Why can't Sup Forums get over the fact that some of the most intelligent programmers use stock Ubuntu or macOS?

Why can't Sup Forums get over the fact that some of the most intelligent programmers use stock Ubuntu or macOS?

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/g/?task=search&ghost=yes&search_text=noobuntu
warosu.org/g/?task=search&ghost=yes&search_text=mactoddler
usesthis.com/interviews/jeff.dean/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

why can't you get over the fact that all people are not the same?

>I only trust my family jewels to Ubuntu
Donald Knuth

Meanwhile elitist faggots think they are hot shit for wasting hits ricing a useless WM. In their garbage Arch Linux box.

You don't become intelligent by using the os intelligent people use.

I know people who have been writing books for the past 30 years still typing with two fingers. Nothing will ever convince me that this is right.
WRONG IS WRONG, no matter what.

I have a smaller monitor where efficient use of space actually counts
plus tiling wms are really nice if you have a touchpad instead of a mouse

You don't become intelligent by using the OS unintelligent people user either :^)
Riced Arch Linux doesn't make you a better programmer. Most likely it just distracts you from your work.

I've never actually seen any evidence of anyone arguing otherwise. Perhaps you are just insecure?

> what is a hobby

:^)
warosu.org/g/?task=search&ghost=yes&search_text=noobuntu
warosu.org/g/?task=search&ghost=yes&search_text=mactoddler

>Intelligence
>Programmer

Pick one, programmers are fucking retarded motherfuckers most of the time who can't work a computer properly.

>states clearly 'stock ubuntu'
>tfw using ubuntu budgie

>warosu.org/g/?task=search&ghost=yes&search_text=noobuntu
Literally no reference to programming and plenty of suggestions to use Ubuntu. Is it the NOOB thing that bothers you? It's simply a testament to how easy Ubuntu is to install. Get over it.

>stock Ubuntu or macOS
It makes sense because they require no initial tweaking to be an excellent development environment

I love arch, but configuring can be a pain

>photograph was clearly taken by a vampire
>Sup Forums only cares about his os

They use whatever they want. It doesn't make them better or worse at what they do.

Why do you care what OS another man uses? How insecure can you be?

>stock ubuntu
working people don't have time to rice their install
>macOS
literally nothing wrong with that

Old pic. He's now using macOS.

> Implying he didn't replace it with Ubuntu

He probably uses both. Here at Amazon you can have an Ubuntu workstation and a Macbook, and many people do. Either way you are developing to deploy on top of GNU/Linux.

>Sup Forums is one person I once argued with
I myself work in macOS, but it's mostly a frontend to a bunch of Linux machines, I spend half my day in SSH. It's not awful to develop in macOS, but it's worse than Ubuntu when it comes to installing shit.

And we had the brilliant idea of doing backups in HFS+. I cannot express how shitty of a filesystem it is, APFS can't come fast enough.

>his hobby is ricing a shitty wm and posting it to desktop thread
sad life

Why aren't you using a riced Arch, and a mechanical keyboard with artisan caps forged by Korean elves and a braided cable hand-woven by the Pope personally?

Turns out that intelligent people care about things just working and not about ricer bullshit

Not an argument.

He's using both linux and macos, usesthis.com/interviews/jeff.dean/

Also I'm always wondered why there are mx518 in op photo, which year was taken that photo, anybody know?

>intelligent programmers
>using Linux

Real programmers can't be bothered fixing problems everytime they boot their os

Using Arch Linux doesn't automatically mean you spend all your time ricing it. Some of us literally just install kde and use it productively (when not shitposting on Sup Forums)

what is wrong with wanting to rice your distro? everyone has idiotic hobbies

Installed Gnome on mine. Don't waste time arguing with "le arch is autistic xDDD".

>Real programmers can't be bothered fixing problems everytime they boot their os
Exactly why I quit using Windows in favor of Linux. Windows gives me random restarts, bluescreens, needs to be rebooted whenever the most trivial of updates are installed. And then to make things even worse, installing libraries/dependencies cannot be done through the windows package manager, meaning that any that you install will require you to manually maintain and add to the user's PATH in order to leverage (or go out of your way to configure the IDE to know exactly the location of every library).
Dev work on Windows is a joke.

R O A S T E D

>>Intelligence
>>Programmer
>Pick one, programmers are fucking retarded motherfuckers most of the time who can't work a computer properly.

This is quite unbelievably true. It's insane how computer illiterate some pretty great programmers are. I've had to install chrome, not to mention fucking eclipse, for some of my classmates who are 10 times the programmers I am.

usesthis.com/interviews/jeff.dean/
>For writing code, I use emacs

burn baby burn

That's because you're destined to be IT

It has nothing to do with programmers. In any given field there will be a large percentage of idiots.

And he's using emacs :^)

>ITT logic flies

Hey, I have that monitor.

RIP Unity

How badly do you think he's taken the news?