Hi, Sup Forums

Hi, Sup Forums
I found my old pc in my garage
Is there any way to connect this hard drive without an IDE to SATA converter to my current PC or Laptop?
Also wat do with the old pc?
will post pic below

Try with superglue.

>hey guys is there any way to connect my old HDD without the cable needed to connect old HDDs?
This isn't your fucking blog, just google it

>Is there any way to connect this hard drive without an IDE to SATA converter to my current PC or Laptop?
no, you need an IDE to SATA converter or an external IDE enclosure.
>Also wat do with the old pc?
old hardware is mostly worthless. unless you're into DIY electronic projects, throw it into the trash.

Find an old computer with ide and ftp it

i dont know sorry

>40gb
nigga just throw it away

you could get a dock or enclosure that goes to usb or get a converter.
if you have a fatty ps2, you could put fhdb on it and put it in there to run your pirated ps2 games off of.

no bully pls

>Is there any way to connect this hard drive without an IDE to SATA converter to my current PC or Laptop?

Yes, with an IDE to USB converter, or an IDE controller add-on card.

There is some stuff that would come in handy since it was used in my old company

>D540X

Those were pretty good hard drives back in the days. But 40 GB in 2017 is pretty useless.

meant for

My grandma still uses one of those
6 bad sectors, but still working

Yeah, like I said, everything was handled through this pc in my old company so it would be fun to see what's inside

just buy an ide card and hook it up.

Why don't you try booting up the computer? It doesn't seem to have Ethernet, but if it runs Win2K or XP, you can just use a USB stick to extract (slowly because USB 1.1) whatever you need.

Or buy a external usb caddy that's ide. ANy old external CD drive for example. Likely pick one up from a junk store for dirt cheap on ebay.

It's 10:30 here plus on Sundays everything is closed and I kinda wanted to do it tonight hence the "without IDE to SATA" part. Anyway will do that tomorrow probably.
The fucking port where you need to plug in the power is messed up. Btw, it has ethernet. This was a bad boy in it's time

You need a SATA to IDE adapter or a IDE add-on card and those are readily available on the cheap from epray and chink express.

I was presented with something similar half a year ago, I was asked to copy files off a PC that had been sitting in a garage for 3 years and it had two Maxtor harddrives that look much like yours. One of them read about half the drive and then it failed. Not sure you'll get much off those.

>old hardware is mostly worthless.
Actually, hard-drives are not entirely worthless. You can sell them for about $10/piece. If that's worth it or not depends, if you have one or two then who cares but if you happen to get your hands on 20 or something for free then that's $200 from those few companies that buy them for their metals.

Yeah found one for like 5$.

>The fucking port where you need to plug in the power is messed up.

If the AC connector is fucked, you can power it using your modern power supply, they're still compatible