Is Hackintosh the final red pill?

Other urls found in this thread:

rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5243626
archive.org/details/OSX10.11ElCapitanRetailByTechReviews
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Maybe if you have hardware that's 100% supported, which I don't/

Where do i get iso to install it?
I don't have a mac

Why would you use a botnet OS as your host OS? Do you not know that Apple is a part of prism and that the whole FBI debacle was a Jewish trick to get you to buy more iShit? Also Unix is a stupid buzzword and hasn't meant anything in two decades. Fuck off.

There is no ISO. You have to have a Mac to download the the installer which comes as an app which you need to open and pull the base system DMG from. Then you need Disk Utility to format a flash drive for Macs and write the DMG to it. Then you have to get Clover and install everything. Then you have to get drivers. There is no ISO that will let you install it in 10 minutes.

Your other option is going with a distribution from a stinky little Pajeet named Niresh.

You can't win.

Thepiratebay

>Why would you use a botnet OS as your host OS? Do you not know that Apple is a part of prism and that the whole FBI debacle was a Jewish trick to get you to buy more iShit?

You might wanna loosen up a bit that tinfoil hat and stop browsing Sup Forums.

Go back to your hugbox at reddit if you don't like the truth.

Or you you can just download an MacOS image + Clover from the russkies and burn it on your flash drive

rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5243626

>this coming from /r/The_Dumbfuck rapefugee and Sup Forums crossposter

The irony is lost on you. Please hang yourself on your way out.

If you have the right hardware.
If you do a dedicated Hackintosh build you'll need to consider compatibility in quite a big way, I needed to replace my wifi card, for example.

Expect to spend time getting the installation right, using Clover is the right way to do it at the moment, and allows quite a lot of control.
Have a spare computer/laptop so you can diagnose seemingly random kernel panics, unplug all disks apart from the formatted osx install drive and you're good to go.

Why do you trust third parties not to put malware in it?

>everyone I disagree with is from Sup Forums
Reddit confirmed.

Because there is literally nobody who would be after hackintosh users private info, credit card numbers, etc. because they are too poor to afford real Apple hardware. Meh target to bother putting malware in the image.

Try again. Your English is broken and your logic is bad.

>muh PRISM
>muh FBI
>muh da JOOZ

The Sup Forumstard self-awareness, kek. Crawl back to your alt-gay circlejerk if you don't like to be triggered by a different opinion.

Do you have a persecution complex?

That's funny considering leftists want to make differing opinions illegal. Care to explain the massive amounts of Jewish involvement in our political and financial systems? The US president's daughter is a Jew. The media would never criticize a Jew. Hmmm... really waltzes your walnuts.

No, I'm not a Muslim or a feminist.

Hackintosh requires at least a bit of tinkering, but if you figured out how to fix average linux distro #354748 to get rid of tearing, you'll figure out how to use this as well.

Problem with compatibility is that you'll have trouble mostly if:

-Your hardware is a bit too recent
-Your processor isn't Intel
-You're using some sort of dedicated PCI card for something (pretty frequently the issue is with dedicated sound cards, onboard realtek rarely give any trouble)

A 2 year old random intel build is most likely going to work without issues (or maybe have to install 1-2 things manually if that). AMD support is fairly shitty but some shit works right out of the box, Nvidia has 2 different kinds of drivers in case one doesn't work properly. Really the issue right now is that you'd have to buy a dated (and cheaper) build, and that's bound to change with the new mac pros.

Those dated builds are hard to miss anyways, a few years ago I decided to put together a budget "gayming" build that could at least run FO4 without trouble and didn't even think of macOS, and most builds around the same price at the time turn out to work without issues with hackintosh because in the end there's not just that much of a choice

yes ... switched to hackintosh a few months ago its the best decision i ever made

I don't give a shit. I'm not even American.

>That's funny considering leftists want to make differing opinions illegal.

Uhm, no sweetie. Getting fired from your job for getting caught saying Sup Forums shit in public is not the same as making 'free speech' illegal. If you don't go to jail for it, you live in a free country, unlike many others.

This is some next level projection. Also, your use of the word "sweetie" unironically makes you look like a fucking fruit. There is no such thing as hate speech. All speech is welcome or else it's called censorship. You do not get to pick and choose.

>I don't give a shit. I'm not even American.
Europe is totally fucked. Places like Germany and Sweden are filled with violent third worlders that rape and murder with no repercussions. Anyone who speaks out is labeled a racist.

If pointing these things out makes me the bad guy, so be it. At least I'm not a literal cuckold. Now it's time for you to go back. You aren't welcome here.

>Europe is totally fucked
hmmm....no. It's actually quite scaring how little you feel or see in your actual daily life of the fact that your country suddenly has 800.000 more inhabitants.
t.European/German

Oh, so you're one of the inbred hillbillies living in the countryside. That explains a lot.

...I mean, there were a few camps in the city, and ocasionally you meet somebody who worked as a teacher for refugee kids or the like. And at university, there are maybe 10 people from Syria or the middle east in the 400 people Comp.Sci.101 class. But it really does not influence the general picture

nope. Ever heard of Munich?
Also, refugee camps are actually rather put up in the countryside, I heard.

Oh, my bad. You're a faggot. I should've known by your fruity effeminate language you've been using.

I've been duablooting El Capitan on my desktop with wanglblows 10.

wangblows for muh gaems and El Capitan for everything else.

i'm about to get an HDD adapter for my laptop and gang the dvdr out with a 2nd drive to dualboot my laptop.

Sup Forums is non political, go and fight over at Sup Forums

BLACKED
L
A
C
K
E
D

Potential for hackintosh thread pretty much ruined by usual suspects. I thought 2016 would be the last year of shoving politics into everyone's fucking breakfast but nah, this is just the fucking beginning. Can't talk about tech without "herp you voted drumpf pffffffft fucken nazis mysogenerds wif fedorers" "assjaydubya nigger cunt fuck them feminiss cuck".

Investing into a mac is the ultimate red pill. By only using Applel's software you're only getting half of the overall experience.

Back to Sup Forums my grandparents weren't roasted in Nazi ovens to hear this bullshit

I've been using OS X daily at work for a couple years now.
>powerful
In what sense? It literally feels like a shittier version of Linux with a fixed (and bloated) DE.
>fast
You must be crazy. On the same hardware you could outperform OS X with a GNU/Linux distro easily.
>reliable
It is literally the buggiest OS I've ever used besides Windows ME. The generic drivers for mouses and keyboards are abysmal and regularly cause malfunctions if you aren't using an official Mac mouse and keyboard. The bluetooth stack is absolutely retarded For example, it will reconnect to devices automatically when waking from sleep even if you specifically tell it to disconnect before putting it to sleep. Also, it will connect to bluetooth devices every 10 minutes while it is actually asleep even when wake-on-bluetooth is disabled.

There is too many problems with OS X to list or remember. Save yourself the trouble and just use Linux.

Download an El Capitan VM from here ( direct or torrent ):
archive.org/details/OSX10.11ElCapitanRetailByTechReviews
Its what I used to make mine.

Actually you can make a bootable iso easily from .app downloaded from Mac App Store. However you still need to have a mac.

I'm sorry to say but this is the best bullshit I have ever read. By using Hackintosh you still can achieve the same performance as on real mac. Apple does not use unique hardware in their machines.

>By using Hackintosh you still can achieve the same performance as on real mac
Sure I guess. I just hope you enjoy soldering your SDD and RAM directly to the motherboard.

>Literally the only point of using a mac is for the superior touchpad
>Hurr.. lets use the shitty operating system without the touchpad

>my grandparents weren't roasted in Nazi ovens
exactly

>The generic drivers for mouses and keyboards are abysmal and regularly cause malfunctions if you aren't using an official Mac mouse and keyboard.

Using some cheap crappy logitech keyboard and a steelseries rival, dunno what you're talking about other than mouse accel that can be fixed (and by the way every fucking DE under the sun has a different setting for this or none at all like Unity)

Also bluetooth at least works. Everytime I try to pair something like my dualshock 3, it takes me about an hour of repeating the same process of putting the fucking pin code (for something that's not supposed to have any) so it finally half-works.

Don't talk to me about buggy with how linux handles multimonitor setups. What's with lightDM's login window just fucking off into the sunset whenever I dock my laptop and decide to use an external monitor? And how is it logical that upon fixing this fuckery by trying to tell the fucking thing not to do that specifically and instead just show itself on one monitor or clone itself, the system stops booting?

Or you know, google drive taking 10 fucking minutes to open each folder, even after syncing it all, or perhaps having geary not notify you everytime there's an email, or having to fix tearing for most DEs which also decide that both Chromium and youtube are separate things that can also have tearing and not be affected by your attempts to fix that shit...

Really, if you're going to bring anecdotal shit here, let me drown you on anecdotes, nigger.

OR

or

...you could just fucking buy it

No, you can't buy the touchpad without also buying a macbook.

>macshitOS botnet
So powerful you don't even have to delete your files yourself.

>Powerful
>Fast
>Reliable
>UNIX
>On typical PC hardware
How did you manage to make it so that not only is the statement you made completely false but every single individual part is also false?

And what is this

Unless you're using a laptop, of course. You'd have to carry it around, but still

>literally the only purpose of trackshit is to conform to the shape limitations of laptops
>decide to carry around a separate accessory
>still carry around the same crippled piece of shit
>mactards actually use this shit on desktop

>intel isn't the de facto x86 standard

AyyMDead shill detected

My man, if you haven't tried it, why do you even bother?

I was really second guessing myself when I picked one up, but it's fucking great. I haven't used a mouse in two or three years.

Fuck off shill.

>he likes a commercial product, he's clearly a shill xDDD
Nice meme.

>i make blatantly bullshit claims b-b-b-but i'm totally not a shill!!111

It's as easy as not talking shit when you don't know shit.

Fuck off Rajeesh.

>opinions are bullshit claims
No, it's just my damned opinion. I'll take the Magic Trackpad over a mouse any day.

you need to go back

>the like something i don't
>cannot comprehend how people like things i don't
>they must be shills

why would Apple infiltrate a board full of self-selecting autists that hate Apple anyways?