Now that the ThinkPad is dead, what is Sup Forums's official recommended laptop?

Now that the ThinkPad is dead, what is Sup Forums's official recommended laptop?

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.lenovo.com/tag/retro thinkpad
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fully loaded 15" MacBook pro

if only facebook bought Sup Forums and implemented reacts so I could 'haha' react that

xps13

>Now that the ThinkPad is dead
explain

the T470 is pretty great

The Razor Blade

For me it is the Macbook Pro. The best laptop computer.

>ThinkPad dead
you fucking what?

xps 15

Dell XPS 13.

Those fucking bezels omfg

and what happens when one of the soldered in components go tits up, or you need to upgrade memory/ram to keep up with more demanding modern apps but cant.

wy iz finkpad ded

too costly for me
>EVERYTIME I HAVE TO DO CAPTCHA TWICE EACH AND EVERY MOD'S MUM GET FUCKED BY A BLACK MAN.

Are there any modern laptops that aren't thinshit with chiclet keys?

Ck pls go

That's wondering too.

Hardware whitelists. Try changing your wireless card to one not """"trusted"""" by lelnovo, see what happens

That's on ThinkPad from eons ago.

My fucking X230 has a WLAN blacklist and the only way I could get around it is if I got a Raspberry Pi and did some sort of weird hot flash. I'm not too mad though, this is still a decent machine, and I could use one of the USB3 ports for a faster wireless adapter if I really wanted to.

This

They're fine too, but less THICC

LIMMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

But user, the thinkpad classic line is coming out later this year. New interiors with the T60 exterior

Also cracked since eons ago.

ha ha ha no.
It's just a thicker machine with stupid logo, nothing T60-like about it. If it comes out at all.

> what happens when one of the soldered in components go tits up

See when you buy a laptop which is actually well made it lasts 5 years without a single thing going wrong with it, as is the case with mine. Upgraded to an SSD a couple of years ago so it runs better than the day I bought it.

>5 years
>not 50

Kys yourself

Any links or is it just retarded Reddit speculation?

Dell Latitude E5570?

13" or 15" 2012-2015 MacBook Pro with specs maxed out.

There were four surveys a year or so ago asking what would customers want if a "retro" like would come. Each one of them had like 30k responses.
blog.lenovo.com/tag/retro thinkpad

This october is the 25th anniversary of the thinkpad so it is very likely it is at least going to be announced officialy then if not released. I've been doing some reading on reddit and it seems the people working on it have NDAs, but are giving out hints it will come. I think someone even said it's going to be like a thinner t60 with new components

Those are ChinkPads not ThinkPads, newfags pls go

So IBM will make one? Else it's still not a ThinkPad

So basically, no news since the original 2015 post?

It was a marketing stunt to get people talking about Thinkpad, they were never intending to actually make the thing.
They also used cheap copouts like "not being able to source 16:10 panels" after the survey results and shit like that.

I have a T430 and I'd love a T470, stfu faggot

Macbook Pro with Retina Display (2015)

Nah, lenovo will make it. Its just going to bring back the stuff they have been removing over the last few years, like the thinklight, 7 row keyboard, dedicated volume keys, status leds, etc. So really it will just be a new model with the features they shouldn't have removed in the first place, which I think is what most people (outside of g) want

Have some faith , user. This could be the ear thinkpads become good again

The MacBook Air.

Cheap compared to other MacBooks, God tier battery life, full UNIX OS, no USB-C meme, God tier trackpad and keyboard.

>T430
Well you already own a chinkpad, obviously you'd want the newer one

Literally a thing since the t400, maybe earlier. Not an issue if you don't mind stock hardware or are willing to flash the BIOS

Thinkpad t460 or t460s

or t470 if you want to spend 300$ more on a 0.001% faster CPU, 0.0001% less energy consuming RAM and an Infra Red face recognition as a service to the NSA

Only god can stop this wave of autism

Main station laptop is 5 year old. Everytime I see a laptop I like to buy, it's ducking windows 10 not 7 god damn. Wat do dear /g, from dear /fit , before I drop 1k

Zero faith in retro. They are going to basically cover a current t series in meme tier stupid shit.
"2 think lights cause you fuckers love that shit"
" you all said 4:3 ips, well we did you One better. A beautiful 16:9 tn panel"
"Look the logo is multi coloured wow! Makes you think"
"We know you love the award winning keyboard, so here is the retro keyboard, modernized. Classic layout with several keys missing just as a subtle fuck you."
"Chinklet keyboard"
"1200 more expensive for this enterprise device"

why are there so many people complainging here about muh chinks? yeah the t440 series was afwul. The 450 was good, the 460 was great and the 470 is literally just the 460.

Are you just all poor? why would you in the current year use a laptop with a dvd drive, only usb2 and no HDMI?

wondering this too since I want to get a t450

It's still the best thing we've got, and the ThinkPad Retro is on the way.

nothing can stop a tripfag's crippling autism though

You shouldn't be running Windows anyway. Doesn't matter what it comes with.

Aside from general quality loss after the T61 or so, anything newer than the T420 has a keyboard with an awful layout that's missing an entire row of keys from the old ones. The nice things that made ThinkPads special are starting to disappear. They don't even have indicator lights anymore.

can't speak for all versions but the t460 has indicator lights for mute speakers, mute mic (both hardware, even on during windows update/boot etc) and one for the Fn key on/off.

The layout is really just a matter of preference, for me it was virtually the same as my old laptop except for the large enter key and the |\ key moved down one row. The keyboard quality is still so much better than any other laptop I've ever had and the trackpoint+buttons are nice (my first thinkpad so cannot compare quality)

The T61 is what, more than 10 years old? there's really no comparing it, the features are completely different now.

>implying Thinkpad Yogas aren't the best laptops on the market today
The active pen digitizer is fucking cool.

MBP, XPS13/15, Elitebook, Latitude

Every Thinkpad made after the T420 has been absolute trash. T420 and older are still acceptable if you buy one in good condition.

Whadya mean ded?
Its still live and kickin!

>Elitebook
I use one of these at work. It's absolute garbage, massive software issues (bluescreens whenever you take it off the dock), and has no middle click button.

corebooted x220

>azerty
what third world country is this, Beglium?

Apple MacBook Pro Retina

>Belgium
>Country

I had read something of be the Panasonic Notebook.

use the windows product key from your old station if it has win7 and you are unwilling to switch to loonix

>for me it was virtually the same as my old laptop except for the large enter key and the |\ key moved down one row.
that just sounds like an ISO vs ANSI difference. What I am talking about is the loss of dedicated printscreen, delete, scroll lock, insert, etc. Go lookup images of the T420 and T430.

>Dead
>Hasn't got an x62 with an i7
Weak

I like the stylus feature for think pads. Do any other laptops that are as cheap as thinkpads do this?

How is the built quality?
How is the battery life?
How noisy is it under light use?

I don't actually have one, but have been on the list to order one for ages, they are pretty pricey. But desu I gaf and will get one regardless. I just want a small laptop/netbook with the ratio of the x61 and modern hardware. My x61 is my most used electronic device.

TRS-80 PC2

THE THINK PAD IS DEAD!!

LONG LIVE THE THINK PAD!

HOW

Some dude in China made x60 board with an i7 (7700hq) and sell them on the internet

Where's the list

Wait, what? How? How what?

I have an Ideapad 510s its really good

wants to pay 1000 dollars extra for 2 year old shit

Why do you want to pay 1000 dollars extra for shit?

Is there a laptop that can work as desktop replacement (decent hardware capable of handling multiple VMs and some games) and thinkpad's durability?

It depends on what you're doing, if you don't want to use it for any GPU intensive tasks, then the 2015 mbp is the best. By far.

Get a desktop retard

>ask for desktop replacement for mobility
>>get a desktop

Play your gaymes at home retard, as for VMs get any capable business laptop and you're set.

what if im homeless?

>what is console

then you need to fix your priorities

Then stop being a manchild, get a job and a rent.

Here you go.

Well, anything that isn't gaymen shit either?

3d printing an enclosure to house a surface pro and a mechanical keyboard? That's about it.

bumping question for interest

>surface pro

>take my Getac to english class
>yeah it's MIL-SPEC tested for rugged lifestyles like mine
>sit down next to qt3.14
>boot up Parabola GNU/Linux, fans revving up like a jet engine
>Insert smartcard, swipe finger over fingerprint reader
>wink at qt
>"yeah, this baby has hot-swappable RAID 5"
>crack open a can of Mountain Dew Live Wire
>teacher tells me to keep the noise down or leave
>mfw

Dell Latitude.

The Thinkpad 13 of course

>16:9

lol

Why even buy one if you are not going to flash libreboot?

>he doesn't watch chinese cartoons in 1080p

I wish everything stayed 4:3, it's a way comfier ratio.

use a mech keyboard heathen

Brace yourself. You register your interest via the thinkpad sub on leddit.

We're talking about laptops here.