Using Arch

>using Arch
Why? Do you have autism and enjoy fiddling around with the OS and looking up bugs on forums instead of just using programs for work and entertainment?

I just have it at a point where it just werks.
Also the AUR is fantastic.

I can't help it, I have been doing this since the win9x days, when I was a lil lad that found out how to format compoopers.

If I could use the AUR on a less autistic distro, I would.

>Do you have autism and enjoy fiddling around with the OS and looking up bugs on forums instead of just using programs for work and entertainment?
Yes. How did you know?

I always have two Arch partitions on my daily laptop. One for testing new shit and one that only gets updates/new packages when fully tested.

Arch is real comfy if you don't fuck with it too much.

I use arch because I'm too retarded to figure out how to compile various smaller packages or use patches like ahouka gtk

>2001
>not fixing your computer by fucking it

u literally can, antegros I think it's called

> patches like ahouka gtk
kde my dude

But you have to fuck with it to get it usable.

It's fucking horrible and if you're going to spend hours customizing it to not be garbage you might as well just install Arch and have a more stable system. Never use the meme forks.

>using GNU/Linux
Why? Do you have autism and enjoy fiddling around with the OS and looking up bugs on forums instead of just using programs for work and entertainment?

>Why?
AUR is god-tier
Pacman is god-tier

Is antergos or manjaro good if you don't want to fuck around too much?

>Muv
I played this and it took me literally 2-3 hours, possibly more, to realize that one of the characters wasn't actually a neko and was just wearing fake cat-ears and a fake tail.

I felt fucking dumb.

Despite some contrary opinions I enjoy antergos quite a bit, and I've never had it crash on me regardless of my callous -Syu usage

>First time switching to "gnu/"linux.
>Install ubuntu.
>Configure the basic shit in 10 minutes.
>It werkz and haven't touched anything since then.
Some people enjoy to give their personal taste to things (like artists) and others just look at the possible features and uses it has.

was curious about it from how much it's thrown around on here, decided to give it a shot, ended up loving it. haven't had any issues with it at all, just werks it's what I use for programming now

>using Linux

>using a computer
Why? Do you have autism and enjoy fiddling around with the OS and looking up bugs on forums

This.

I don't fiddle around with my OS at all. This is literally a productivity machine when I'm not busy shitposting on Sup Forums.

This
Almost there. The real redpill is that if you are going to be using Arch you should be using Antegros and if you're nkt going to be using Antegros you should just be using Gentoo.

Antegros or Gentoo, those are your choices. Arch is inferior to Gentoo in every way that matters.

This is just a myth. After the initial setup it is actually the easiest distro for daily use, thanks to the AUR and helpers, and since things like Antergos/Manjaro/arch-anywhere/architect exist the initial setup isn't required.

This is some dumb user error

Oh no, it's retarded!

Most of the negatives people talk about are myths perpetrated by people too dumb to install Arch or too dumb to realize that there are several options for easy installation. I've been using Arch based for nearly 2 years with no issues.

This is simply not true. But to be fair it could be an overwhelming experience for brainlets.

I literally just installed it, changed to a DE and font I liked, chose a theme for my DE, and it works just fine.

>Do you have autism
yes
>enjoy fiddling around with the OS
yes
>looking up bugs on forums
No, but if I have to, the Arch forums are pretty good for that
>just using programs for work
I don't work at home
>entertainment
That's what I do pretty much the whole time.

Once you get past that initial setup, it's a fantastic OS. I rarely touch anything anymore.

Installed Antergos KDE, software I need and I used VDI to login to my workstation. Seems fine to me compared to Fedora which was annoying to set up for my needs.

> never use the meme forks

truer words have not been spoken

antergos user here. When you just install programs and not do dumb shit that you understand, an arch system is more stable and has more longevity than any Linux system. You don't have to reinstall every release like with Ubuntu. You'll often find that people often get swept up with arch and it's speed and power and, consequently, make alot of changes they are to lazy to research the ramifications of.
Tl;Dr read the arch news, heavily research any changes, and you will have the speed of gentoo system, stability of Ubuntu, and the software availability of Debian.
Good luck!

>bashing people who like tweaking their OS
why are you on Sup Forums?