Audiophiles, one question

Audiophiles, one question...

Why? I really don't understand the point of obsessing over sound quality.

Here's a pape for your troubles.

What's the point of listening to music if I can't hear the details of the singer's glottal stops?

Not audiophile. Have you ever listened to any decent $150+ headphones?
There is ridiculous difference between even entry level $50 headphones and trashy shit majority of normies use. I don't like putting shit on/in my ears.
Spending thousands of dollars on audio shit is another thing altogether, but $300-600 on dac/amp and headphones is very reasonable if you have any self-respect.

I'd rather save money than have a slight improvement in sound quality

Hey do you guyse use equalizer? :^)

It's up to you buddy. You see, audiophiles don't want to convince you about the importance of sound quality.

Only parametric EQs.

Graphical plebqualizers can go eat a dick.

>sound quality
>important

as long as I can enjoy what i'm listening to, i'm fine

i'm not going to spend more than 50 bucks on a pair of headphones, that's just an asinine waste of money

How do you even know if the difference is "slight" if you have never owned anything decent in your life?
Why do I even keep replying. It's pretty obvious you are underage and/or NEET, if you consider $200-300 a big investment.

>How do you even know if the difference is "slight" if you have never owned anything decent in your life?

I don't need to be able to hear the singer's fucking keychain rattling in the background to enjoy a song, you elitist asswipe.

>It's pretty obvious you are underage and/or NEET, if you consider $200-300 a big investment.

I'm neither of those, I'm in college atm. And it's not a big investment, I just don't see the point of spending hundreds of dollars on a pair of goddamn headphones when I can use a $10 pair and enjoy myself just fine.

Just try some decent headphones, retard. If you really don't think they're worth it, just return them back to Amazon.

No fucking thanks, I'm perfectly content listening to music the way I am now.

>I'm neither of those, I'm in college atm
By my definition college children are underage.

>I don't need to be able to hear the singer's fucking keychain rattling in the background to You have no clue what you are talking about. Why don't you go to shop with audio equipment and try out pair of $100 headphones instead of creating shit threads? You are literally trying to judge something you have never even tried you dumbfuck. Do you judge people who own luxury cars too, because you don't see a reason to ever own anything better than bike?
Stop being so jealous of people who own better things than you, poorfag. You wanted to know why people don't enjoy putting literal shit on their ears, I told you why.

Nice heapdhones aren't a matter of "just fine." They're a matter of enjoying the music the more. Though if you're listening to nothing but poorly mastered mainstream shit in the first place that's not going to change anything.

>talks shit about something he knows nothing about
>refuses to even try it

This is a religion for you. Enjoy your shitphones.

I fucked up, here is fix.

>I don't need to be able to hear the singer's fucking keychain rattling in the background to enjoy a song, you elitist asswipe.

You have no clue what you are talking about. Why don't you go to shop with audio equipment and try out pair of $100 headphones instead of creating shit threads? You are literally trying to judge something you have never even tried you dumbfuck. Do you judge people who own luxury cars too, because you don't see a reason to ever own anything better than bike?
Stop being so jealous of people who own better things than you, poorfag. You wanted to know why people don't enjoy putting literal shit on their ears, I told you why.

There's a point to it, but it doesn't mean you will enjoy it more. In fact it can be the opposite.

I'm a live audio technician and while I'm fussy as fuck about audio, I barely listen to music at anymore all when I'm not at work. Usually sit in silence 95% of the time. Working in the industry has pretty much destroyed all enjoyment I get from music.

>This is a religion for you.
>Audiophile talking about being obsessed about something

Bahahahahahahahaha

The quality of my headphones isn't going to change whether I like the song or how much I'm going to enjoy what I'm listening to (as long as it's not literally shit)

Lmao get over yourself you cuck. I have tried higher-end headphones (One of my best mates is an audiophile), and it doesn't fucking make a difference to me.

And your car analogy is fucking pointless, because there is a quite obvious quality difference between a driving a fucking Ferrari and riding a bike, while, to me, listening to a song on $10 headphones and $100 headphones doesn't change anything.

Not an argument.

>The quality of my headphones isn't going to change whether I like the song or how much I'm going to enjoy what I'm listening to (as long as it's not literally shit)

I disagree. There's some stuff where the detail comes through and it really does bring about greater enjoyment of the music that is then lost when listening at lower quality. If you're listening to nothing but Drake I can imagine why that statement wouldn't mean anything to you.

>If you're listening to nothing but Drake

Pffft

Great assumption btw, totally 1000% accurate

What do you listen to?

>listening to a song on $10 headphones and $100 headphones doesn't change anything.
Except it does. Also You should read your previous posts before making up lies.
Either way I'm out, you sound like retard who learned about Sup Forums on reddit 2 days ago, nothing will come out of this thread ever. Delete it and leave this board please.

Audiofagging is simply what you do when you're a loser but want some way to pretend you're superior to someone else. The key here is that you can hide behind subjectivity, even if equipment is shitty you can make up something like it sounds "warm". The other way that this works is that nobody can really prove or disprove your claim that you insist you can hear the difference. It is non-competition at its finest.

Imagine going to a racetrack and just standing in the garages all day looking smug. Then someone at some point asks why you're here. Then you say "oh I own a mclaren I guess I could have brought it and raced but... I didn't". And you don't have a car at all. That's what being an audiofaggot is like.

He listens to his mom getting fucked by black men.

Hi OP, you can stop samefagging now. I know you are upset about being called poor and dumb, but sorry that's the reality. Kill yourself out of Sup Forums now.

Why should I tell you what I listen to? I don't need you telling me whether you like my music taste. You'd probably just tell me it's shit and try to pull some more elitist bullshit out of your ass.

Where did I lie? Fucking show me, you spaz. I never once said I hadn't tried higher-end headphones, moron.

Brilliant response lmao.

>listening to a song on $10 headphones and $100 headphones doesn't change anything.
Not everyone is deaf you know, even my grandma can hear the fucking difference.

>Why should I tell you what I listen to? I don't need you telling me whether you like my music taste. You'd probably just tell me it's shit and try to pull some more elitist bullshit out of your ass.

Thanks for confirming you're trolling and unwilling to have a serious discussion. I'm out.

Not me lol

Give me one reason why my music taste matters, in terms of sound quality. Please.

Weak ass troll desu senpai

I'm not trolling lmao, I want genuine answers.

Dumb troll.

Listening to good music using bad equipment is like eating candy with the wrapper still on. Listening to good music using good equipment feels viscerally good. There's crazy extents people go to, but paying amounts that people consider exorbant can render you a setup that is obviously, even to a casual listener, to be superior in quality.

t. someone who hasn't spent a penny on audio equipment in the last two years

>Have on-board Realtek HD Audio
>Set sound environment to Living Room
>Set equalizer to Powerful
>Sound is now a bit louder and clearer
>Listen to music on Youtube or Deezer
Might be pleb, but who gives a fuck

It is pleb. It sounds awful. But if you enjoy it, good on you.