch of loyalists that began embracing Windows Phone 7, Microsoft's unique mobile OS, back in 2010?

>Many unique features of Windows Phone 7 seduced fans to embrace Microsoft's refreshed mobile OS seven years ago. As a reboot of Microsoft's mobile efforts, the Windows Phone OS was touted by Microsoft and fans as beautiful, fluid, light and buttery smooth.

>The OS-level integration of various services almost made the OS the "app for that" that other platforms needed an actual app for. The idea of hubs and Rooms were also fan favorites. The phones control center - the Me Tile- represented the apex of the Live Tile user interface we all loved. All of that was coupled with esteemed Nokia hardware that dominated nearly 100 percent of all Windows phones in the market.

>We, fans, bragged about "our" industry leading camera tech that was recognized as the standard to beat. When little else was respected by "our" rivals and the advocates of competing platforms we at least had the best camera tech and an OS so light that it ran optimally on even low-end hardware.

>Unfortunately, literally, all of that changed. Well, we still have Live Tiles. But after seven years there has been no radical evolution in their functionality besides new sizes, grouping and chaseable notifications. Exploding tiles which was hinted at years ago seems a forgotten hope.

>Virtually everything fans loved about Windows phone has changed.

is there a way I can flash a windows phone 10 rom onto my android phone?

that feature was abandonned and was only released on few hardwares
that's the story of windows phones, abandonned features
it could have resurected with the ability to install apk, the beta was promising, and a similar project with ios apps was there too ... MS comited suicide for unknown reasons

>blah blah blah

So why did they change? I think it's because the trash OS didn't stop being trash nobody but them cares about

is there a way to flash android on a windows mobile phone?

>Windows phone fan community
There was a Windows phone fan community?

can i install WindowsPhone ROM in samsung galaxy ace thankyou

If the Ouya can have a fan community, then I don't see how WP can't.

>>Unfortunately, literally, all of that changed. Well, we still have Live Tiles. But after seven years there has been no radical evolution in their functionality besides new sizes, grouping and chaseable notifications. Exploding tiles which was hinted at years ago seems a forgotten hope.
I liked Windows Phone back in the day too, and that's true.
Not only Windows Phone never managed to catch up with Android or iOS in some basic features (not even talking about apps), it also killed what made WP good in the first place.

There's a fetish for everything, no matter how obscure.

reddit.com/r/windowsphone is probably one of the saddest technology places of the internet.

you're welcome.

Sounds like the fan community it pretty united in their disgust of WindowsPhone.

I don't see how people are surprised.

Microsoft pull this shit all the time. Look at the Zune.

Microsoft fandom in general is doomed to delusion and self-loathing. The only decent reason to like any of their products is "it's the standard". They will fuck you in the ass at every opportunity.

W10M is the best mobile OS though

windows is working on that now but its only for that chinese X-something fone, and presumably current phones when its released to mass market

the idea that windows 10 phone probably would get endless life support with patches and whatnot is appealing, but actual apps and features made me not pull the trigger

Google Maps is second to none, especially in the last year when they finally introduced offline searchable maps (Before you couldnt search anything)

Lumias actually would've sold if Windows wasn't locked in.

lol windows phone

Still using my 830.

This thread reminded me to cancel my WP and transfer everything over to my Android dev phone. On the phone with Telus right now.

How drop-resistant is it?

Even Ganoo slash linox have a community

Got fucked by no upgrade path to WP8 for a phone bought six months before it came out.

My brother had a Lumia something, it was pretty cool how well it integrated with a Windows PC.

How can something implode if it doesn't exist