Chair thread? I've been looking for a new chair because I have some steelcase piece of shit from the 80's...

Chair thread? I've been looking for a new chair because I have some steelcase piece of shit from the 80's. (pic unrelated)
>what you got
>what you like
>what you dont like

I need a cheap effay chair in yurop that isn't as ugly as ikea shit...any recs?

DXRacer

ive been using a chair my parents bought at staples in 2007.

it's shit. the padding is all worn out so I have to sit on a pillow. it's uncomfortable as fuck.

I think I'm going to get one of those costco mesh chairs for 75$. I saw a herman miller for 450$ used in good condition but I really can't spend that money right now.

swiss ball

Two Humanscale Freedoms, one with headrest and one without. Pretty disappointed in how lightweight and rattly they are. Still better than your average Ikea though and comfortable enough.

Steelcase Leap in leather. Best chair I've sat in. Fits like a glove. Thing feels like it's built like a tank and weighs twice as much as the Freedoms. Solid chair that will probably last forever.

Ergohuman v1. This thing hurt my back after a while since the lumbar support sticks out and you can't adjust it independently. Never could find a comfortable adjustment. Solidly built chair though.

You sure you want one of those kind of chairs?

I've always wanted those racecar seats with hugeass bolsters for maximum comfort

OP here, i made this thread and never fucking looked at it again cant believe its still getting bumped.

I just googled 'computer chairs' and picked an image.

>OP here, i made this thread and never fucking looked at it again cant believe its still getting bumped.
Who does shit like this? You are the cancer killing Sup Forums

Get yourself something with Kevlar mesh, anything

Your ass will thank you.
no heat, ho sweat, feels amazing.
Kevlar mesh or go home, also look for something that has mesh under your ass, not only your back.

Sport car ricing shit can fuck itself too,

Shame that the Freedom seems cheaply built to you. The curves are just so great on those.

I've got a Herman Miller Mirra in grey with an upholstered back, and the highly adjustable arms. I've let myself go a bit (6' 200lbs) so the seat isn't as supportive as I like (it was also bought used).

I'd like to get something with a headrest for comfy lazy gaming, and something that reclines like those DXRacer chairs (in the way a car seat does, almost flat) ideally. It would be doubly good for taking a little break from work and pure music indulgence.

The Ikea Markus seems to be pretty well cushioned for me, headrest high enough and looks pretty sharp aesthetically. I'm considering one even if doesn't recline in the ideal method or range, because it's hard to beat that price. As ugly as the DXRacer type chairs are and expensive as the Freedoms can be, I'd like to be able to try both out. I was lucky to find my first Mirra out on the sidewalk tossed out by some church because it had a few small rips (which later grew larger), so I didn't have to pay for my first taste of that.

Honestly: The best desk/chair setup I ever had was having none at all and just using the floor

Steelcase gesture. According to PCGaymur, for ~$1,0000, its the best computer chair. Is this true? If not, why? Any cheaper alternatives?

Correction
*~$1,000

I bought a new Aeron about 15 years ago; it was expensive, but well worth it.

Since I bought it new, I could pick out all the features I wanted (extended forward tilt, advanced lumbar support, sized to fit my ass, etc) and it has been the best chair I've ever used.

A couple of years ago, one of the bolts snapped in the armrest mechanism; looks like an air bubble had been cast into the metal. I let them know, and they overnighted me repair/upgrade kits for both arms, to both fix the problem, and upgrade the mechanism to the latest version.

I bought some used Herman Miller Aeron chair on craigslists, it's a'ight, but not spectacular. I like the mesh support, very breathable.

Have HON Nucleus.

Dislike: no headrest, seat doesn't tilt at all (would like it to tilt back about 10-15 degrees), armrests (removable, just haven't done it).

I like everything else. It is super comfortable overall.

>Is this true?
It isnt mesh so no it isnt.

How does one justify the cost of the Herman Miller Embody chair? $1260 dollars seems a bit excessive for a fucking office chair. Someone please enlighten me.

You buy it used from a closeout for a quarter of that otherwise you're doing it wrong.

Ive got this right now, got it relatively recently.

pretty good.

Thinking about dropping 3-400 bucks on a used Mirra 2 or Aeron.

Thoughts?
I can probably afford an Embody if I save up a bit more.

I actually have a DXracer, king series.

I would not recommend it UNLESS you want a lounger type chair where you need to frequently lay head back and recline back. It's not great if you want to be alert, game properly and a proper back.

The lumbar support is firm and feels great BUT it's annoying having to adjust it every time you sit. And it slides around. Doesn't feel natural.
I've had worse posture from the chair because I can't sit right on it when I want to work and maintain a good posture.

I'm changing to an aeron or mirra.
How's the Mirra?

Embody is great, will last 10 years easily too.

Delivery lead time was only negative, 8 weeks to and from a UK re-seller.

8 WEEK LEAD TIME?! Are you US or UK based? I just went to Back2 on Oxford Street in London and it was delivered a few days later....

Yeah i know - regretted half way through as i was down in canary wharf a lot during that 8 weeks!

I ordered online as i work mainly in Sheffield and didn't expect delivery to be so long.

I think some of the lead time may have been caused by my customisations (although relatively minor TBF..), from memory the packaged chair was shipped from Canada to UK.

On the other hand i got the chair for £799 including all customisations which i believe is a good price.

Found one on Craigslist for like $800 for excellent condition. Not sure what the used prices are going for generally

Not sure of the used market, like i say the chair will last 10 years so I personally always intended to buy new.

For your comparison £799 was post UK VAT, i.e. 'raw chair price' of c.£666 ~ $824. There was no import fees, i presume this was due to going through a licensed business re-seller.

Make one yourself.
R33 seat. Got two for $100 AUD.
If you can't figure out how to use a spanner and drill. It'll cost ya another $75-100 to get a work shop to make the mount for you.
>armrests
You won't look back. Your posture will be 100% better.
>tips over
Nope. I can fully recline and try to tip it over.
>Comfort
A+. Only issue is ball space. I'm 110Kg, but manlets should be fine.

So you're saying you paid the equivalent of $824?

That would have been the equivalent had there been no VAT/ Sales Tax. So yes, in certain US states (i.e. the ones with no Sales tax) that price would be a straight comparable.

Just trying to give you a comparison of the actual chair price pre tax as buying used i presume you wouldn't be paying sales tax.

Just dug out the booklet that came with the chair, the chair has a 12 year warranty directly from Herman Miller.

I got a Leap v2 bought 400€ refurbished.
There are a few issues with it, but it's nearly flawless.
Also the problem with having a good chair at home is that everything else feels uncomfortable as fuck, I now can't stand sitting in a theater for 2h.