Russian speakers I have a question

Russian speakers I have a question
I started learning Russian today and the word пapк got me thing. Verbally it's the same as English and just uses the crillic alphabet. Was there not a word for it and they just use the English word with their spelling? Is it the other way around? There are lots of words like this but they make more sense. Like pizza is pronounced pizza because it's an Italian word. Is Russia really do shitty that they didn't have a word for park?

Same for Hungary. Some words are just international nigga, like park, stop or weekend.

For no reason?

To Russian learners, how the hell do I pronounce any of this?
Just Здpaвcтвyйтe alone is bringing me to my knees, how do I pronounce this unholy thing?

English is Indo-European like Russian. Many words in different languages are also derived from Latin.

Use pimsleur or google translate

zdravstvooitye

Zdrav-stvuj-t`e.

Thanks for the pimsleur idea, but it's just that I can't figure out how to say the word. I know the romanisation, I've been listening to how it's pronounced, and I just can't imitate it.
I just don't know how to make my mouth work in a way to mimic this word

You say it exactly how its spelled, just quickly and don't linger on any sibilants.
Russian is incredibly phonetic.

try another word?
glance − взгляд − vzglad

It's not incredibly phonetic. It's pretty bad when it comes to spelling vs pronuncation.
It's just you're used to English which has no correlation between the two whatsoever.

You can totally skip the v in zdravstvujte, and then some. It can be reduced to drasti.

Park is a traditionally unknown thing for slavic societies. they came about relatively recently (the last 80 years). hence the loan from english/french

There's also no word in slavic languages for "Lawn". because no slavic homes typically have lawns

You can replace it with a "КУ". Its a modern version of Здpaвcтвyйтe.

It’s not that there was never a word, it’s just that park is more optimal. When there’s a word in English that doesn’t sound like any existing word and is shorter than the actual word, it’s not a big deal to just take it. People do it all the time in any language, that’s how languages change over time.

Holy shit, thank you so much.
I'm so sorry I'm retarded, I've just been putting off that one phrase for weeks out of sheer confusion

>(the last 80 years)
You are doing it wrong.

Park is latin word, half of modern languages inherit from it.

Лyжaйкa.

>american education

We have many words from French and other European languages, but you definetely cannot use only international words in conversation.

SUKA BLYAT'
U
K
A

B
L
Y
A
T'

Troll_harder_nigger.jpg

YOB TVAYU MAT'
O
B

T
V
A
Y
U

M
A
T'

russian butthurt detected

Park was adopted into english around the 17-18th centuries from old french, which adopted it from ancient Frankish in the middle ages. "park" does not exist in Latin

IDI HAKHUI PIDARAS
D
I

N
A
K
H
U
I

P
I
D
A
R
A
S

Are you memeing?

>Park was adopted into english around the 17-18th centuries from old french, which adopted it from ancient Frankish in the middle ages. "park" does not exist in Latin

Nobody cares, nerd

modern variations of park ← parruk(old german) ← parricus (lat.)

B

actually linguists say that medieval latin borrowed from the german "parruk".

"parricus" does not exist in classical latin

Nobody cares

Don't know about Russian but in Slovak there is a word for lawn (trávnik).

travnik just means a plain, or grass (trava)

it doesnt necessarily translate to lawn

russian has лyжaйкa

Is cквep caunts?

Grass = trava
Lawn = travnik

As in that patch of grass in your yard you mow every weekend, that's travnik.

>travnik

pizdez.. gasony ty uzhe zabyl sukka?

Tpaвник means "doctor" in old russian, m9