Was this Microsoft's GOAT UI?

Was this Microsoft's GOAT UI?

It is so beautiful.

Agreed. It's simple, elegant, clean, functional.

Borders are similar to Windows 8.1. No coincidence I like 8.1 design better than 7/10.

Anyways, what I like is the icons and how tidy everything is. There's not much wasted space, things are properly placed. XP and 2K icons were always my favorite.

My only issue is that it would probably not look great today with big resolutions.

Yeap.Windows 2000 was the greatest advance of MS.

Did anyone run 2000 at home?

Man, if only I wasn't a gaymer, I would have appreciated 2k more back then. But instead I went straight from 98SE to XP.

I did and it was awesome. I always fucked up my ME installs (>implying it needed any efford to fuck ME up) and 2k was a fucking wonder. Everything was rock stable and worked.

Windows Whistler GUI was best man

AGREED 100%

Tell me Sup Forums, if you could use it with the latest hardware / software support, would you?

What a shame it's gone forever huh?

Yeah. You only have to look at your screenshot for the garbage they put on these days. Messy cluttered menus, fucked up spacing between icons... god damn look at those ugly window borders.

No.

How can linux ever compete?

That's not windows 2000.

>brushed metal
>GTK
no

Yes
Two years ago I migrated to W2K for a few weeks, I eventually migrated to GNU/Linux instead of dealing with old insecure software
I still have W2k machines that I use from time to time, for semi legacy stuff like ripping audio CD's with EAC or digitizing videotapes using a old ATi All-In-Wonder

>not posting the older recycle bin icon with handles

Still do in a VM.

OP here, this is Windows Whistler (XP beta), not 2000.

You can actually download the theme and it works flawlessly with XP.

Doesn't look as good as 95 or NT 4.0 did. I loved their flat colored window title bars, and the start menu was straightforward. The only thing missing from the start menu was search.

Aero > Classic > Fischer Price > Metro > Windows 10's mismatched UI

lmao this shit sucks

I wasn't aware of Windows ME existence several years, I had only Win2000.

I use classic Windows to be honset.