/BSD/ GENERAL

NINTENDO SWITCH OUTPACING PS4 !!!

DEVS SHIFTING ALL PROJECTS TO NINTENDO SWITCH !!!!
forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2017/03/31/the-nintendo-switch-sold-more-at-launch-in-japan-than-the-ps4/

>In short, it means that the Switch has gained enough sales momentum to likely give confidence to Japanese third-party publishers to further invest in the platform. Considering that Japanese games still sell globally, this in turn means that the Switch’s gaming library will no doubt increase in the coming months. With new projects announced off the back off of these launch sales.

Other urls found in this thread:

eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-03-nintendo-switch-games-confirmed-games-list-launch-titles
reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5zgqcp/the_nintendo_switch_commercials_really_didnt_lie/
youtu.be/Q-qAREXVUXk?t=117
twitter.com/AnonBabble

kill yourself

Aside from Zelda, I'm only seeing Android games on the Switch right now.

Where's Mario Kart?
Where's Super Smash Bros?
Street Fighter, Tekken, Metroids

Right now it's not worth it to buy this console unless you really want to play Breath of the Wild.. and even then, the game works fine on Wii U so if you're a Nintendo person you probably have a WiiU already

So.. if sales are any indication of a Console's success, I'm not seeing it in the games yet

>blizard just said overwatch probably wont be coming to the switch
nintendo isnt even an option to most aaa devs
also fuck off to with your broken down fisherprice shit

It's happening!!!!

2005 - Apple steals BSD

2006 - Sony steals BSD

2013 - Sony steals BSD

2017 - Nintendo steals BSD!!!!!!!

Oh wait, it isn't happening because none of these companies are ever going to give anything back

"yoooo more ppl stealing it means we win :))))"

Kill your are self.

still doesn't change the fact that the hardware is shit.

>nintendo isnt even an option to most aaa devs

THE BUTTHURT IS STRONG WITH YOU

>158 Games after one month out
>29 exclusives

eurogamer.net/articles/2017-03-03-nintendo-switch-games-confirmed-games-list-launch-titles

>/BSD/ General
>Discussing video games

Nope. Doesn't run BSD. If you look at it it doesn't look like BSD at all. It's still various services doing things and some syscalls. It's similar to the 3DS's microkernel OS.

Haha, cool story man but HOW DO I FUCKING BUY ONE SINCE IT'S ALWAYS SOLD OUT?

It just uses the TCP stack from BSD, it's has nothing else from BSD

>inclusives
>being a good thing

>Oh wait, it isn't happening because none of these companies are ever going to give anything back
This is why you should choose the objectively correct license for your projects.

Visit Europe. I see piles of Switches in every store.

>people are actually replying to this shitty thread

So did you

You can't take your WiiU with you on the bus or train. MK8 comes out in 3 weeks.

>Mostly Android games
>SWITCH IS NOT A TABLET OMG

It's awful enough to be seen with a 3ds in public, let alone a fucking switch

Nintoddlers are cancer, it's no wonder the ones who aren't children are lonely forever virgins. Concentrate on your own improving lives instead of living vicariously through some nip company who wants to sell you the same game fifty times
t. PC master race

Isn't it a piece of trash?

I would tell you to fuck off to Sup Forums but hey, you know, I would be happy for them if they actually put devs into their sack for -once-, they haven't done it properly in a fucking decade. What that little piece of shit needs is dev support to counter the fact that it's underpowered hardware, and probably a price drop as well because that thing is damn expensive for what it is.

>It's awful enough to be seen with a 3ds in public, let alone a fucking switch

t. Loser Virgin

Pic related

reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5zgqcp/the_nintendo_switch_commercials_really_didnt_lie/

good. this will be the year of the bsd desktop.

LMAO @actually believing that
I bet you watch female YouTubers who play shitendo games and go on about how hot she finds it while she lines her pockets
Lololl

>sweaty obese pc gamer who is forced to play alone in his bedroom at home

vs

>me who goes and plays out in various locations

Who is more likely to meet girls?

Hello where are the Unix discussion

PC BTFO

> PC master race

Go back to Rddit. Seriously.

the only question i have.
who gona represent nintento switch in neptunia games?

The PS4 runs FreeBSD too though

>Who is more likely to meet girls?
>playing videogames in public
Not you that's for sure.

Checkmate Linuxfags, FreeBSD has drivers!

I don't really play games, and those girls are all laughing at you, if you really interacted with women you'd know they have no interests with men who play children's games and yes whether you like it or not women generally differentiate between the kiddie games and the dudebro games
Sorry to burst your bubble

People have been saying that here before r.eddit was a thing, you need to go back there newfag

>no interests with men who play children's games

Well memed

Have you ever actually been there? It's a fucking shitshow.

R.i.p. PC

>dem yeezys

>pick up

lmao she was just bored and wanted to play some games that's not picking up a woman

Spoiler: The guy was hot and not a fat neckbeard virgin. If you're hot you can tell girls about your Commodore 64 and they will listen.

Never been there

Exactly the types who play Nintendo games, apart from actual kids
Seriously, women don't like autists playing kid's games, real gamer girls are usually ugly and have poor hygiene

>nip company who wants to sell you the same game fifty times

this so much
muh zelda, muh mario, muh kirby, muh random nes remake...

Question time: Which one of the guys on pic related are more likely to get laid?

Somehow R manages to be more cancerous than Sup Forums, probably because of karma whoring. I'm horribly addicted to it even though I've grown to despise most of the community.

As for those "ugly" gamer girls, I actually have a thing for them. ;)

ANYWAY, to get this back on fucking topic, has anyone managed to run homebrew on the Switch yet? It's based around a Tegra so it shouldn't be too hard to do.

>I have a thing for ugly women
cool

>As for those "ugly" gamer girls, I actually have a thing for them. ;)

It's called having low standards.

youtu.be/Q-qAREXVUXk?t=117

Well memed. Enjoy your mature games for mature people.

Switch has one game and even that isn't exclusive.

Frankenstein's monster between Blanc and the twins.

I prefer the term "adorkable", myself.

I have a low opinion of myself.

All I know about that place is they provide lots of info and streams etc, I see them posted here all the time, and lets face it Sup Forums wouldn't help you if you're drowning. I'd check it out based on that alone but I don't want to deal with more circlejerks
Just don't kid yourself into believing the loner gamer girl types are any more virtuous than the aaverage girl. They're far easier and more desperate to get laid, not what I'd recommend for a long relationship. As long as you know that then enjoy, hate seeing guys tied down to women like that

It's reality, you can deny it all you want but it's the truth. I hope you're a teen, don't even mean it in a bad way. Women have little interest in men with those hobbies, even worse when it's kiddie stuff
I know a guy, he's been searching for his "waifu" since he was a teen, he works as a developer and is a typical nintard. Lets just say in the real world women don't go for that sort of thing, but nothing snaps him out of it

>It's reality, you can deny

Meanwhile in the real world

>sweaty obese pc gamer is forced to play alone in his bedroom at home

This is the only PC gamer reality

That's basically the same thing.

You're quite desperate to defend PC gaming after being BTFO. Girls love mobile gaming and HATE PC anything.

Have you seen the fan base for the Nintendo DS and 3DS? Half are girls.

Go sit in your dark lonely corner playing DOTA2 against 12 year olds.

Long term relationships? Fuck those. I don't ever want to be tied down.

>Being this triggered over kidtendo
I don't give a fuck about video games, but you clearly do, even your mom is just pretending she's interested

See
Girls like candy crush and phone games, stop pretending you interact with women on anything more than a friend level
Being this defensive over a nip video game company should be a clear sign you're ill

You realize that most of those girls are also around 12 years old, do you?

Sooner or later you will be, it's natural
Find yourself a good girl when you're older and know that a lot of shut in girls have serious issues, if faithful is what you want a lot of those girls are easily swayed into fucking even they're married, gamer girls are generally to be avoided

100% false

>posts a picture of two ugly Chinese girls

Wew lad, you really made a point, my dude.
The girl on the right even has cuts on her arm, makes this even funnier.

I have serious issues too. Why else would I be posting here at the ass crack of dawn on a Sunday?

I'm sure this will come back to benefit you guys in the BSD community. I'm sure Nintendo will upstream some sour- Oh wait no they won't because you retards let them just take your code with no commitment to make upstream better.

Sony sure upstreamed a lot of stuff from the PS3 and PS4, didn't they?

Good job retards.

Switch doesn't fucking run BSD you goddamn retard.

LMAO
Best part is he has all this saved on his computer because he's constantly having to defend his Nintendo shilling

Man why do americans gobble Nintendo garbage this much?

>hahaha just kidding

Full fox and the grapes damage control mode

I live in Luxembourg and it's sold out everywhere here.

The NES' triumph over the crash of 83/84 had long-term implications. It made Nintendo practically synonymous with video games here. Meanwhile, Japan never really went through a crash, and Europe had a stronger home computer gaming scene.

>fox and the grapes
The Nintendo isn't made out of unobtanium. It's 350 euros and half a week of shipping away from my door if I want it.

i would think Sup Forums would be hype as shit for this thing to get hacked.

>If I accuse them of damage control they won't notice that I'm in damage control.

Nintendo probably shipped 3 units to your countrylet

Why? It's just a tablet with shitty battery life and a controller.

Aside from piracy what exactly is the benefit of hacking a console in this day and age?

> sour grapes switch.jpg
> 310,08 €
> costs as much as three T420 chinkpads
> sour grapes
Step up your game.

The battery's pretty good when it isn't running full fledged console games and even then it still lasts over 2.5 hours.

Emulators, customization, homebrew, stuff like that.

More Nintendo IPs will come to the Switch in good time. They've more or less been planning to not do everything all at once, so as to keep people interested.

>steals BSD
They original BSD is still available for use. Nothing was ever "stolen."

I've seen plenty of people in public with 3DSs, including quite a few women. There's nothing wrong with it. Quit being a major autist and judging people for having different tastes than you. In the real world, nobody gives a fuck.

> not willing to run Linux on everything that have a CPU
Get out.

>Emulators
Mostly this. Playing SNES games on my Wii is comfy.

Who cares about all this stuff? There are probably dozens of systems better suited for emulation than a flimsy tablet with no dpad and shitty battery life.

Homebrew is also a joke, wow I can't wait for the millionth doom port.

I care. I don't like locked down hardware.

the buttons on the joy cons are just as good ad a D-Pad pretty much

>mature games for mature gamers

The Switch is just a shittier Nvidia Shield, go buy that instead and have fun

I'm pretty sure it's better than the Shield though

Nvidia shield is inferior in every way.

Firstly it runs Android while the Switch runs BSD.
Secondly the Switch has exclusive AAA games while the Shield has shitty Android mobile games only.
Thirdly the Switch hardware will be updated every year with the latest Nvidia chips like the iPhone gets upgraded yearly.

Shield can't play Breath of the Wild or Skyrim, unless somehow someone manages to hack Nintendo's OS onto one.

>damage control
Are you retarded? You're btfo yourself with every post, proving you're a manchild
LOL the tripfag agrees with you, no surprise there

It's the same hardware, someone will inevitably put freebsd on it (which is what the switch runs)

The switch is using BSD kernels but the people in the scene say it's a modified version of the 3DS OS

In any case I don't see any reason to be be excited for the hacking of this device. There are so many things, cheaper things even, that can already do all that shit out of the box. I guess if you still like Nintendo games and want to pirate them it's fine. Maybe I'm just too old for this shit.

>Thirdly the Switch hardware will be updated every year with the latest Nvidia chips like the iPhone gets upgraded yearly.
Did they say this anywhere? Interesting if true.

Also did the switch end up running on Vulkan, having Japanese game devs all using Vulkan will help adoption.

>full fledged console games

You mean android tablet games?

I'll be honest, I'd be willing to get a Shield if I didn't have a hate boner for Nvidia. Maybe I should buy one used.

It would be a pretty good All-in-one. It plays official Nintendo games yet when hacked, it dual boots Android (Shield ROM) for all your Emulation and App needs.

>implying i want their shitty non-free code anyway

Realistically, what you'd get out of them if they practiced straight up copylefting is drivers for the specific set of hardware, and their DRM scheme (Which is obviously why they went BSD and not GPLx)

Really the biggest advantage we'd see is that we'd see hacks and homebrew on the system faster and better than before.

>steals
BSD Says it's okay
and they credit everything they use.
fuck off stallman