When did AVG become so shit?

When did AVG become so shit?
I used to swear by it and now it corrupts windows?
Apparently it has since win10's inception and hasn't been fixed.
So now I'm switching.
avira or avast?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.ca/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2015-03-19/cybersecurity-kaspersky-has-close-ties-to-russian-spies
neowin.net/forum/topic/1306368-kaspersky-and-spying-for-russian-federation/
google.ca/amp/s/amp.france24.com/en/20151006-eugene-kaspersky-trust-russia-cyber-security-king-spy-espionage-kgb-allegations-banya-monac
npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2015/08/10/431247980/kaspersky-lab-a-cybersecurity-leader-with-ties-to-russian-govt
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Kommen Einsicht 2017

I switched to Avira, the popups got annoying.

All consumer anti-virus programs collect user data outside of the scope of telemetry. Their privacy policies are harrowing to read - so much for protecting when the very program meant to guard is itself malware and rootkit. I recommend common sense, which should eventually lead you to Linux.

>Still using Winshit
>Still using Anti-Virus

Nigga you gay.

I use linux. I'm installing anti-virus for a client.

>having clients

Nigga you gay

Also use NOD32 what are you some type of idiot?

Was purchased by Avast afaik which is a shit company. Regardless all a/v software is useless trash, save for Kaspersky.

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!

Nigga save it for Sup Forums

Somewhere between 10 and 15 years ago.

I use Avast, it's shit, but I can't be bothered to remove it. Wouldn't even try Avira.

Let's figure this out OP. Let's figure to what we switch to. You drop some free antivirus names and I'll say no.

I've been using avast for 5 years or so now and I've never had a problem with it.

Unintrusive, saved me and my family a couple times and seems fine to me.

Just use Microsoft Security Essentials and an adblocker lad.

>I've never had a problem with it.
So are you saying they picked me to bully?

>Unintrusive
Stops the execution of everything I compile to scan it. I get a nice little pop up. I know I can set it to ignore certain folders and I do, but still annoying.
Also, can't use hardware acceleration on virtual machines because of it. I'm sure there's an option, I just can't be bothered to search for it.

But never mind that.

It installed Safe Zone browser for me without my consent. I had to uninstall it. This happened to my friend using Avast as well, so I know I'm not the only one. Didn't even ask, shortcut just popped on on desktop one day.

Oh, and that time it MITM'd me, that was great. All websites verified by Avast. Uninstalled web shield immediately.

And I've only been using it for a year or two. Few annoyances, but hijacking my HTTPS connections is a real issue.

>avast
>unintrusive
Pick one.
Avast is intrusive as fuck. Constant popups so you need to run it in silent mode which means you don't get important messages either. Extremely annoying sandbox that fucks with any executable it doesn't know. And a bunch of other bullshit, like preventing me from installing intel HAXM just by having avast installed.

I don't know why I'm still using avast desu

Hmm I've never had any problems like that. I've never used the browser or anything though and have only used the free version.

I've never had to ever use the silent mode.

>I've never used the browser or anything though and have only used the free version.
How are you sending me messages then if not through browser?

I wasn't using their browser, I use Firefox. But they installed their browser on my computer without my consent. I thought I had picked up some malware when I saw some fucking Safe Zone shortcut pop up on my fucking desktop.

Avast is shit. It really is.

I've never had it do that to me and I've installed it on probably half a dozen PC's.

As I recall it asks you if you want to install it and chrome on the same page

Yeah, and I unchecked everything.

It wasn't during the installation. It just popped up on my desktop one day. This was months after I had already been using Avast. I had done no change to inflict this upon myself. It was them who decided that they would just deploy SafeZone on my PC. Without my consent.

Google it, I'm sure you'll find people who they've done this to.

And google about them using their certificates for every HTTPS connection.

It's not a good antivirus.

Whatever I'm not calling you a liar or anything just saying I haven't ever had anything like that happen or any problems with it in all the years I've used it on multiple pcs.

I remember when Sup Forums shilled NOD32 up the ass, what's up with it nowadays?

>or any problems with it in all the years I've used it on multiple pcs.
I'm sure they'll pick you to bully any day now. They never deploy these things to everyone at the same time. My mate got Safe Zone months if not a year after I did.

NOD32 was the king years ago.

Malwarebytes is what NOD32 has been then, but then that's not really an antivirus. There's no definitive king nowadays. They're all shit. Except for Malwarebytes. But again, not an antivirus.

> It installed Safe Zone browser for me without my consent.
Absolutely unacceptable. They think you are their property. Products of such companies should be gotten rid of as soon as possible because with that attitude you can expect literally anything.

>linux
lol
like fucking clockwork

That sounds sarcastic, breaks my heart man.

I'm absolutely serious.

TITS OR GTFO

fuck off or kys yourself

TITS AND GTFO

>Kaspersky
Yes, you should definitely download and install a fucking literal Russian FSB botnet onto your computer you fucking retarded vapid attention whore.

Ahahahahahahha, you've showed me, you twelve year old (;

google.ca/amp/s/www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2015-03-19/cybersecurity-kaspersky-has-close-ties-to-russian-spies

neowin.net/forum/topic/1306368-kaspersky-and-spying-for-russian-federation/

google.ca/amp/s/amp.france24.com/en/20151006-eugene-kaspersky-trust-russia-cyber-security-king-spy-espionage-kgb-allegations-banya-monac

npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2015/08/10/431247980/kaspersky-lab-a-cybersecurity-leader-with-ties-to-russian-govt

Literally kill yourself you fucking useful idiot for the FSB.

>The FSB now has access to my hentai collection

Oh no, it's the end of Western Civilization as we know it

>Want AV software
>Install literal Russian botnet
What could they have possibly meant to convey with such a representation?

Nice leftist bullshit propaganda.

Also
>ca

Kill yourself, useful idiot. Also TITS OR GTFO.

i use 260, it uses avira and bitdefender under the hood, no popups, it also has ridiculous security for registry/filesystem/other shit, i literally cant do shit by myself not even talking about viruses

For the record, Avast now owns AVG.

Spend $5-$10 and get an OEM copy of Norton Internet Security and call it a day

I remember Norton being quite heavy on the resources 10 years ago.

Is it finally good?

It's not just about privacy but with that bloat you're actually downgrading your hardware 5-7 years worth of performance difference.

It's not 100% botnet anymore, but only if you premium that shit.I wish Malwarebytes would go back to how they used to be, but dont see that happening ever again.

AVG was good?

There is no virus scanner that can protect you. All you can do is keep your system up to date and don't run russian_game_crack.exe

Nope.

Good. I'll stick with noscript and common sense 2017

Don't worry, antivirus isn't going to help you with the gaping security holes on Linux.

>trusting a chink company that came out of nowhere and popular with android antivirus
i bet you have all clean master suite and chink supersu on your phone too, fucking pleb
if it's a unsecure trash, why is it used by %40 of servers?

>>the FBI and CIA cracked linux based software over a decade ago yet people still think they are safe from the world with it.

Because it's free, that's the only reason.

>Windows sucks.
>Guess I'll switch antivirus.

Kill yourself you perma-BTFO'd faggot.

Eat me looser.

Just use Comodo

this also means you can hack %40 of internet easily with those "gaping holes" right user?

>He fell for the antivirus meme
I thought you were better than this, Sup Forums.