Linux Torrent Client That Can Relocate Files

Sup Forums, I'm looking for a linux torrent client that can relocate files within a torrent to another directory, as utorrent can. I have tried Deluge and qbittorrent so far and neither can do more than rename files and folders.

Vuze
Why would you want to relocate individual files? If it's for cross-seeding Vuze can also automatically detect duplicate files in all your torrents and symlink them.

>Why would you want to relocate individual files?
>/content named by moran/
>somefaggotteenBDripgroup.nfo
>downloadedfromsomelongdeadsite.txt
>i_cant_be_assed_to_find_the_episode_name.mkv
Relocate:
>/Content/
>Content - S01E01 - "Episode Name".mkv
pic related.

I'll check out Vuze, thanks.

>If it's for cross-seeding
Back to your cancer containment thread, /ptg/.

>rmb
>set location

Unfortunately Vuze isn't in the ARM repository for Ubuntu.

>>rmb
>>set location

This probably made sense in your head. Maybe.

No it didn't I'm just shitposting.

Oh, apparently it's not in the repos since Trusty. Either use getdeb if it's available for ARM or run it off your ~
Beware, it's java, you need a lot of ram to launch it, though it's actually cpu- and ram-efficient when you have hundreds of active torrents.

>Beware, it's java, you need a lot of ram to launch it

Not gonna work for me, then. I'm setting up an ARM shitbox to host some torrents with. I've only got 1GB of RAM to work with.

Appreciate the response, though.

Let's try to approach the problem from a different angle: can I rename the files in qbit/Deluge and then move them, while leaving a symlink behind in the original folder? Would that work?

Sounds like it's worth a try. I've served html documents through a symlink before

transmission

I'm not getting whatever it is you're showing me.

The called script is interesting though, if the symlink idea works. Or not I guess, as I'd more than likely need to rename it first.

Also, Transmission doesn't allow for limiting traffic to a particular interface (VPN) like qbit and Deluge do.

rtorrent

Dude what the fuck? Both of those can relocate files just fine, I moved over 500 torrents a couple months ago in Deluge with just a couple clicks.

if you don't use deluge than fuck you

No. You gents are mistaking moving the whole torrent structure to another location versus what I want, which is ignoring the folder structure packaged within the torrent for a layout of my own devising.

uTorrent does this. No other client I've tried, except Tixati if memory serves from years back, can do this.

I'm checking it out but if it doesn't do it, I'm going to come back here and kiss you. Bear in mind that I have stubble and a distinct lack of attraction.

>CLI torrent client
>implying I'm going to read through the man pages
>implying it won't allow moving individual files anyways
I owe you a stubbly kiss.

>using a torrent client as a file manager
why

>why would you want to seed indefinitely without duplicating content
Go to bed, Sup Forums.

just use a sim link you dumb tripfaggot

This might have stung if I hadn't already had the idea and posted it.

Thanks for bumping the thread, though. ;^)

TIXATI
I
X
A
T
I

Checked; no ARM port.

rip

i must depart this thread, then.

Go, with my best wishes. May a flight of angels fleet thee to thy rest.

either compile from source or install transmission

[insert ignorantly suggested client name here] cannot perform this function.
>he said, for the nth time

Transmission allows you to change the location easily, it's literally right-click menu option (set location).
>Also, Transmission doesn't allow for limiting traffic to a particular interface (VPN) like qbit and Deluge do.
True, but a simple way around this is to make a systemd-nspawn/docker container and setup transmission and openvpn in that. You can then setup transmission webui from there and have it running and access transmission through your web browser.
And yes you can still set the download location through the webui.

Just use symlinks?

That's the plan for this morning.

Qbittorrent can rename and move files...

CVEtorrent actually works natively in Linux you fucking dipshit but no one uses it because its a known adware/trojan

>CVEtorrent
That's a new meme for me.
My Windows box uses 2.2.1; I wouldn't try a later version any more than you would.

These. Clients. Cannot. Move. Individual. Files. To. Independent. Locations.

Let me count the posts I've explained exactly what I need:
It's sardonically amusing, really. Googling around the individual clients' projects, you can find bugtracker tickets where someone will ask for this feature and this very thread is repeated in the posts.
>please include relocate individual file feature
>why do you want it
>it's prima facie useful
>you can already move the whole torrent which I'm going to misinterpret as being your request
>no, IN-DI-VI-DUAL FILES
>oh
>no further posts

Transmission.

transmission

dc++

>DC++ is an open source client for Windows . . .

So symlinks only work on ext2-ext4 and not on FAT-based formats.

Sucks because I was using a 64GB stick to serve up audiobooks to MAM. Now I'm thinking about whether I want to keep simple swap capability vis a vis my Win7 box.

I dug out an old 500GB Seagate USB drive and formatted it ext4.

Using Deluge, I set the download location as my /home/ folder. I then copied off the completed torrent content to the Seagate and used
>ln -s
to create a symlink.
>Ubuntu right-click "Make Link" makes the wrong sort of symlink
Then back to Deluge, select "Force Re-check" and booyah! It works.

I can live with this unless I have to symlink something with dozens of files.

>symlink
Thanks for giving me the idea.
You as well for being a decent human being.
You get some thanks, too.

Why not just, you know, use utorrent?

Read the thread. Too bored of you guys (and flushed with my minor success) to bother any further.

I did, and the question is retarded.

>Hey Sup Forums, I'm looking for a program that can do X, just as Y can.
Use Y then. You have literally zero reason to.

Okay, find me a 2.2.1 Linux version that'll run on 32-bit ARM.

Use Wine. It's a compatibility layer, not an emulator (hence WINE), so you can run it natively.

Forgot my webemz.

>1GB RAM
>4 A5 cores
I just don't have the horsepower to add layers of abstraction.

I had forgotten to configure the filter for namefags on this setup. Thanks for reminding me, my man.

>couldn't have answered my question anyways
>one of at least a dozen Sup Forums kiddos or /ptg/ subhumans in this thread who couldn't comprehend moving individual files
So sorry to see you go.

GB RAM
A5 cores

Wine only uses about 30MB of memory, at most. You'd have to worry about HDD space, if anything, but even then it's piss cheap.

>30MB
That's not bad but I also use this box for Kodi. I'm having to scrape every last bit of the 1GB I can find to use for buffering my sweet mlb.tv premium subscription from the T-mo promotion on Tuesday.

Another downside is that if I did use uTorrent, I'd have to dig into iptables to keep it locked to the VPN. I'd rather contract cancer than deal with iptables.

I appreciate the alternative ideas though.

Out of curiosity, why don't you just buy more RAM? It's like $100 for 2x8GB for DDR4 off Amazon

qbittorrent

The ARM box I'm using for this escapade is an ODROID C1+. It's a single-board computer.
>Raven Ridge when

libtorrent + shell

Somebody already suggested rtorrent, probably as a troll. You're late to the party.

No, but thanks for guessing!

Transmission? Ah yes thats the one that derped and distributed ransoware. Okey. bye.

Pretty sure that was because of the auto-updater in the Mac build. Don't recall it affecting the Windows builds, let alone any Linux distributions. Could be wrong though, been a while since this was last brought to my attention.