Fell for the loonix meme, installed arch

Fell for the loonix meme, installed arch.

Well that was shit, will never use linux. Windows is better.

I think I found your issue. You only installed the Linux half of GNU+Linux.

>OP

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Am I the only one who thinks the Arch install process isn't that bad?

See:

Nope, most of the people on here memeing about it haven't even done it or did it half-assed without following the official wiki

It really only takes about 20 minutes, 40 if you count the time you spend choosing a desktop environment and getting it up and running along with installing your favorite programs

Been using it for a year and a half as my only operating system on my desktop. Zero issues. I use the GNOME desktop which is stable as hell and just works. I upgrade every other day, and before I do I make sure to check the front page of archlinux.org which lets you know if there is anything you need to do to prevent breakage.

Maintaining this thing is a lot less work than maintaining Windows, too. No need for antivirus, no need for defrag, no yearly reinstall due to Windows rot, no need to keep restarting because of updates. Hell, I can actually use my computer while it's updating, instead of sitting there staring at "Getting things ready for you. Please do not turn off your computer..."

This is the comfiest system I've ever had. And I'm saying this as someone who's used nothing but Windows his entire life, going back to Windows 95.

After using this for a year and a half with no issues, I am convinced that the people on Sup Forums badmouthing it either never tried it or are too retarded to follow the wiki, which is so easy a 12 year old could do it. I've had nothing but rock-hard stability and typical GNU+Linux freedom :^)

It was the first distro I tried out of windows. Took me a while banging my head against the keys but once it all clicked, I felt like such a retard.

USE THIS

Jokes on you (this is OP). Posted this thread to trigger people. I'm using debian.

damn owned

go back to your normie containment OS

But that's wrong you retard.

fucking retard

Enjoy your ban

>Not knowing a copypasta when they see one THIS LATE INTO THE MEME

Is Sup Forums just experiencing a massive newfag wave or something? I thought it was only Sup Forums.

>hurr a kernel is an operating system because i says so
>Android and Arch Linux are the same operating system.

t. That nerd that got his ass beat everyday in school.

fell for the windows 10 meme and got a surface pro,
installed arch on my surface pro 4.
Linux is better.

>literally meme: the post
>It really only takes about 20 minutes, 40 if you count the time you spend choosing a desktop environment and getting it up and running along with installing your favorite programs
You aren't fooling anyone, Archcuck

Kek

Well, OP, I can undestand your frustration. You shoud have started with Manjaro. It even makes old computers great again.

See

>partition drives
>format them
>mount them
>pacstrap -i /mnt base base-devel
>fstab, chroot, locale settings, install GRUB

actually 15 minutes for me since I've done it before

>install gnome, Chromium, libreoffice, and some software for programming
this part won't even take me five minutes, but this is because I already know what software I want to install

why you wascally wabbit

Not him, but it's true. What makes you think Arch would be any more difficult to maintain?

THIS
IS
WHY
I
COME
HERE.

ok