It's not Linux...

It's not Linux. IT's GNU SLASH LINUX GNU SLASH LINUX GNU SLASH LINUX GNU SLASH LINUX GNU SLASH LINUX GNU SLASH LINUX GNU SLASH LINUX GNU SLASH LINUX GNU SLASH LINUX GNU SLASH LINUX GNU SLASH LINUX GNU SLASH LINUX GNU SLASH LINUX

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

/ Linux GNU

gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html

ebin thread

>Don't call me Max. I am called Maximilian.

It's Linux or you can fuck off. Just be glad you're mentioned at all.

Do you hear Apple users whine when you call their shit a Mac instead of Macintosh? That's because even hipsters aren't as whiny as you.

I emailed stallman asking him some mundane question. He emailed me back basically asking me if I want to the research, maintenance and upkeep. I could have easily been a GNU voice of bullshit.

Actually Stallman is right, this time. You should be retarded to consider the GNU and Linux as a whole. As how GNU tools can be used with other kernels, Linux kernel can be used with other OSes, if you are persistent and patient enough. Although we will calling it systemdOS in the future, I am going to cling to GNU/Linux as much as I can.

I prefer to call it Gahnoo slash Linix

> Hipster
> Implying they don't run Ubuntu on their 2nd hand MacBook air

linux user here. thats cool, i might my try it someday

>create utilities to make a free OS
>create license to stay uncucked by corporations
>get cucked by finn instead

It's not Windows, it's Microsoft/Windows/NT

It's not Mac OS, it's Apple Macintosh OSX Unix

LiGNUx.

it's gnu/linux. not a big deal with all the weird ass product names

>i drive a toyota forerunner 867ES
>i take 80mg ibprofun PM for my cold

if you cannot incorporate this logic into your vernacular just end yourself

its just linux
stallman is ridiculous and jealous of gnu/linus torvolds success. see how ridiculous it is putting gnu before everything

>get cucked by finn instead
Swedish. Even worse.

It's

Lin/GNU/x

It's Linux.

I’d just like to interject for a moment. What you’re refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/LInux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux

Can you explain like ur explaining to a 5 year old? im still confused dude

It's just Linux.

In fairness, we ought to get at least equal mention.

If that pile of shit Hurd was worth a cup of warm piss, there would be no need for the argument.