All these video gaming winbabbies saying you need terabytes of ram while all you need is 39 mb

>all these video gaming winbabbies saying you need terabytes of ram while all you need is 39 mb

Other urls found in this thread:

blackviper.com/service-configurations/black-vipers-windows-xp-x86-32-bit-service-configurations/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wow, you sure showed us with your desktop environment that can show you a terminal of how little RAM it's using, and not much else.

Impressive.

I don't remember ever managing to boot under 50MB no matter how much I optimised my system but, granted, it was Ubuntu at its origin.

What distro?

Thats XFCE idiot. You don't know shit.

I sincerely hope you're trolling. I asked what distro, not what DM. Anyway, here's your (you).

welcome to Sup Forums

this is alpine. such is life without the GNU bloat and systemd

alpine is actually pretty dope.

>distro
>xfce

Spotted a retard.

I've actually browsed Sup Forums for quite a while, but I've been away for a few years. I remember at my peak I was using openbox with almost no graphic elements, vimperator, and a command line mp3 player. Fun times. Wish I still had other screencaps except this one.

all you need is terminal

>wasting ram

>dat bloat

1-800-COME-ON

I'm running several services on this device. Yellow is cached.

So, what kind of work do you do on that?

standard unix work

d-danny?

yesh!

>screenshot from 2008
Stop cherrypicking. Stop cherrypicking.

Hey you, stop cherrypicking.

there was no alpine in 2008

>alpine
here's my netBSD dns server
it's headless, but looks like 16M, wtf is the Z?

>XFCE
it looks like it came from 1999.

now open a web browser

>tfw Ubuntu idles at 2.8GB

Out of the box, yes.

something's wrong, notice how everything has 0 resident memory, that's not possible
"16.0Z" means 16 zebibytes (17,179,869,184 T/tebibytes), which is also clearly not accurate

with surf it still uses less than 100MB

unused RAM is wasted RAM

yes, but you have to go out of your way to not use all your RAM
in most OS's, ram not directly used by loaded software is used by disk caches, which are pretty useful as well

1. it uses the rest for caching
2. but if u have 1 64mb ram unit it won't be wasted

xfeces is trash and it will be trash
i used to boot on 98SE on 32MB RAM

cant figure out whats using that 100mb
my other xp machines can idle under 100mb but for some reason this one has a bunch of stuff i cant disable that uses this much ram

>24 processes

>that font rendering

Good god my eyes

Atari 2600 has 128 bytes of memory.

Deal with it.

yeah i know, the issue is ive got everything set up exactly the same as on for example, my T42 which can idle around 80-90mb of ram
but for some reason there are still some things running and i cant figure out where they are
because all i get of course is "svchost.exe" instead of a list of actual processes
its windows xp, what do you expect

but 98se is old
and that screenshot is just a few years old
and i'd imagine if i'd use something more minimal like 9wm it'd be even less

also
>anime

process explorer will tell you which services are running under scvhost

i had no idea this software existed
danks, this is useful as fuck

i still cant figure out whats using up so much memory that i can get rid of
i could expect a little bit higher because ive got nvidia drivers running, but im still over 150mb which is just kind of odd
nothing here seems out of the ordinary, its about the same as it is on the T42 and the G40

>HURR DURR

>HURR DURR I MAKE EVERYTHING AS COMPLEX AS POSSIBLE TO FEEL SUPERIOR BECAUSE MY LIFE IS SO FUCKEN PATHETIC

i really really like this image

blackviper.com/service-configurations/black-vipers-windows-xp-x86-32-bit-service-configurations/

I don't see any pic in this thread where font rendering would be better. All looks like the first compooters created.

>HURR

like literally whats your argument? i can write programs in acme/ed just fine and send them to the build server. i can listen to music with ffplay. i can browse the internet with surf. That's basically all you may need.

1-800-COME-ON-NOW

:)

Kill yourself, you dumb fucking shit smear.

thats not xfce you idiot its gnome 3

Wowzer! Stunning revelation.

Um, actually, it's Arch Linux