Where were you when Microsoft won?

Other urls found in this thread:

game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/20060925/3d_tgs.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What is this? Scropio?

No, Baracka.

this is going to be stillborn, also
>£500+ guaranteed

Yeah. For a console the hardware is impressive. And regardless, I'm still jealous of the unified memory between CPU and GPU in the PS4 and Xbox One consoles.

However, this sucker is going to start somewhere in the range of 6 to 7 hundred dollars. If it starts at 5 hundred, then MS is back to the old ways of selling hardware at a loss.

>Microsoft won

Eh?

Microsoft was a humongous loser in the mobile space. IOS and Android together have like 98% of that space.

Microsoft is simply absent in the big server rooms (Google, Amazon, Facebook, etc.) Cloud servers, big data, etc. -- Microsoft is nowhere to be found. In the web server space, Microsoft's IIS / ASP.NET /etc. are now just for legacy apps, and that whole ecosystem will gradually fade away over the next 10 years.

Microsoft is a big loser in the embedded space. Windows never caught on with ARM-based SBCs, which dominate new design wins now.

Microsoft can't get any traction in the emerging IoT space. That's not a huge profit loss today, but over the next 20 years, the IoT space will easily multiply by a factor of 1000 in size, resulting in probably the biggest single source of revenue loss that Microsoft will ever experience.

HPC? Microsoft is nowhere to be found. They've all standardized on Red Hat.

Microsoft has only two areas left: the retail desktop, and corporate IT -- which continue to shrink in percentage of the total computing space every year.

>tfw you will never experience the good auld ps3 days where the console gpu was better than high end desktop equivalents

the xbox scorpio is shit but pcmr

I don't remember it ever being better than the flagship GPUs. If it was, it couldn't have been for more than 6 months.

They aren't even talking about this trainwreck on Sup Forums, Microsoft is the shittiest company on the planet, supporting their anti-consumer practices is about as smart as just throwing your money straight in the trash.

You have a weird definition of winning, OP

It was on par with the 8800 gtx at the time, pretty much released at the same time + no HAL it was a beast when it came out

Yet they still keep growing, particularly in the enterprise space. You have no clue what the fuck you are talking about.

daily reminder that nobody can actually build a PC at any point in time that out performs a console using the same price cap for the finished product that legally boots games than a console.

fact,

no caveats, no online-retail price match glitches

>ill just use this conveniently left over case

>ill just use this non-licensed Windows

>i just happened to find "this" cheap on ebay

>my local store was going out of business so i got a 1080 ti for $100

and not im not using the memes of "tv / monitor keyboard ect..."

no just the fucking bits in the case

PSU
MOBO
CPU
GPU
RAM
CASE

right now PS4 and Xbone 1st editions are going for what, $299 now?

even if this thing is going to be $700, $700 on the day of release with actual retail parts at MSRP wont be possible, and if it is it sure as fuck wont run games better.

cause lets also not forget, console devs cant just shove shit out at full price and expect you to wait 6+mo for a fix

or if devs just start porting the console versions you'll never be able to run them good anyways cause of the lack of memory bandwidth

Stay in denial PCuck.

You will, its codenamed Xbox Scorpio.

>daily reminder that nobody can actually build a PC at any point in time that out performs a console using the same price cap for the finished product that legally boots games than a console.
And much less now with a hardware implementation of DX12.

HAW HAW LOOK AT THE POOR PC PLEB PAYING £400 FOR HIS MACHINE.

>pays $50 a year for the ability to play online

This, MS clinged too much to Intel and now they are tanking all over the place. They are still ok in the more traditional markets tho but that's changing.

Scorpio is "more powerfull" than PS4PRO but that's not surprising considering the 6months+ delay.

It will probably be FIVE HUNDRED NINETY NINE US DOLLARS and it won't even have riiiiiiiiidge racer

Scorpio is basically 480 performance. far from leading edge, add another one in and then we'd be talking

WHAT AM I LOOKING AT HERE?

The true definition of a console gaymer cuck..

Remember when the Playstation [current number] and Xbox were going to completely destroy PC gaming in 2013?

Well, 4 years later, this image needs an update. Very, very minor update, but I am SURE that THIS time consoles will really truly surely 100% guaranteed destroy PC gaming.

Isn't microsoft azure doing very well?

if they made it black rather than white then i wouldn't mind using it as a 4K Bluray player.

hahaha

Dam I feel sorry for these parents blowing money on these stupid consoles just so they're kids will stfu. Money would have better been spent on hookers and coke.

Ferrari cost more than a ford. News at 11.

So you can play 4k@60fps on a PC with AMD's 480 for less than $500?

>being this stupid.

Azure
Windows IoT
. Net core
Xbox ecosystem
Like it is not, microsoft is going up.

This

go away Rasheed

I agree with you user

>pays $50 a year for the ability to play online
What? There's no way that's a real thing.

I doubt it will run at 60FPS, Forza is the most well optimized game on Xbox one and it runs like trash on PC, not even sing 50% of my [email protected].

Even those new AMD Jaguar/Puma cores are still weak as fuck.

Where have you been for the past 10 years or so?
Xbox360 had monthly subscription to play online from launch, Sony added it on PS4 launch and Nintendo will have it on Switch later

>Where have you been for the past 10 years or so?
Burgerland, but I never owned a console since I grew up in Korea. Played Starcraft and bomberman clones on a computer with 16mb of ram.

>Xbox360 had monthly subscription to play online from launch
I can't believe so many Americans would subject themselves to this level of cuckery. This is even worse than the opiate problem.

>Sony added it on PS4
Aren't they the main competitor?

>Nintendo will have it on Switch later
Aren't they the other other competitor? Is this the future?

It wasn't not.

game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/20060925/3d_tgs.htm

This is stupid and your samefag isn't saving you

I love the interface and the gameplay experience on a console, but the hardware is fucking trash. Sadly modular consoles are just not something that would work for quite a few reasons. I don't like playing games on a computer.

PS3s GPU was an off the shelf 7800 GTX with some ROP's disabled; by then the 7900's were out, and the 8800 GTX launched the same month.

Xbox 360 totally had the most powerful GPU on launch though. Downclocked X1900XTX with extensive modifications to support a unified shader architecture and better tessellation capabilities. Definitely on par if not better than the later the X1950XTX and certainly the 7900GTX. Hell it was even released before the X1900XTX, when the X1800XT and 7800GTX were best.

Pay to play online
Meanwhile the host server is actually one of the consoles from the match you're in. Not a dedidated wammie server.

>Jaguar CPU
>Poolaris GPU

WOW, IT'S FUCKING NOTHING

Yeah but PC has more games so I choose it

At home in diapers taking a shit. It's been a while since Microsoft really won.