Software that is on the verge of dying yet Sup Forums is in denial about it dying because of baby duck syndrome, autism

>software that is on the verge of dying yet Sup Forums is in denial about it dying because of baby duck syndrome, autism

It's only a matter of time, Sup Forums.

A Windows-only player can't survive much longer in today's world.

What other software on the verge of death is Sup Forums in denial about?

software only dies when it ceases to perform its intended functionality

IDE users have the ultimate baby duck syndrome.

1 year left for mpc-hc, then

Utorrent 2.2.1 which was released like 10 years ago is still better than any freetard torrent client.

SAD!

Sup Forums keeps saying this will become popular and IM will finally be federated like email.

It won't. Open source developers got cucked by companies who took XMPP code and made something proprietary out of it, like Whatsapp.

Why would it die? There isn't a better windows alternative right now. MPV is a meme and VLC is VLC.

>There isn't a better windows alternative right now.

You already named it

I give it 5 years.

>You already named it

It will be gone by 2020.

>A linux-only player can't survive much longer in today's world.
Fixed that for you

There are none of those.

>XMPP code
>something protocol code
>protocol code
>code of a protocol

Sup Forums and youtube. (JK) probably lmms...

I wish your post was part of the sticky. uTorrent 2.2.1 is matched by no other client, really.

Hahaha, no.

Op btfo already damn

Yea, because they die. Windows is used by anyone who wants a desktop, limiting a program to linux would be a death sentence.

Only proprietary software """dies""" if there are still users / no better option available.

Its a protocol you idiot. I'm sure some people will be using IRC even after all the popular shit like Discord has ceased functioning completely.

>A Windows-only player can't survive much longer in today's world

It's literally the best player out there. And what do you think normie's, the majority of PC users, are gonna switch to Linux? Mac? Lel. They use Windows Media player anyway.

rtorrent kills ubotnet 2.2.1

>rtorrent
yeah, nah. I am actually a normal, highly productive member of society and I don't masturbate over command line interfaces. Enjoy dying in solitude.

I wouldn't say gone, since muh decentralization will still continue using it, but it's market share will diminish even more, probably very low by 2020

I can't believe there are still more of you out there bros.
Gonna take 2.2.1 to my grave.

>VLC is easily as good as mpc-hc now
>mpv has already far surpassed it
Its time has come, it doesn't serve a purpose anymore. Time to let it die.

yet you can't even see what files are in the torrent using 2.2.1. You have to wait for the files to appear when the torrent has started, then pause or stop it, then select which files to download or to block. This alone needs improving.

Don't brake his shilling progress

>A Windows-only player can't survive much longer in today's world.

Yep, gotta have a mobile version, or else you're done.

DELET

Normies doesn't know about MPC-HC

Unlike your mom, good software never dies.

That only happens with magnet links you mongoloid

Vlc is not as good as mpc. Full stop. Mpc can play damaged or broken files that vlc cannot, and can play files without tons of artifacts and pixelly grey shit. Vlc is great, but mpc is better. Sometimes vlc can play a file better than mpc, but very rarely.

Entire thread is stupid as hell to begin with, why not install as many quality players as possible.

pffff.. 2017 still using .torrent files. Calling superior beings childish derogatory insults to mask own inferiority in the high stakes torrent game.

>>VLC is easily as good as mpc-hc now
But that's wrong.

stop posting this shit motherfucker

if it loads, it lives

Even realplayer loads

yeah well said! somebody had to do it

uTorrent is a joke

Will it stop playing my videos?

Software dies when it is killed.

>What other software on the verge of death is Sup Forums in denial about?
Windows

>Nintendo lawsuit incoming
>at least this way they can make SOME money off the Metroid franchise

People use Winamp?

Yes.

It was ruined like 4 years ago.

Use Opera.

kek someone has too much time to waste

updating software != performing ability

i haven't updated mpc and it still works. What the hell are you even posting

legitimately hate winamp, but why does it have the best visualisers still?

>tfw I still use winamp, utorrent 2.2.1 and mpchc
>Sup Forums tells me it's dead

???

Opera is still alive?

>tfw you realize eventually all software will die with the downfall of civilization, or at the latest when our star turns into a red dwarf and fucks our planet's shit up, and all you've ever achieved will amount to nothing

But what if you send your archived data on a ship to another star?

I doubt our civilization will survive long enough to see that day, and even if another finds the data, it's unlikely they will know how to interpret it. Also that ship will likely "die" (run out of energy) first and be lost in space or simply crash into something big.
Memento mori.

Eventually the entire universe will become nothingness and everything you've ever observed will be void.

Really made me think.
I'm deleting all my collected memes today. Except the reaction images, I need those for posting.

DYING

>Highly productive member of society
>Arguing about the best way to steal software on a yugoslavian face paint bathroom wall

That only happens with magnet links and if you want to select files before you can just wait for the magnet to load

You do realize that is how magnets work right?
They don't have the file structure in them so you have to start the torrent to pull that data from a seeder.

As opposed to what?
Torrents are a good method of mass distributing files, but I'm open to suggestions.
If you mean magnets vs .torrents, .torrents are superior in that you have the full structure before connecting to the pool, where as magnets are more minimal and an easy way around early .torrent censorship.

alive and well

he is a wintard