Current state of Firefox

Fuck off.

my machine doesn't have this problem

He fell for the gentoo meme

You're using nightly dumbass it's in a perpetual state of being unfinished.

>hurr durr guys this testing build is not stable

Most retarded thread in the history of ever

they should rename it firefox unstable or firefox fucking shit

if you don't know what a nightly build is you should go back to where you came from

It's not intended for regular usage, it's meant for developers of Firefox to use and test. Mozilla used to hide it from plain view to avoid people messing with it, it had its own download page separate from the rest.

Using WebRender which is not even pre-alpha state...

I can't speak for OP or anybody else.
But I'm using a stable release of firefox and it crashes on the regular. about every six hours when its left opened and not being used, about every 45 minutes while I'm browsing.
for the past 6 weeks or so

Its been pretty inconvenient, I'd use another browser instead but FF has all my plugins and stuff I'm used to.
I'm about to just get used to not having them though, this constant crashing is becoming tiresome

You can at least once try running it with add-ons disabled (hold down shift while starting Firefox) and see if the problem persists. If not, it's definitely due to one of your add-ons.

You can also try to refresh your profile (there's a button in Help, Troubleshooting Information). Though after that some preferences will be reset and add-ons will have to be re-installed, too.

wtf i hate firefox now!!!

>forcing an unsupported gl viewport just to record this
i sure hope jewggle is paying you well

>a nightly build is buggy
wow it's fucking nothing

just close it you son of a bitch

I CAME HERE TO SAY THAT FIREFOX IS DYING RIGHT NOW.

I don't know if it's my computer or what but this shit is dying now. Everything extremely slow and it blocks when scrolling down, OMG I have always love Firefox but if this continues I'll have to use Chrome.

Now it blocks even when typing.

t. chrome shill

I wish I were a shill. I love Firefox but sometimes it's impossible to use it.

>current year
>not using seamonkey
I literally can't even.

Remember years ago when Sup Forums berated you for using anything but Nightly?

Funny. I find Chrome impossible to use.

just use opera lulz

>using nightly
>complaining about it being unusable
fucking die you stupid motherfucking fuck

what's the best addon for downloading youtube videos?

This, the dark red color is WebRender underdraw. OP took the liberty to flip the about:config option on to enhance his bait thread.

It's Nightly. It's kinda in the name. Like Chrome Canary.
>Nightly -- a new build of the latest untested code every night
>Canary -- you're the fucking canary for the new build of the latest untested code every night

sudo apt-get install youtube-dl

>Firefox
>In 2017
Just let it die, it's beyond saving.

Nightly literally means no guarantees on functionality. It's basically"if it builds, ship it".

Chrome - botnet
Chromium - botnet lite
Ungoogled Chromium - can't use chrome store, slow releases
Iridium - slow releases
Firefox - dying
Pale Moon - crippled Firefox made by a furfag
Opera - chinese botnet
Brave - ghey, nobody uses it
IE - for grandma and grandpa, soccer moms, and the Japanese

It hurts to live

Let me guess. You compiled it, right?

not an addon

What am I looking at?

Nice graphics drivers.

Nightly is being buggy as hell since OP is a faggot.

That's still what I do. Sounds like he turned on a non-default setting in about:config. Nightly is actually consistently stable for me.

Chrome is even worse, I don't understand how a browser can use up 4GiB of RAM and take a full minute to load a page.

... Op you're such a troll. Here's your (You)

All these everyday posts about Firefox being shit has led me to believe that the only remaining Firefox users are Sup Forumsentoomen.

That's why I use CYBERfox

>anime
>being a manchild
>using memeforks

fucking hell, just end it now.

i never close Firefox at work unless I have to do it (eg reboot) and it crashed maybe once or twice over the last 9 months

you first

post proof afterwards

>complains about nightly stability

mine doesn't either. we are truly blessed people.

>Cyberfox
>The fork that doesn't even have an automated update process, requiring you to go and manually redownload the installer and reinstall the browser

It has an auto-updater you dysfunctional piece of shit.

Check shit before you talk.

Unless they made an auto-updater very recently, it has a notification that you're running an old version, which takes you to the download page.

>takes you to a download page
No. It downloads and installs the update for you.
You're correct about the notification, it executes the auto-updater which performs the entire processs, you guessed it, automatically.

>inb4 mozilla completely scraps Nightly because "muh friendly user experience"

this is the exact brand of retardation that led them down the road of stripping valuable user tools and locking down firefox addons

I have never ever had a problem with Firefox aside from the memory leak way back when
Google fanboys don't realize they're on par with applefags these days

I could see it happening. They did it before when they got rid of Minefield after everyone complaining that shit was always broken.

use jdownloader

What? I thought it meant it only updates at night.

That's why I use Chrome, the best browser in the universe.

Nightly is minefield, just rebranded. They changed the name when they added a fourth channel(aurora/alpha) between it and beta. No they're not going to get rid of nightly because OP is a giant homo, they're perfectly fine with it as it is. People actually do like nightly even despite its faults. For a while it was the second or third most popular build while aurora/alpha had too few people on it

> automated update process
Botnet.

Get there hell out of there with your jewloader

>Using shitty old ass hardware
Current state of vir/g/ins

>they told him nightly is the BOMB
>it's actually buggy
You a stable version you infinite moron.

What kind of autistic piece of shit browses in full screen?

time to make a new competitor just like everybody else

its your stupid os

What's wrong with fully utilizing the available screen space?

What's with the Firefox threads lately? Such a forced joke.

>nightly build
>angry it's unstable
nice bait thread

>>Brave - ghey, nobody uses it
that's not even an argument brah. Usefulness is not defined by user adoption. Maybe it's just hipsterware. (I actually know a guy who uses it frequently)

>>IE - for grandma and grandpa, soccer moms, and the Japanese

We on edge now, aniki

Google shills trying to convert the last Firefox users into botnet

Is there a browser that can have 4chanx watch 50 threads at once and not crash after a while?

Mozilla has completely lost touch with their user base, they think the world is full of faggots, dykes, and minorities that hate white people.

Spoiler: It isn't.

opera is unironically the best browser

>posting on Sup Forums
enough reason to end it m8