PIA VPN getting shilled everywhere

How are they funding this kind of coordinated PR blitz on every single major tech site if they're just a VPN provider?

VyprVPN, supposedly a larger VPN provider by revenue, hasn't been able to spend on advertising like PIA has done in the past few weeks.

Is PIA an NSA outfit?

Other urls found in this thread:

torrentfreak.com/vpn-providers-no-logging-claims-tested-in-fbi-case-160312/
slickdeals.net/article/news/ditch-the-wall-outlet-and-protect-your-privacy-with-a-portable-charger/
torrentfreak.com/vpn-providers-no-logging-claims-tested-in-fbi-case-160312
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why the hell would you use a VPN service from the US? PIA is shit compared to NordVPN.

They're going balls deep into the

> Republicans are evil and they sold your rights to privacy meme

PIA actually bought adverts in newspapers warning people about the privacy bill before it got passed. so i heavily doubt it

More likely just opportunists. Can you blame them?

They deg log your shit. They got some cuck arrested

A huge market is opening up. What is it, 6 percent or something of Americans who agree with what the Repulicunts did?

They see a golden opportunity to expand and take a market leadership position.

>Rules to restrict ISPs from selling user data are proposed
>Oh nevermind they're repealed before even being put into action
>GUYS EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED, BUY A VPN, THE WORLD IS ENDING BECAUSE NOTHING CHANGED I MEAN EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED BECAUSE IT DIDNT CHANGE UGGGGHHH!!!
There is no more reason to have a VPN today than you did last year or the year before that.

Regardless, I hope VPNs become commonplace and competitive because of this hysteria

>There is no more reason to have a VPN today
So you are telling me you trust all your network traffic with your ISP? Or even with public wireless networks? No matter where you are connected a VPN is essential to today's society.

what does even PIA stands for? pain in the ass?

You are a fucking retard

Quote the whole thing, retard. Try again, Bait-jeet.

Using any VPN service is a mistake, either they're an official business meaning they're giving your data to the government, or they're shady and you're paying them to spy on your internet activity.

H-holy shit you're retarded.
>There is no more reason to have a VPN today than you did last year or the year before that.

Do you understand?
Also, I do use a VPN when I'm using a public hotspot, but I have my own OpenVPN server on my pfSense router.

Try a little harder, jesus fucking christ.

I love how you can spot the literal retards on Sup Forums so easily be how they are repelled by common sense. If you aren't running the VPN yourself, don't use it.

>No more reason
That's not how markets work though.

Sup Forums is either filled with literal retarded phone posters who have no idea how VPNs work, or shills. Either way this is just pathetic.

Dude, no one at PIA is sitting there watching your fucking traffic. I manage some 500 linux firewalls with VPN traffic constantly flowing over them and I never snoop on that shit, people with jobs are usually too busy to fuck around.

>WHY WEAR A CONDOM YOURE JUST GONNA GET AIDS ANYWAYS LMAO!

holy shit how fucking retarded do you have to be to think it's a fucking meme you god damn poltard

>Dude, no one at PIA is sitting there watching your fucking traffic

Can't prove that.

>>WHY WEAR A CONDOM YOURE JUST GONNA GET AIDS ANYWAYS LMAO!

I don't understand, did you accidentally ctrl+v? Or was that your attempt at the most awful strawman I've ever seen.

Yeah man PIA has tens of thousands of subscribers and they're totally singling out your connection and certificate and watching it instead of, you know, working.

Also, eat a dick: torrentfreak.com/vpn-providers-no-logging-claims-tested-in-fbi-case-160312/

The burden of proof is on you actually.

Ok so tell me then who do you trust more? Your ISP or a VPN service with no logging?

Yes I understand. And thats good you can host your own VPN service, however, in my case because I pirate and other host services through Tor, a VPN with no logging and having no US jurisdiction is huge for me.

Why are you assuming they would single me out? They have access to everyone's. Not to mention anybody that gets their way into their systems also has access to everyone's data.

It's actually not. I'm not making a claim that they are spying on my data, I'm saying that the mere fact that they can and you wouldn't know about it, as well as anybody that hacks into their system can and you wouldn't know about it, is enough that you should be weary enough to run your own server.

You're tech illiterate and have no idea what you're talking about, bottom line.

>tor

Nice way to concede an argument.

That's sophistry. You won't escape the burden of proof with sophistry.

>completely ignores the fact that the FBI was unable to obtain any useful data from PIA
>keeps shilling his same argument that PIA gives information to the feds

Kill yourself.

That wasn't the point of the original post. It was saying that the repeal doesn't change your privacy situation, so if you didn't have a VPN before the repeal, it doesn't mean you need the VPN now to be secure.

Yes, and in your situation, you would always need a VPN. Whether the repeal occurs or not, it doesn't change that.

>President blows off any chance for consumer privacy
>VPN traffic surges
>PIA takes advantage of the surge by burst advertising everywhere they can

I don't see a problem here, son, I really don't, it's just smart business sense.

>Sup Forums is either filled with literal retarded phone posters who have no idea how VPNs work, or shills.

The entire site is filled with dumbass phone posters, which is why I love saying "ban phone posters" on the busy boards and getting a ton of you(s) of eating someones dick.

Ban phone posters.

Lol
>constant news articles about the BIG ETHICAL DILEMMA concerning Apple not unlocking phones of terrorists for the government
>leaks show that government can get into any Apple phone easily

You are just a little baby. Stories are planted literally every day.

>strawman
>moving goalposts
I don't really give a fuck if your retarded ass uses the internet without a VPN. Have fun dipshit.

Neither of those apply, I guess I win.

I know a lot of you talk about PIA and not sure if you still use them but I left them for NordVPN. There was an instance where PIA DNS would leak several times. Tried NordVPN and it passed all the DNS leak tests. Any of you experience that?

I wish PIA had a web proxy like NordVPN.

>heh im too stupid to understand something therefore i win

>How are they funding this kind of coordinated PR blitz on every single major tech site if they're just a VPN provider?

They are, but they also give incentive to affiliate marketing just like almost any other VPN provide. You provide the company leads, you get a commission on the sale. VPNs are high margin products, considering most customers don't (or can't) use up all the bandwidth allocated, and the renewal frequency means that new customers are valuable.

It goes for any VPN company. Fuck, it goes for any company. Portable battery companies are actually giving samples to deal websites so they can argue the whole privacy angle, although you often can't read shit off of a modern Android/iOS phone unless you "trust" the connection. slickdeals.net/article/news/ditch-the-wall-outlet-and-protect-your-privacy-with-a-portable-charger/

Private Internet Access

>"I can't prove that Alice is fucking other people on the side, when I saw her with other people she wasn't fucking them, therefore she must be cheating on me"
I can't even

>>"I can't prove that Alice is fucking other people on the side, when I saw her with other people she wasn't fucking them, therefore she must be cheating on me"
Wrong. I'm not claiming alice is cheating on me, I'm saying if I have a reason to believe alice is cheating on me, and Annie is just as attractive and wants to fuck me and I know for a fact she will never cheat on me, I should go with Annie. Learn to logic brainlet.

Your "reason" differs from a worthless opinion how exactly?

Because it's not worthless, feel free to try to argue otherwise.

Your reason isn't backed by evidence. QED

VPN owners have spied on their clients before, that is my evidence. Are you even trying?

PIA does include a Proxy.

Why are VPN's even legal. You know people only use them for doing bad, probably illegal, shit.

We need to ban high capacity assault encryption

What if they like....

Inevented this machine....

That could do things.... Instead of making people do those things... So those people.... Could ....... Like.... Do other things while that machine did that thing...... Like storing data ..... That could later be accessed....

Woah... Wouldn't that be crazy?

they're all in bed with the nsa.
trusting a corporation with your personal information is dumb, at least when it's just the government spying on you need to actually do something wrong for them to fuck you over.

No. Assuming the government is full of well-meaning people, in most cases there needs to be """reasonable""" evidence to elicit an investigation.

Accessing Sup Forums would probably be reasonable evidence that you may be a pedophile, this justifying investigation.

Holy fuck, the PIA shills are mad.

Common sense doesn't matter when this whole thread is just bait to get people to shitpost.

>USA VPNs are not required to log user data
>Not logging data simplifies legal issues
>Protects the brand
Why do you autismos think they are logging, again?

>torrentfreak.com/vpn-providers-no-logging-claims-tested-in-fbi-case-160312

name one, just one, vpn provider that has been proven not to log because every single one of them says they don't but so many have been caught out fucken lying

Doubt it. It's cheap and works well.

Ive been using it for around 3 or 4 years now. Really like it.

Don't use it for anything illegal. Just pb stuff.

It's literally exactly the opposite you retard.

I'd trust a corporation over the government. One can legally throw me in a cage the other can't.

>either they're an official business meaning they're giving your data to the government, or they're shady and you're paying them to spy on your internet activity.

lolwat lad? Either they're spying on me or they're spying on me? You sound like you know nothing about anything.

ISPs have your ass over a fire, and they know it. Most people in the States only have one choice of ISP so they couldn't change providers to protest this even if they wanted too.

ISPs can double dip on profits by charging you for service and selling your information as well.

VPNs, on the other hand, have more of a vested interest in actually providing privacy and not tracking, as that is their main selling point currently, and they stand to make more money by actually living up to their promise. Doesn't that mean none ever will lie, but it certainly makes them more trustworthy than big ISPs.

Are you aware that PIA also runs their own blog section as if it was a real news outlet? Except only filled with (highly real?) mongering that pushes you to buy their service.

That's the most subtle form of advertorial right there.

Dum dum