videohelp.com/software/LAV-Filters-Megamix/old-versions
rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/supportedsites.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

mpc+madvr is better.

Nah it's true. . .
But you will become a retard like in this picture. :\

Compare ewa_lanczos with NGU Standard.
Compare ewa_lanczossoft with NGU Soft.
Compare ewa_lanczossharp with NGU Sharp.
And feel the mpv supremacy. . .

madVR just got updated. New NGU variance and direct quadruples added!

Is this nigga serious?

Yes but they are still behind the jinc based upscalers.
The madshi's process is kinda wrong, neural upscalers always fail.

Bait.

Enjoy your unnatural and over processed videos.
Winfags will never understand, it's sad for the humanity.

Looks bad, very bad and damn why he is still promoting directshow, it's a dead technology. It's like all these dev that are still creating custom flash web players.

Just use your fucking eyes, oil painting effect is not good.

It's what madshi wrote on his doom9 thread.
>In older versions, NGU Sharp was optimized for movies that were downscaled using gamma light. A studio insider told me that some studios use gamma light and some linear light for downscaling. So starting with v0.91.8, all NGU algorithms now try to hit middle ground between linear and gamma light. Which means we won't ever get "perfect" results, but with the old version the interpolation error was sometimes big and sometimes non-existant. With the new version there will always be an error, but it will always be relatively small.

Download 1080p/2160p files and your problem is solved.
Who the hell is still downloading 480p shits today?
Are you living in Somalia or Burkina Faso?

SSimSuperRes.glsl variants and with grains when?
I am sure they will be much better than these neural shits.

Some of you nigas livin in the past. Smh.

>NGU AA
Hnnng. Looks really good for shit quality content.

Not really true for real contents, this kind of algos are only useful for when you need to zoom to dentify suspects.

>wasting money watching numbers. . .
First algo is usable with almost any iGPU/APU, others need a fucking expensive and noisy GPU.

Source? I am sure SSimSuperRes.gls result is better with the quarter of GPU usage needed for NGU Very High.

lol

It's the Very High variant, you need a $600+ GPU.

with your settings playing a 12.7GB file

Second and third ones are distorted as hell. :(

Cuda? Isn't it a dead shit?

>no GUI
It's fucking shit.

dont know, I usually use swdec.

lol

New to mpv from MPC-BE, can someone spoonfeed me a good config along with keybinds for:
>toggling subtitles on/off
>seeking back and forward by only a single frame
>switching between audio tracks
>disabling all other keys so i don't accidentally hit some key and fuck everything up
Didn't see anything listed above in the manual or github page.

>New to mpv from MPC-BE, can someone spoonfeed me a good config
profile=opengl-hq
might want to add more depending on OS
>>toggling subtitles on/off
j cycles through subs
>>seeking back and forward by only a single frame
, and .
>>switching between audio tracks
shift+3

Thanks!
Is there anyway to change the size of the OSC (not text, but video progress bar, etc.)?
Also what scalers are good for general use?

Not that I know of, but it might be possible. Scaling the osc changes the size of everything. You could try different layouts.
mpv.io/manual/master/#on-screen-controller-layout

Dont use scalers so cant help you there

Thank you, did not see that section.

What's the point of NGU though?

When SSimSuperRes produces the same result and you can use it with any upscaling factor.
profile=opengl-hq
opengl-shaders="~~/SSimSuperRes.glsl"
scale=ewa_lanczossharp
sigmoid-slope=10.0

Why do you post this everyday?

this is best videohelp.com/software/LAV-Filters-Megamix/old-versions

I don't watch anime.

Why should I from VLC to this?

retards should stay on vlc

w4m is always looking for 1 more download to add to the 2000 he already has.

look up vlc corruption

Corrupting girls by making them watch shit with VLC?

Assuming you aren't a tech illiterate, mpv has youtube-dl support, meaning it can stream videos from all these sites:
rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/supportedsites.html

same result?? your sssr image has significantly more aliasing and bloating compared to the ngu image.

I like MPV a lot but the ac3 format volume is very low, the sound is great but very low.

is there a point to using mpv if I'm lazy windowsfag using MPC-HC + KLCP with default ninite settings

Not significantly, for video difference is absolutely negligible. And aliasing is because source is aliased, I don't watch that much aliased content anyway.

to my eyes the difference in bloating and aliasing is very significant. look at the cars at the top. or the details on the pants. or the stripes on the white helmet in the bottom shelf. or the bottom/right edge of the man's glasses. or basically look anywhere.

> lokking basically anywhere
> sssr is sharper
?

Note for people who doing encodes: downscale in linear light instead of gamma and you won't need any debloating bullshit.

>os - gahnuu / leenux
>mpv - 0.24.0-1

screen tearing is visible in fullscreen

screen tearing is not visible in windowed / maximized

what do

depends on your DE and gpu
KDE?

try --x11-bypass-compositor=never

It looks even better on real content.
I use it on my 180$ RX470 and there is a lot of headroom left.
But i have a horse power (look above). Why not to put it to good use?
>First algo is usable with almost any iGPU
Its actually not. I couldnt use even Lanczos on my intel hd2500 without dropping mad frames.
Added NNEDI3 128 for comparison. Keep in mind that 128 neurons uses like x2 resources needed for NGU sharp/AA very high. I dont get heavy GPU usage/noise/temps on my RX470 even though Polaris is considered shit and runs NGU slower for some reason. For me NGU very high = NNEDI3 64 bit resources wise.
Stahp torlling.

> comparing madvr algorithms in mpv thread

mpv has jinc and nnedi3 too.

>NNEDI3
It's not a part of mpv because the devs are sane enough not to bake this oil-painting garbage into the program itself.

Youre idiot, m9. Never heard anyone call nnedi oil painting algo, holy kek. So you use Jinc, right? But it processes image too much and makes it look unnatural! Use BICUBIC idiot! BICUBIC will give you the most ground truth image!

> retarded newfag detected

>watching video files that require any form of destructive "enhancements" whatsoever to look decent

Disgusting. You should be watching films and television series in bluray remux format only.

>oil-painting garbage
Jinc resembles oil-painting the most in that image to be honest

>upscaling videos
I know right! You should watch video rip as it intended ie 540p in a windows on your 1080p monitor! And dont you dare to bumb chroma algo so it will look even better!

just wm with default compton.conf
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] RV630/M76 [Mobility Radeon HD 2600]

same :/

i think i build with these flags

--enable-libmpv-shared \
--enable-termios \
--enable-shm \
--disable-libsmbclient \
--disable-encoding \
--disable-libbluray \
--disable-rubberband \
--disable-vapoursynth \
--disable-vapoursynth-lazy \
--disable-libarchive \
--disable-sdl2 \
--disable-sdl1 \
--disable-oss-audio \
--disable-rsound \
--disable-sndio \
--disable-pulse \
--disable-jack \
--disable-openal \
--disable-opensles \
--disable-xv \
--disable-xinerama \
--disable-caca \
--disable-tv \
--disable-tv-v4l2 \
--disable-libv4l2 \
--disable-audio-input \
--disable-dvbin

In gnome on a dual-monitor setup I used to bypass this issue by starting the window undecorated, then using the DE's built-in shortcut for maximizing (Super+Up in this case) to cover the whole screen.

If you happen to be using Nvidia on a multimonitor setup I'm not sure if there's any other way of fixing the problem you're seeing.

2160p files? Where exactly do you get those? I can't find any. Truth though is that I only have 1440p so I'd have to downscale but that's alright, I guess.

--video-unscaled

Live TV and very few YT videos.

NNEDI3 is an oil painting filter, maybe you are too young and never see a single oil painting creation in your life. Ask your madshi master by email and he will probably say you the same thing.

What about madVR Jinc + SuperRes?

SuperRes is piece of shit in madvr

>You'd have to ask Shiandow about it. He's the SR algo creator. His latest SSIM-SR algo doesn't bloat any less than the SR version used by madVR, maybe even more so.
It's from madshi himself!

He is wrong. From my observation he doesn't even understands what this algo supposed to do.

Is it normal that finesharp + SSIMSR looks better than adaptive-sharpen + SSIMSR? Yes I know I shouldn't, sharpen is bad, ...

Ha! Ha!

MPV looks like shit on my monitor.
Provide me with a monitor that's 4k/144hz and plays my smut and anime properly.

Or is Sup Forums above anime?

Are you watching 240p/360p videos on your monitor?
If so, you are a true retard.

No? It just judders like shit on padding scenes.

Try lower settings, don't copy/paste config from Sup Forums!

I think it's my monitor

It's a little bit retarded but nice draw!

Why?

just a hunch

>It just judders like shit on padding scenes.
That happens when you're watching 24fps content on a refresh rate that's not an integer multiple.

I figured. So what monitor should I get?

Just use interpolation. The result is practically the same as havnig a 72Hz monitor (but not as good as a 144Hz monitor)

open mpv.conf and write

video-sync=display-resample
interpolation
tscale=oversample

you can try other tscales like mitchell

What about autospeed.lua/autospeedwin.lua?
Interpolation is just too weird for normies.

>Interpolation is just too weird for normies.
This kind of interpolation isn't destructive like vector based or whatever (eg: SVP)

Just try it out using tscale=oversample. It's the same as setting a refresh rate that's an integer multiple

autospeed can do the same but using mpv's functions is better and easier to setup

Just tried this out and while it does look better, can't I just buy a 144hz monitor and be done with it? I believe my phone has that refresh rate.

>can't I just buy a 144hz monitor and be done with it
Sure, and it'll look better because of less screen blur

What about performance? Switching display rate is much less GPU intensive than using smoothmotion/interpolation algo.

I can use mpv's interpolation on a A6-5400K 1core/2thread APU.

but you're correct. Changing display rates would be the best option but there's a catch: Firstly, setting display rate too high or too low may lead the monitor to not show any image or show an image full of artifacts. Secondly, setting the monitor to 72Hz and playing a 30FPS video will lead to the exact same judder as playing a 24FPS video on a 60Hz monitor so you'd need to be swapping back and forth. A 120Hz is the best because it fits both 24fps (24*5) and 30fps (30*4) content

rate my video settings

profile=opengl-hq
vo=opengl
opengl-shaders="~~/shaders/SSimSuperRes.glsl"
scale=ewa_lanczossharp
cscale=ewa_lanczossoft
dscale=mitchell
scale-antiring=0.7
cscale-antiring=0.7
dither-depth=auto
correct-downscaling=yes
sigmoid-upscaling=yes
deband=yes
sigmoid-slope=10.0

how do i open youtube videos in mpv automatically?

>cscale=ewa_lanczossoft
Why soft?

>dscale=mitchell
catmull-rom is objectively superior. It's sharper without adding any aliasing that mitchell doesn't have

>correct-downscaling=yes
>sigmoid-upscaling=yes
>deband=yes
These are already turned on by default on the opengl-hq profile. You can delete the lines

My old monitor can switch to 23, 24, 50 and 60hz. It's enough for almost anything.

retard/10

>catmull-rom is objectively superior.
no

Yea, it's just a bother to keep switching. I don't like 48Hz too much though, it adds a lot of blur. Try overclocking to 72Hz

Which one to get?

Wouldn't 144hz be better? Since it can switch to 120 anyways.

what is a good video setting then?