So /gee/, how good are you with Linux?

So /gee/, how good are you with Linux?
Surely you can beat any test with the vast knowledge you claim to have on here :

Other urls found in this thread:

netacad.com/linux/linux-skills-challenge?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=CPC&utm_campaign=LinuxLookUSA&utm_content=10
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

please take survey or be noob thanks

is this bait?

It appears to be. Apparently
~

are commands now.
bash: ..: command not found

Fuck you bash time to get another shell.

Really testing my linux knowledge here

>Enter your email to get your results

Fucking disgusting.

Very good since I'm not stupid enough to take the test.

>Linux
>Operating System

GNU + Linux REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

No, it's not GNU/Linux. It's called Linux.

If you answer "light learning" for the last question you get 90%

>your scored
Oh my...

wtf was this waste of time

back to shitposting on Sup Forums about how swedes deserved to be attacked, i guess

this was just a giant ad, don't waste your time.

It's designed to be easy so that you think you're a linux master and all you need is a cisco cert.

stop believing every fucking meme you read on Sup Forums and start reading a book on operating systems

Time to kill myself.

I got this too.
I think the
The ".." command allows you to:
got me

>.. command
>~ command
wat

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

I read "basement" instead of "assessment"
My brain is full of
>implying

>your scored

'operating system' is synonymous to 'kernel' in CS

But damn, these questions are fucking stupid.

>linusforgiveme.jpg

Even if you are very for the this point , the question says best describes . So the answer would be os still

Also this

Getting normies to pay cisco to be thought linarks.

>?utm_source=Facebook
Fucking normie GET OUT or learn how to scrub url from metadata

try typing it in the command line

I thought all the shill accusations on Sup Forums was a meme, but OP literally just posted a Cisco ad

Worst, he clicked an AD on FACEBOOK

80% because I slipped with my mouse and selected "GUI" instead of "CLI" and some other thing

slipped with my mouse and selected "GUI"...

I think it is, why would you imply that you tiped your real information?

>giving them your real name and email

>not getting 100% and giving them your company email address

I don't even use linux and i got an 80%. Easy as fuck

nt cisco employee

Literally never used Linux

Yeah, not only most of the questions are pretty basic but pretty silly. And yes, REEEEEEEEEEE to that.

easy af

they meant "CD .." "CD ~"

>If you answer "light learning" for the last question you get 90%
Shit, it's true. lmao. And here I was wondering what I did answer incorrectly.

lol

>Which BEST describes Linux
While Linux is not truly an operating system, it can reasonably be considered one. It's not a programming language (the closest thing to Linux being a programming language is shell scripting, which is usually implemented by GNU rather than Linux) and while one could talk about a "Linux computer", "a type of computer" sounds like it's referring to hardware.

>'..' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file.

>'operating system' is synonymous to 'kernel' in CS

That depends on who you ask, son.

anyone has the r/w permissions answer

Probably shoulda gone for a lpic1 and 2

>That last question.

Bait.

Literally entered "BLACK LIVES MATTER" 100 times.

> enter email for results
What a bunch of faggots, sites that do this should be sued for wasting my time.

>literally never used Linux in my life

sure you did user, just accept that youre a fucking retard and off yourself

I got 100%. Can I put that in my resume?

Trying to get everything wrong was actually harder than answering seriously.

>Not entering nigger mcfaggotson as your name.

90%

The one I'm pretty sure I got wrong was the file permissions thing. I have never done anything other than a chmod 777 in linux when I needed to change permissions.

PLS Sup Forums KILL ME

>giving your real name

blacked it out to avoid autistic 13 year old hackers threatening to find me, of course i didn't use my real name you retards

> ".." is a command that allows you to move up one directory
> "~" is a command that allows you to move to your home directory
>mfw

>netacad.com/linux/linux-skills-challenge?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=CPC&utm_campaign=LinuxLookUSA&utm_content=10

>command

.. is not a command

dropped

Your Scored
100 %
Start with Linux Essentials
It's the hands-on Linux course for those who already have a firm grasp of the basics. You're ready for it!

Can I get a job now?

A path directive then?

I've lipic-3 and cant get a job

it's just a path

Easy

>Source=Facebook

yeah no

no. I just use the DE and don't use terminal besides sudo apt-get install xyz from time to time and never bothered to learn retarded unix related crap like rw-x user rights, chmod etc. etc.

Good enough for the girls I go out with.

My autism got triggered by ".. command" and "~ command". Those aren't fucking commands.

>Which best describes linux
>Kernel isn't there
Dropped to be honest with you senpai.

This was just a basic computer literacy test
Makes it a pretty shitty one.

I have no idea what I got wrong. Maybe the one about the companies that rely on Linux.

kek

Not doing chmod ugo+rwx

I gave them a fake email at tfwno.gf

"test"

>not entering the McDonalds support email address

damn you'd have to use the OS for decades to know that answer

Literally never used Linux in my life

>.. a command

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

retard..
owner, group, other

>'operating system' is synonymous to 'kernel' in CS
"No!"

The OS is in charge of the file system, the file system does not have to be in the kernel.

just type [email protected]

all of the above

This is like the "practice" tests they done with the old ccna to lure you in, the actual tests were much harder.

I first got 90%. Had no idea what I answered wrong since all of the questions were retarded.

Then I did it again. Got 100%. What question did I answer differently? It was the one that asked how much time you are willing to invest.

You get points off if you say you wouldn't take an in depth 70 hour Linux course.

well they kind of are but because they are directories it will throw out a "path is a directory" bullshit error

but people not using autocd are just stupid.

yea the CCNA is pretty good test I had mine I think they expire every 3 years or so not sure if it's still valid.

I actually took 2 classes to get learnt in that. Most of my studying was GNS3 though

It isnt. The kernel is more specific than the operating system.