What is difficult language than korean?

what is difficult language than korean?
Korean is most difficult language in the world

You dont know the spanish....

It's easy. I have acquired basic knowledge of it without much trouble.

A Korean lady told me that Korean was the easiest language in the world to learn and that the genius emperor had contructed the simplest alphabet on Earth that made it perfect as a universal language

>hanigga
Lol
Spanish conjugations are dumb.

>Spanish conjugations are dumb.
Literally gabe pronouns emphatic tones while at the same time gives you the information of "who" and "when".
Spanish conjugation is a gift to the earth.

>Korean was the easiest language in the world to learn

Its Only character (hangeul)

Easier than Russian desu.

Hab, nigga?

The grammar is pretty easy to be honest. Logical, rule based, doesn't have too many exceptions, the word order is also rather strict so easier to memorize. Writing is super easy, pronounciation is a bit tricky at some places, vocabulary is difficult for a westerner because of the lack of lexical similarity, but overall I'd say 6/10

Ikuikuikuiku

what does this mean

I guess Korean is the easiest language for Jpanese.

I am learning korean, it is really not that hard to learn, it is hard to memorize. Since you don't really use all those tenses in real life (I as a foreigner won't, for sure), I am learning those tenses that are used the most in everyday speech. Hangul is awesome, words are weird which is ok considering korean is my first asian language to learn, but pronunciation is abysmal for me

because basically the grammar is the same.
You can almost translate word by word.

Yeah, you just learn a few new tenses and the vocabulary and that is it

That is how I learned Croatian kek

Spanish is fucking easy to learn.
No cases. Subjunctive and preterite vs imperfect are tricky but there's a clear pattern that you learn once you immerse yourself in the language.
t. Gringo that studied in Spain for four years.

The hardest language I think is Vietnamese. More tones than Mandarin, weird grammar, easy but eyesore writing system. It sounds ugly so the motivation to progress is halted by your ears bleeding.

Only one phrase that you're absolutely required to learn in korean.
[spoiler]it's 응니애미[/spoiler]

Pronunciation can be a little tricky, but other than that it really isn't that difficult.

Also, Hangul is a brilliant writing system tbqh.

독도는 한국땅 etc.

Yep
If you want to write the following sentence:
"Mr. A goes to Tokyo."

In Korean:
"A sshi ga Tokyo e kayo"(probably, I guess.)

In Japanese:
"A shi/san ga Tokyo e iku/ikimasu"

We have almost same grammer and words with Chinese characters in common.

It's easy to learn, and pronunciation can be done with practice but I find memorisation the hardest thing.

Slovak is supposedly the hardest language in the world. - Slovenčina je údajne najťažší jazyk na svete.

>A sshi ga
"A sshi nun" probably

Both are correct

Ahahaha. Vietnamese, hard? Sure. Hardest? No way. I'm learning it now, and its grammar isn't even that different from English. Not at the level of Korean or Japanese. I'd say those are both harder despite the easier pronunciation, especially Japanese.

Not for slavs kek

I think the hardest language (that is not obscure), for the most people in the world, would be Arabic.

Chinese, Russian.

Chinese

/thread

As far as I know, most linguists agree that the most difficult language to learn fluency is Finnish and the most difficult language to master the pronunciations in is English.

English pronunciation isn't the easiest thing, but the hardest? I would say the pronunciations in Russian, Czech, Polish, Vietnamese, Icelandic, Arabic, and most Chinese varieties are all harder than English, although I admit they all directly correspond to their writing systems better than English does.

Chinese and arabic.
>korean
kek
Russian IS NOT hard, the only reasons people call it hard are exceptions and stupid pronounsation. THANK COMMIES.

poo in loo language..they make the alphabet shitting randomly on street

That's why it's supposedly the hardest.
Not because of the difficulty of producing the sounds, but rather the difficulty of knowing which sounds to use with which words.
I mean - look at this crap.
So many dipthongs and silent characters.
Let's not forget the letters and even dipthongs that have multiple sounds.

Th can be "Þ" OR th can be "Ð"
h can be silent, and so can e
E can be "ɛ" or it can be "ee" or even sometimes "ayy"
g can be "j" or it can be like a soft c
c can sound like a k or it can sound like an s. It's a useless letter outside of dipthongs
Speaking of, "ch" can be "ch" or it can be "k". Silent h strikes again.
And "gh" can be "g", like a soft c, or it can be "Ȝ" or it can even be an "f", like in "cough".
And "ou" can be "au", like in the German "aus" or it can be "ah".
"f" can be "f" or "v"
And the letter "a" can be like "ayy", or it can be "ah", OR it can be "Æ", OR it can be "uh", depending on dialects. And there are plenty more examples.
And "s" can sound like "z" or like "ß"

You can thank the Normans for being a bunch of hipster faggots that thought that non-latin characters were absolutely haram.

If I were to write with set pronunciation rules, it would look like the next paragraph.

Ðis iz æn atempt æt reiteeng wiþ a set-in-ston sistem ov pronunseeatshuns. Ei wooldn't meind ðis æz lahng æs wee get our old ælfahbet bæk ænd wee don't hæv multipul pronunseeatshuns for ænee wun leter or dipþahng.

bump

good post

The most difficult language would have to go to either Arabic or Chinese

Chinese for its convoluted and ridiculous writing system and Arabic for the pronunciation, grammar, sentence structure, etc.

I like this post. I have always wondered why English has such shitty pronunciation and spelling rules. Like, you don't need at least 5 letters of alphabet at all.

>Chinese for its convoluted and ridiculous writing system
Tonal system too. It is beyond ridiculous, especially when combined with their writing system, dear God

The language is not difficult at all. it is another history to learn it for talking. The dialects are a problem as well. We dont have a neutral spanish how the germans have.

I'd argue that we need more letters to get rid of the dipthongs.
And if we're going to"get rid" of letters, I'd say just repurpose them. Like why not use the letter "c" for the "ch" sound?

>I'd say just repurpose them
Well said. "C" is either "s" or "k", depending on the word, in modern English, which basically means it is not needed, really. But to do something like you proposed would be a good idea. What about "x"? "X" can be either "ks" or "z", so what would be its new purpose, if we were to repurpose letters in English? What about consonant pairs, like "th", "gh" etc?

you picked a strange character

it is the same as 報, or 报

Well, x is fine. We should let "ks" be "ks" and "x" be "z", instead making "z" like the german "z". The german z is "ts".

Let's see:

æ = "a" as in "cat"
a = "ah"
ä = "ayy"
b = "b"
c = "ch" as in "catch"
d = "d"
e = "e" as in "exit"
ei = "aye" or "eye"
f = "f"
g = "g" as in "gay"
ȝ = "gh" as in "ghoul"
h = "h"
i = "i" as in "in"
ie = "ee" as in "bee"
j = "j"
k = "k"
l = "l"
m = "m"
n = "n"
o = "oh"
oo = "oo" as in "boo"
ou = "ou" as in "ouch" or "au" as in "ausfahrt"
p = "p"
q = "q"
r = "r"
s = "z"
ß = "ss" as in "hiss"
t = "t"
þ = "th" as in "think"
ð = "th" as in "that"
u = "uh"
v = "v"
w = "w"
x = "ks"
y = "y" as in "yes"
z = "ts"

Nice, I like this, but I have some questions. I kind of think that "q" can be written as some version of "k", what do you think about that? Making "x" into "ks" exclusively would make it obsolete, right? And what are some words in English where German "z"(ts) is used? I can't remember any at the moment