Now that we've all realized that ryzen is kinda shit for gayming and the upcoming rx580 is just a way shittier 1070...

Now that we've all realized that ryzen is kinda shit for gayming and the upcoming rx580 is just a way shittier 1070, what is the most powerful PC you can get if you ONLY care about FPS? My guess would be this

>watercooled 7700k and oc'd to 5.1ghz
>2 upcoming titan Xp (the ones with 3840 CUDA cores) on costum watercool loop and oc'd to over 2.1ghz
>16 or 32gb trident z 4266mhz RAM
>2tb sata ssd
>240hz asus monitor

Am I missing something? I make €3500 a month and have been saving up almost two salaries only for my computer. If there's better part only for fps let me know

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B01LTI1JEM/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅZÕÑ&qid=1491657717&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=7700k&dpPl=1&dpID=51+GMhiDIiL&ref=plSrch
reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/641kkp/titan_xp_goodness_was_delivered_today_photos_and/
asus.com/us/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG258Q/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Swango
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

get 4 1 tb ssds
raid 0 two of them
raid 0 the two others
raid 1 the raid 0s

Also I can the the CPU last and see if it overclocks well, otherwise I can say it was scrathed and get another one that hopefully overclocks better

amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B01LTI1JEM/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅZÕÑ&qid=1491657717&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=7700k&dpPl=1&dpID=51+GMhiDIiL&ref=plSrch

I don't understand the part where I raid 1 the two 0 raids

>Am I missing something?
Yes, half a brain

I know what I'm doing is retarded and I could spend the money in a way better way, but I already have everything that I need. Don't letcure me

>Ryzen is kinda shit for gayming
Except it really isn't. Just a bit under the 7700k bit that's like 5-7 fps difference
>580 is a way shittier 1070
>580 is not even competing with the 1070
Shitty OP, kill yourself.

Don't be butthurt at me dude, I'm not a fanboy of any company but in this case this is just the reality

reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/641kkp/titan_xp_goodness_was_delivered_today_photos_and/

>Upcoming

user, buyers already received their TITAN XP since yesterday

Then who is it competing against poojet? The 480? Lmao

Good luck with that in Europe. I bet it will be at least one month until you can get here

When you say dumb shit like "580 is a way shittier 1070", what did you expect?
AMD has no answer for the 1070 yet, because we've been """waiting""" for Vega forever.

Lmao dumd indian gets his shit going pretty easily

What I meant what the AMD's soon to be released GPU isn't even close to a one year old mid range Nvidia card, don't be so angry dude

>only shitposts
>no actual responses

I guess my parts picking was right then. Thanks

>This is me angry
I'm just calling out OP for being a retard, for even trying to compare the 1070 to anything.

I wasn't lecturing you, just shitposting. If you want a proper reply, I'd get a 5960X, put it under water and click it up to 4.8 GHz, with more games being multithreaded these days it's probably one of the best high end CPUs you can get right now, it's better than the 6900K, simply because it can clock much higher.

Yes.

You know, the card for people who want to play at 1080p and 75fps with freesync, getting all the joy without spending stupid amounts of money.

I assume you said the 6950x, in which case I'd tell you it still has lower single threaded performance than games and as of right no, no game uses more than 4 cores and don't forget, the 6950x still overclocks way lower than a 7700k. By your logic of looking in the future I should just wait for cannon lake which is even better than what you said

He said 5960x, nigger. Read his post carefully you worthless sack of shit. 5960x clocks higher than 6900k and 6950x. kys you'reselve

>no game uses more than 4 cores
Found the retard

It's still weaker than 7700k in single core which most games prefer and as I said I care about right now not a few years

If you want a worse, stuttering pile of shit I won't try to stop you. Just don't spread wrong information you fucking worthless piece of garbage.

At least muh coarz amd do better than a 2 core i3... oh wait

Right now any modern AAA title benefits from more cores, either directly by using them or indirectly by using all 4 and having 2-4 still available for background processes.

Stop being a stupid cunt

>gamersnexus
Dumbass.

Show me a benchmark where a 7700k loses to a 5960x in games at 1080p. Go show me at least 1

are you OP? 1080p?
time to end you'reselve

>x
>waaaaah not fair cuz my poo in loo lost

Laughable

>Gamersnexus
Into the trash it goes.

>going to buy a 1080p 240hz monitor
>"you gonna use 1080?"
Kyss

>Less than 6% difference before windows and bios updates
Good work faggot

The picture is after the BIOS update you poor nigger

Nice work wasting money on a meme, kid.

120hz is all you need, which would let you have a 1440p IPS.

>'the BIOS update'
There's more than 1 motherboard and more than 1 update, dickhead.

Lets see what happens when the 1600X reviews are up, with windows updated, mature BIOS' and 3200-3600mhz RAM

Protip: It's going to be within 3-4% of the 7700K in most games, and beat the shit out of it in more and more going into the future

asus.com/us/Monitors/ROG-SWIFT-PG258Q/

So for people that don't want the best. Got It.

AMD makes cards that compete with their old cards. What a great strategy.

what about

raid 0

the raid 0s

Like the 1800x did? Lmao

>1080p
>TN
>1000:1 contrast
Top fucking kek

>amd is going to release a mid range cpu that will outperform its high end cpu

You are stupid as bricks

Nice cherry pick faggot, i can do that too

You mean just like intel where the 7700K beats the 6900K in most games?

Stupid fuck

I'd go for a 5820k or 5960x
They both clock to around 4.8Ghz and hold up much better than the 4 core model.
Quad cores can't keep up when you move to resolutions above 1080

>7700k
Ugh 4 core Stutterlake, just buy 6950x and overclock it dumbass

>Now that we've all realized that ryzen is kinda shit for gayming
literally proven the opposite of truth, but congrats on reaching a whole different level of asininity

You are comparing two different generaions brainlet
I'm buying a 240hz 1080p monitor, not going above 1080p until 240hz 1440p appears

What is it you don't get?

Let me rephrase that.
They hold up better in all of the newer games and experience less frame drops, especially you're doing anything that requires more than 60fps or higher resolution than 1080p
Quad core is fine for 60fps @ 1080p, but anything more demanding and newer games will greatly benefit from +4 cores.
Not to mention the 5820k or 5960x is probably the best thing you can buy now anyways.
They're going to have long as fuck lifespan and that older gen clocks way higher than the 6800k or 6900k.

You are full of shit dude. At over 60fps you benefit from really fast cores that can feed the gpu information fast enough rather than more slow cores

>literally proven the opposite of truth,
No it hasn't

He said gaming, stop recommending the R7, you'll just get called a shill, how fucking dumb can you be Sup Forums.

I think going 2 titan xp is too much if you will just use the rig for gaming, and then if you're going 2x then why not max out your ram to 64?

OP is baiting at this point. 240hz is a fucking meme you can't even tell the difference from 120hz to 144hz. TN on 240hz has some of the worst colors I've seen in my life as well.
t. 1440p144hzIPS

I want OP to kill hisselve so we can get peace and quiet.

>Slow cores.
Did you see the part where I say that they OC well?
I've seen multiple of those CPUs hit 4.8Ghz on this board alone.
That's not slow by any means of the word and not far behind the 7700k.

Because as I said I want as many fps as possible, and the newer titan xp has even faster ram than the 1080ti and more cudas and rops
Dude I seriosly think you are autistic. Whay part of best do you not understand? I never said I want something ALMOST the best as of right now, but really the best

you need a 6850x or a 6900k to get enough sli lanes to not bottleneck those gpu's

leddit: the post

You're fucking stupid. At 4.8ghz you're gonna be like 5% behind in general, which is like 5 fps in most games.

Do you really want to trade in that much multithreading performance and futureproofing for fucking 5 fps

How about you take a moment and think for a second or three before you type.
6-8 core model reaches nearly the same clockspeed as a 4 core model and newer games benefit from more than 4 cores.
Pic related is at stock speeds, look at the minimum frames.
Just in case you don't get it, higher core count gets you way higher minimum frames and a more stable experience.
Trade-off is that the maximum frame rate doesn't momentarily climb as high, but that doesn't mean jack shit.

>ryzen is kinda shit for gaming
I'm not the user you responded to but this isn't reality, it is disinformation. Ryzen isn't shit for gaming, the only scenario where a 7700k is a better choice is if you play at 1080p with a 144hz monitor. Otherwise, the marginal fps gains you receive aren't going to be noticed.

Just get 6950x if you hate Ryzen, Dont be corelet

>slow cores
That's right.

>am I missing something?
Liquid nitrogen cooling.

excellent cherry pick my man

>You are comparing two different generaions brainlet

7700k and 5820k-5960x are different generations (haswell-e and kaby lake), 7700k and 6900k are the same generation (skylake-e and kaby lake (skylake refresh))

>Because as I said I want as many fps as possible

'as many fps as possible' in this case is a few fps extra (200fps on 1080p if you drop settings, all other games you'll be lucky to get >144fps

>Do you really want to trade in that much multithreading performance and futureproofing for fucking 5 fps

it's even worse when considering futureproofing because he's shooting himself in the foot with titan sli on z170, he'll have to go with a stupidly expensive motherboard with a plx chip to get 16x/16x (with a huge latency penalty on single gpu games where sli is broken or disabled) and trade in a ton of expandability when it comes to other pci devices (including m.2 ssds) otherwise he's going to be stuck on 8x/8x which is far worse than the performance drop going to skylake-e or even haswell-e which give at least 16x/8x on the cheap cpus and 16x/16x on the regular cpus along with a bunch of expandability

Holy fuck Ryzen surpasses Intel in IPC?

That cant be right

IPC has been a meme metric since the introduction of superscalar processors.
It's a nearly meaningless buzzword.

Whenever people say "IPC", they really mean "performance of my favorite proprietary applications per clock cycle".

>7700k and 6900k are the same generation (skylake-e and kaby lake (skylake refresh))
Broadwell-E senpai, HEDT is always a generation or so behind the mass-market shit

How is it a meme when IPC was the reason failldozer was so shit.

Clearly it matters, what youre saying now is that it just isnt measured properly

I have a ryzen 1800x with a 1080ti and the overall performance is pretty amazing!

It's impossible to give an objective measure of IPC.

Whats the closest we can get at least?

what are you going to do with that?
browse Sup Forums at 9001fps?

I can accept people saying "(average) gaming performance per clock" or something similar.

I know it's convenient to have a 3-letter acronym but it's misleading. Ryzen is excellent at rendering and compiling for instance.

Maybe I'm just overly autistic in that matter.
As a rough gauge "IPC" when referring to popular applications is probably okay.

>getting gimped nvidia drivers

Yes

t. poorfag

also checked

Why would you get a 4 core, OP?

Get an Intel Ocotocore, you'll need it for PS3 emulation since it supports 8 cores.

I get that and I was considering even posting it, my justification was that around skylake-e's release I did a bit of research on ipc and came to the conclusion that the hedt chips were on par or even a little better than the refresh chips in the gen they're supposed to be in (all except haswell-e, but devils canyon was one hell of a refresh), which led me to the conclusion that while a gen behind the distinction isn't a big one (outside of chipset and maybe some features older hedts)

however I can't find any benchmarks now at a fixed clock rate, and I know ipc performance isn't the defining factor of generations which makes what I said (and my justification ^) wrong and I'll own up to that but I just thought I'd add a little perspective to it

(and fwiw, broadwell was looking like it had some insane ipc gains, too bad they never released any proper desktop chips)

MacBook Air

>Being this gay

Competitive shitposting

>How is it a meme when IPC was the reason failldozer was so shit.

the reason bulldozer was so shit is that it was so far behind intel's sandy bridge in ipc it wasn't even funny, it barely even competed in multi-core performance and we're comparing top of the line 8 core bulldozers to run of the mill intel sandy bridge 4c4t or even just 4c 2400/2500k/2600k chips, the fx-8150 did better than the 2600k in *some* strictly multi-core performance benchmarks but the 2400 beat it in multi-core benchmarks that required any single threaded performance at all

not only that, in gaming benchmarks bulldozer usually did *worse* than the previous generation of amd family 10h chips, it was a complete and utter failure in the desktop market not only for anyone looking to upgrade from their phenoms but to anyone looking to buy amd over intel, it was only an option if you wanted a strictly multi-core performance 2600k for ~$50 less - the 2500k was usually a far better deal (never mind that sandy bridge was one of intel's best generations, even compared to previous intel generations)

ryzen on the other hand is very competitive in single core performance (it's barely a generation or two behind in single core performance and we're in an era where intel ipc hasn't improved that much over sandy bridge/bulldozer days) however where it shines is that it completely surpasses multi-core performance on any of intel's mass market chips and is extremely competitive in multi-core performance to intel's hedt chips, $500 ryzens compete favourably to $1k intel hedt chips and they flat out beat much of the sub $500 intel hedt chips

ryzen is still behind intel but assuming you don't want or need that remaining 10% performance, that is usually only reached in extreme (usually synthetic) cases, it's a completely viable alternative

as far as (current) ryzen in gaming goes, it's not going to beat a 7700k but neither are intel's own 5820k-5960x or 6800-6950x lineup

what's there to not understand?
you get yourself a raid 1 of your raid 0s

it's as if you'd get a normal raid 1
just instead of two single drives you are taking two drives in raid 0

Better investment:

240hz monitor is useless for you unless you're fucking hardcore into Quake or Overwatch or some other fast game. Even then, you might consider getting the BenQ 2540 and strobing at around 180hz for better motion clarity. In any case, whatever fast TN you get for your professional FPS gaming (I'm sure you're in a team), you should invest in a VA on the side for single player gaming with something resembling proper static contrast.

You should also consider VR.

A proper anal massage device is something that is definitely within your budget.

You make enough money for really nasty shit. Save up a bit and you can kill someone. People in a lot of debt will sometimes sell their lives in China to support their families, which is an opportunity for you.

Assuming you live in America, you can buy weapons and leave them in school yards. You can just casually walk by and throw a rifle over the fence, kids will go nuts.

Consider purchasing/making poison and spiking people's food/drinks. It's been done before and it's really not difficult:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Swango

>7700k 5ghz meme
My 7700k maxes out at 4.8ghz with +1.315v.

You're supposed to reach 5ghz at around 1.4v while you shouldn't go over 1.45v.

Cooling is a problem tho. I have a cryorig h5 universal and at 4.6 I start hitting 95°c under load.

No

>I start hitting 95°c under load.
You know what time it is.

Delid time?
I will never do it by hand again that is how a destroyed my friends 6600k.

I need to buy that tool but currently I'm putting together a old secure t400.

>Delid time?
Exactly. Fucking jew shit under the IHS fucking Intel just fucking die already.

that kid has some mondo tits

If money is no object sure, otherwise a 1700 is as good or better than even current Gen I5 for the same price after including motherboard difference.

I will down the road. I don't need the performance now, what water cooler is best? Is it even worth it compared to the cryorig h5.

There's no point in watercooling unless you want some custom loop. Just slap the biggest tower cooler possible.