Arch is shit, it breaks constantly, just look at these meme comics!

>Arch is shit, it breaks constantly, just look at these meme comics!
>complete Linux noob, have been using Arch for the last 6 months and updating every 2 days
>it hasn't broken yet
>in fact after I got it set up the way I wanted it to it was the least annoying and buggy version of Linux I've ever used
Did anyone else not fall for the "Arch is bad" meme propagated by RedHat shills?

؜I use Manjaro :)

install gentoo

I just use Windows and skip all the linux bullshit :^)

Same experience. 4 years in.

>6 months
>i'm an expert now!

Come back next time there's something like /bin->/usr/bin, the systemd change, you accidentally "pacman -Syu" after a major version bump in libreadline, or one of 100 other cases and it eats shit, then you get castigated for not reading the arch homepage like that's reasonable before doing a normal update in tyool 2017

Using arch for everything but one system (main workstation, gentoo) now. Started using arch at all 3-4yr ago. Not an issue.

Been using Linux since mid 90s, I think the people who say Arch is difficult or breaks often should probably buy a mac: Computers ain't for them.

I just use GANOO/LOONIX and skip all the Wangblows bullshit :^)

>Been using Linux since mid 90s, I think the people who say Arch is difficult or breaks often should probably buy a mac: Computers ain't for them.
Why Linux has 2% market share on Desktops - Exhibit A

>he doesn't use suicid linux exclusively
it's like you want to keep the training wheels on...

suicide*
this is why i'm TOTALLY (no larps!) a software engineer and not a spelling engineer! (no larps i promise...)

Just wait until your pacman forgets how to update itself, OP.

If it's not a meme, why do archcucks always have to argue it isn't?

>he doesn't use octopi
>ctrl+G
>he doesn't lurk the wiki to find out if someone broke his system first

or you could just regularly do a / and /boot snapshot.
>not using 64GB or less for lunix

it's basically because all desktop OEMs ship with windows and mac. try getting numbers for BSD.

Linux market share on mobile phone and server is at #1.

How do you even count the number of linux users? browser UA? Those are irrelevant and if you're counting quantity of normies over of elites then you easily fell for the bandwagon meme.

Most of all linux distros got no metadata crap unlike android and wangblow/macjobs.

>RedHat shills
Red Hat is totally fine with Arch. Arch is basically a Red Hat distribution anyways as they instantly eat whatever Red Hat outputs

If linux was so much fucking better then windows, oems would eat it up because it's more money they can save apposed to even 10$ a license for windows.

But the user experience for linux is so fucking shit no one wants it, or will offer it out of the box.

oems get windows from microsoft for such an inconsequential amount that it doesn't matter, they do not add price to their laptops over it.
'LEENUX' is not what people are used to and they can't install viruses and microsoft office, so any oem that started selling their laptops with it would basically be fighting the tide for every sale.
if you take that to mean it has a 'poor user experience', you would be happy with a mac, i hear they're great.

also: zareason and system76 both sell fairly good quality computers with gnu/linux installed, although i will give you that they are not technically oems, nor are they particularly popular.

dude, when dell offered ubuntu the computer you got cost 100~$ less then the windows one.

they charge you for the os, at least retail price for it, even if they pat significantly less for the os.

What the fuck

Been using for a year and a half here

I update every day, but make sure to check archlinux.org before I do because the front page tells you if you need to do anything before updating to prevent breakage.

The "breakage" meme can be real if you don't follow that crucial step. Unfortunately, there's no way to prevent updates from breaking things on Windows

>bin->/usr/bin
>systemd change

This is why it's best to have your home partition separate from your root partition

That way you can just reinstall whatever OS on the root partition and then mount the home partition so all your stuff is still there

>not reading the arch homepage like that's reasonable before doing a normal update
Ha, Windows doesn't even let you do this. It updates automatically and you don't get to find out that it breaks things until it breaks things.

>dell did this which MUST mean _
no lmao they just wanted people to buy it if anything
assuming that's true, and i don't believe it, because my father bought the windows one and put ubuntu on it instead of buying the ubuntu one because it was cheaper.

>archfags defend total system breakage with "muh partitioning" and "muh backups", totally disregarding the fact that other distros simply made this work

This. I used to distro hop and reinstall ubuntu every couple of months when an update destroyed it.

I installed arch once and it's been stable since. That was years ago. I've never had a system this long.

this

manjaro is faster to install without heavy amounts of autism, is more stable and has all arch advantages

>fag pretends that an operating system he's never used "breaks"

Alright what the fuck is up with this "breakage" meme? What the hell does "break" even mean? It just sounds like something tech-illiterate normalfags say when they can't figure out why their computer is going slower.

How'd you do that?

Nigga wut da fug

this desu senpai

>install windows
>no grub shit
>no conf shit
>no repository offline shit
>everything just works

you think companies are doing things in your own self interest which is wrong on so many levels.

liniggers get triggered so easily lol XD

pretty sure it's the opposite my dude, if we can agree that oems get windows for practically nothing if not literally nothing, then, for example, what would dell seek to gain from overpricing for the windows PORTION of their laptop? reminder, more sales is always better than higher profits per sale, especially for consumer products.

Those kinds of things don't happen much anymore. And even when they did, if you waited someone would make a guid on how to type two really big commands to fix it. Say what you want about the distro, but the arch community is pretty damn active. They've fixed just about every problem I've had on arch. Another distro would probably have a few less problems, but from my experience they also have far less solutions.

All linux'es are by and large the same.
kys weeb.

what would they gain?
Ok just went to the dell store

windows 10 home, there is no lesser version, so this is the baseline, to upgrade to pro costs 50$, the difference if I buy 10 oem home and pro not through a key seller is 40$

I am going to assume for home they adjust the value of it based on tier, from near free to yea, they are adding that 100$ to the computers price.

How much microsoft charges them is likely based on how much the product costs in the end, with something sub 300$ getting it for free but something closer to 1000$ being charged full, with the pro upgrade always costing that 50$ extra.

I've been using Arch for nearly 2 years with no issues. The memes are bullshit. The people spreading them haven't even used it. Losers tbqh

Test

what

plz teach me

>tumblr
>hm. savage.

>tumblr
>furryfag
>some abnormal link
Yep, this is one of the faggot mods moot left over. Fuck off.

you called?

>wtf this 3rd world meme

I don't use arch, will it just have a header somewhere when there's something that will fuck your system in the update?