Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums

Currently I have 980Ti SLI Hybrids from EVGA.

I want to go to a single 1080Ti FTW3 (see pic) or 1080Ti Hybrid.

SLI has gotten worse over the years.

Which should I go with? FTW3 or Hybrid?

Wait for volta-ti. Those 980tis are still perfectly good cards.

Both the cards your looking at are pretty awful.

for what purpose? gaming? rendering? other ?

specify what's your primary use for the GPU;

And hybrid 980ti is still a good card, going full water on them might get you close performance to a 1080ti

That's too long of a wait.

Also top of my case gets real hot when on full load (since the rads are on top) but it runs fine. I spent weeks figuring out the airflow and Maxwell runs real hot.

Gayming and CUDA applications such as 3d rendering via Octane and Cinema 4D....Premiere Pro, etc.

keep the SLI,more CUDA cores, better shit.

I mean obviously consult people who use such software on the 1080ti , but yeah i'm pretty sure more CUDA cores are better than more VRAM and higher clock speeds.

Not to mention the support might be shaky on cards newer than 6 months

I wonder if kids these days even know what FTW even means, other than >fuck the world xd

wait for

V

E

G

A

zero problems with Founder's Edition 1080 Ti stock cooler in a compact ITX case (well known for poor air-flow). only reason to go with the FTW3 is the extra overclocking capability.

Maxwell runs hot.
Also 6GB ram per card when some games need 8GB now even at 1440p.

Also need future proof for 4k.

>AyyyMD
I'm not a poorfag.

if you really want the pro-side of them just get some waterblocks on them;

Otherwise get a 1080ti, but to be honest ( personally) i don't think 45-50 fps in 4K is enjoyable.But meh, it's really subjective since i'm used to FPS games.

>only reason to go with the FTW3 is the extra overclocking capability.
not really, it's more about not hitting the thermal limit, it seems all 1080TI's top out before 2100MHz, no matter the cooler or voltage

the only real reason to get any of the massive cooler cards is either thermal limitation(where you live gets fucking hot) or you want lower noise and something that will ramp up to it's max boost OC out of the box

i say that as someone that preordered a FTW3, it's like getting a gas powered hammer, it makes not fucking sense at all, but damn is it fun to use

Too lazy for waterblocks, it's an mATX case.

Noise is a concern for me hence why I went with Hybrid 980Ti's.

So you don't like the Hybrid 1080Ti (it's not out yet)?

Not him, I don't like hybrids because the fixed length on the tubes. Unless you can find a good place for them they always end up looking weird, and the fact they only use a single 120mm rad

But it's a push/pull method no?

At least that's how I have my current 980Ti hybrids set up. It works well.

Slim(30-25mm) rads hardly benefit from push\pull unless you are using really shitty fans, almost all GPU AIOs are slim rad, even with high fpi fans just in push at 1200rpm is semi decent and tends to beat low fpi 60mm rads in push\pull with the same fans perform worst, until you hit around the 1500-1600 rpm range then they become about equal

I just don't see the benefit of a single 120mm rad for the GPU only, surface area is king, 3x90mm fans-hub size>a single 120mm fan-hub size, I'm way to lazy to do the math right now

Does this ring true for single rad H80iv2 vs H100iv2?

I don't see why it wouldn't it applies to pretty much all standalone rad for water cooling, surface area is king

You'll always be better off going with the bigger thinner rad than a thicker smaller rad, there are places where they are equal but the math on that is really annoying

Ah I see.

Well I went with single thick aio rad for CPU because I had to mount the 2x120mm Hybrid rads as well.

The case is a Phanteks mATX so there's literally no space in this thing. I had a 100i before (dual fan/large rad) but I got a good deal on the hybrids so I bought em.

This is why if I go with the 1080Ti I will have 1 GPU in there and I can get another cooler maybe an nzxt kraken with dual rads for CPU.

But so far it's been working ok.

I just wanted the 1080ti cuz i come out even if i sell the 980tis

1080 Ti SLI is fine

Nigga I ain't rich